How much will it be able to overcklock

Got a i7 6700k and the cooler is a hydro h100i v2 so how much will it be able to overcklock it???  

Depends on how good the chip itself is....

if you are lucky then 4.5GHz - 4.6GHz.

If you are very lucky then 4.7GHz - 4.8GHz.

If you are not lucky then 4.3GHz-4.4GHz.

What motherboard do you have?
Also overclocking depends on the exact chip you have, each one varies a good bit. From what I've heard a 4.5ghz wouldn't be out of reach for a H100i

CPU: I5 4590 Motherboard: ASROCK H97 Pro4 Ram: XPG 16gb v2.0 4x4 kit  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 PSU: EVGA 550w Supernova G2 Storage: 128 gb Sandisk SSD + 525gb Mx300 SSD Cooling: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP Case: Zalman T2 Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma Keyboard: DBPower LED

1 minute ago, Moress said:

What motherboard do you have?
Also overclocking depends on the exact chip you have, each one varies a good bit. From what I've heard a 4.5ghz wouldn't be out of reach for a H100i

Z170 gigabyte k3 something hehe

3 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Depends on how good the chip itself is....

if you are lucky then 4.5GHz - 4.6GHz.

If you are very lucky then 4.7GHz - 4.8GHz.

If you are not lucky then 4.3GHz-4.4GHz.

But I heard some insane things when they overcklock to 5.5 GHz and it's still stable

EDIT meybe very lucky people

Just now, DAnewguy said:

But I heard some insane things when they overcklock to 5.5 GHz and it's still stable

Not with this cooler. And the chips that can do 5.5GHz on water are maybe 0.001% of all 6700k.

1 minute ago, WereCat said:

Not with this cooler. And the chips that can do 5.5GHz on water are maybe 0.001% of all 6700k.

Obviously not white this cooler but still and they need to be lucky if so

1 minute ago, DAnewguy said:

Obviously not white this cooler but still and they need to be lucky if so

Most 6700k can do 4.5GHz so I would expect that. Anything above it is just icing on the cake. If you can do 4.8GHz you won the silicone lotery basicaly.

6 minutes ago, DAnewguy said:

Z170 gigabyte k3 something hehe

Just making sure you had an overclocking motherboard (Z series) since you didn't mention it.

CPU: I5 4590 Motherboard: ASROCK H97 Pro4 Ram: XPG 16gb v2.0 4x4 kit  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 PSU: EVGA 550w Supernova G2 Storage: 128 gb Sandisk SSD + 525gb Mx300 SSD Cooling: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP Case: Zalman T2 Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma Keyboard: DBPower LED

6 minutes ago, Moress said:

Just making sure you had an overclocking motherboard (Z series) since you didn't mention it.

Oh tought that you need high end z170 to overcklock better

4 minutes ago, DAnewguy said:

Oh tought that you need high end z170 to overcklock better

Any Z170 chipset board is built for overclocking, some are better than others obviously, but once you're on the Z chipset you can overclock.

2 hours ago, DAnewguy said:

Got a i7 6700k and the cooler is a hydro h100i v2 so how much will it be able to overcklock it???  

Really, there's only one person that can answer that question: yourself. Go out there and find what your chip is capable of.

1 hour ago, WereCat said:

you won the silicone lotery basicaly.

http://grammarist.com/spelling/silicon-silicone/

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

20 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Okay.... its not that I meant to type silicone but autocorrect strikes again.

Yeah, I hate it too.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!