Small form factor streaming box options?

While I have a nice machine with a 5820K, it's unfortunately a pain to transport to events, and eventually I'll be having people over and will stream downstairs.

While the sensible solution would be to not be lazy and just move my system whenever I need to, I got curious with possibly using an Intel NUC or other small form factor machine to stream console games via a capture card.

USB 3 is a must since I'll be using an Elgato HD60S, and cost is a priority overall.

Has anyone had any experience with using small for factor PCs for streaming? Obviously some are underpowered, but as long as it can do a 720/60FPS stream that would be great

I bet you are wishing that this was cheaper by now:

I think a mitx pc would work better for a stream machine, Brix Pros and other more powerful mini pcs are quite expensive for what you are getting, although they are smaller.

you could just suck it up and get one of those shoebox cases, or a htpc case that'll fit with your tv like it belongs there, and build a rig that performs to your needs.

aside from those stupidly prices mini pc's like before mentioned, there's just not much small formfactor thats powerful, and that you'd want to put in your living room.

That Linus video is what made me want to do a small machine for streaming when I'm not at my desk but jeez it's so expesive

I guess I'll have to plan a build to see how much I'll spend. I feel like it'll be too much compared to just getting an older Ivy Bridge HP built desktop on clearance somewhere.

And sadly these Mini Barebone PCs just doesn't seem very powerful apart from the really high end ones.

Not the prettiest case but I think It may fit your needs

Core i7 7700k Kabylake stock + Kraken x52 | ASUS Z170-A | 8GB DDR4 2133MHz HyperX | ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 STRIX 6GB | 250GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB HDD WD RE4 | Seasonic X-Series 650w | Corsair 460x RGB  | Win 10 Pro 64 bit | Corsair M65 PRO RGB Mouse | Corsair K70 RGB RapidFire

That case is really nice, if the budget allows that'll definitely be an options.

Went ahead and picked some parts together to see what the budget should look like and this seems okay for the most part, not as small as I'd like but that's okay

PC Part Picker List

There is also an Alienware Alpha Steam Box I saw on Slickdeals for about $375

It has a Core i5, 8GBs of RAM, 1TB of storage and a small GPU to boost, plus the Steam controller.

Something like that almost seems too perfect to be true lol

Slickdeals link