Apple sales falls across.

GoodBytes

Apple's sales fall across iPhone, iPad, and Mac the company reveals in its Q3 2016 financial report.

While the iPhone SE has helped a lot pushing sales of the iPhone devices, the iPhone sales saw the steepest decline year over year.

Its iPad and Mac systems are also down by nice margins.

The company is also hiding its Apple Watch and Apple TV product under "Other", not revealing any numbers. It is safe to assume it isn't doing too hot.

40.4 million iPhones sold in the recent quarter, compared to 47.5 million this time last year. A 15% drop.

Last quarter, iPhone sales were also down 16% year-over-year. A down trend is showing for the smartphone for the company.

10 million iPads where sold, down nearly 9% from the same quarter last year, but managed to beat Wall Street expectations by 7%.

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

The Verge says:

Apple's iPhone sales continue to decline. Apple just reported its latest Q3 earnings, and the company sold 40.4 million iPhones in the recent quarter, compared to 47.5 million this time last year. That's a 15 percent drop, and a sign that iPhone growth momentum has significantly stalled. The slump in sales means Apple's profit has dropped 27 percent as a result. Last quarter, iPhone sales were also down 16 percent year-over-year. Apple introduced the iPhone SE in March, and it has already had an affect on the overall balance of iPhone sales. Apple's average selling price for the iPhone has dropped to $595 from $662 last year, suggesting that people are opting for the smaller iPhone SE.

Market research firm Gartner predicted that smartphone sales would slow this year worldwide, and the inevitable announcement of a new iPhone in September has only helped sales slow even more.

As a result, but more interestingly, Apple narrowly beats revenue expectations. 

Apple reported $42.4 billion in quarterly revenue for its third quarter 2016, and quarterly net income of $7.8 billion ($1.42 per share). That compares to $49.61 billion for this time last year; and a quarterly net income of $10.7 billion in the same quarter last year. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters expected $1.38 per share on $42.11 billion in revenue.

In terms of iPhone sales in the third quarter, it was another relatively weak quarter for the device, although again, Apple managed to beat short-term expectations. Apple sold 40.4 million iPhones in the fiscal quarter ending June 25th, less than the 47.5 million sold in the same quarter a year ago but beating some analyst expectations of around 40 million iPhone sales.

Same with iPads: Apple sold 10 million of them, down nearly 9 percent from the same quarter last year, but managed to beat Wall Street expectations and revenue on iPads is up 7 percent. Some investors seemed to like the news, as Apple's stock jumped up after today's earnings release.

The good news for the company, is that the App store purchased where the highest ever. An 19% increase year over year.

App Store revenue was its highest ever, and its services business grew 19 percent year over year

Apple share went up regardless of this news.

Sources:

http://www.theverge.com/2016/7/26/12290408/apple-q3-2016-earnings-device-sales-chart

http://www.theverge.com/2016/7/26/12289832/apple-iphone-sales-q3-2016

http://www.theverge.com/2016/7/26/12285506/apple-narrowly-beats-revenue-expectations-in-the-third-quarter

Do you think Apple will bounce back? Or this is the end of the Apple golden years?

im pretty sure its because most of the world has a good smartphone already, and don't care about new smartphones

I mean, the iPhone 3GS is still usable today.

over saturation.

apples going to probably bounce back up again, when the ip4s/5 gets dropped. about 85% of the iphone users i've seen are on 4s/5 and 14% is 6.. 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

I hope this will mean Apple stops asking for ridiculous amounts of cash for their products.

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

1 hour ago, manikyath said:

in the large scheme of things i wouldnt consider this very much of a drop tbh :P

Agreed man. In the long run, I'm not sure how many smartphones people wanna be selling anyway.

Just now, Tenelia said:

Agreed man. In the long run, I'm not sure how many smartphones people wanna be selling anyway.

they're still up compared to the same time of 2014, and i'd say if this graph means anything, it means that current gen apple devices are more reliable that the last generations :P

No new Macs no good sales. Apple stop abandoning your Mac user base and release a bloody proper Mac that isn't a one port MacBook.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

i wouldnt be surprised if this was the same for many smart phone companies......phones have got to the point where the new dont offer that much more than the old. i have upgraded my phone every 2 years for the last 10 years now, this is the first time i wont bother. my 6+ is more than enough for what i do so i might as well save some money and move to sim only

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

7 minutes ago, manikyath said:

they're still up compared to the same time of 2014, and i'd say if this graph means anything, it means that current gen apple devices are more reliable that the last generations :P

Yeah, I'm still on my 2010 iMac and 2011 Macbook. Meanwhile my Windows self-built keeps crashing now and then.

Just now, manikyath said:

that kind of implies that's your own fault, isnt it? :P

Boo! RMAed everything and acted on everything the various manufacturers and Microsoft has told me. :< Strange that my clients have no problems with their builds, but I do!

Hopefully things will pick up with the iphone 7 launching in september and hopefully some new macbooks!!

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

im still on my iphone 5 and i wont upgrade anytime soon, unless its free.

Classic evidence that consumers will react to a lack of competitiveness and will not simply buy a product because it has an Apple logo.

Apple has ignored its Mac users and it SHOWS. The PC market has experienced growth while Mac sales are down. As to iPhone sales, Android finally has phones that truly compete with the iPhone in every way, mainly the Galaxy S7. That coupled along with the fact that progress in smartphones in general has been slowing down and consumers are no longer tempted to buy the latest and greatest and are willing to hold onto their current phones.

2 hours ago, themctipers said:

im pretty sure its because most of the world has a good smartphone already, and don't care about new smartphones

I mean, the iPhone 3GS is still usable today.

over saturation.

apples going to probably bounce back up again, when the ip4s/5 gets dropped. about 85% of the iphone users i've seen are on 4s/5 and 14% is 6.. 

if I were to use an iPhone I would not consider anything except the 6S or 6S Plus.

Most people still use iPhone 5,5S or 6. Almost nobody has a 6S.

My mom still uses an iPhone 4S but will get an upgrade soon.

My brother might get a smartphone soon and the only reason he would want an iPhone is their simplicity and app store support.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

2 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Apple's sales fall across iPhone, iPad, and Mac the company reveals in its Q3 2016 financial report.

While the iPhone SE has helped a lot pushing sales of the iPhone devices, the iPhone sales saw the steepest decline year over year.

Its iPad and Mac systems are also down by nice margins.

The company is also hiding its Apple Watch and Apple TV product under "Other", not revealing any numbers. It is safe to assume it isn't doing too hot.

40.4 million iPhones sold in the recent quarter, compared to 47.5 million this time last year. A 15% drop.

Last quarter, iPhone sales were also down 16% year-over-year. A down trend is showing for the smartphone for the company.

10 million iPads where sold, down nearly 9% from the same quarter last year, but managed to beat Wall Street expectations by 7%.

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

The Verge says:

As a result, but more interestingly, Apple narrowly beats revenue expectations. 

The good news for the company, is that the App store purchased where the highest ever. An 19% increase year over year.

Apple share went up regardless of this news.

Sources:

http://www.theverge.com/2016/7/26/12290408/apple-q3-2016-earnings-device-sales-chart

http://www.theverge.com/2016/7/26/12289832/apple-iphone-sales-q3-2016

http://www.theverge.com/2016/7/26/12285506/apple-narrowly-beats-revenue-expectations-in-the-third-quarter

Do you think Apple will bounce back? Or this is the end of the Apple golden years?

I'm still puzzled why most app developers make apps for iPhones when honestly, iPhones don't make up the majority of the market or all of the market.

This further proves that developers should make apps for IOS, Android and Windows 10 UWP.

I think this might be why some of the big iPhone apps might be trying their luck with UWP.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

16 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

I'm still puzzled why most app developers make apps for iPhones when honestly, iPhones don't make up the majority of the market or all of the market.

This further proves that developers should make apps for IOS, Android and Windows 10 UWP.

I think this might be why some of the big iPhone apps might be trying their luck with UWP.

Because iOS users on average spends more money on apps than the average Android users. So on iOS it is possible to make the same amount of money from a smaller number of people. 

There is also the fact that the global numbers and numbers in English speaking countries are widely different. 

AND can you please stop pushing Windows Mobile? It got like a 0.5% marketshare. It's about as dead as betamax. 

1 minute ago, LAwLz said:

What? You didn't say anything.

3 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

post-11150-Grumpy-Cat-GOOD-and-NO-memes-

However, Apple has been in something of a transition for quite awhile.  They're not, in my eyes, a hardware company; the hardware's just the tip of the spear.  They're also a financial company and a media company.  Now that they've soo many people invested in their platform and everyone from banker to artists colluding with them, the people are just gonna get squeezed.  Apple will continue developing ways to make money from the people that are stuck in their wall garden.  From everyday transactions, apps, music, podcasts and soon even more hardware with headphones and ofc more chargers.   I wouldn't be surprised if apple is already a creditcard company in their own right looking to bank on interest in addition to their per translation service fee via applepay.

APPL is too big, and imo needs to be taken down several notches.  It was cool when they were hardware, but now they're just not making awesome mp3 players and phones, they've gotten their finger into things I don't like them being involved in.  But that's just me.

51 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

if I were to use an iPhone I would not consider anything except the 6S or 6S Plus.

Most people still use iPhone 5,5S or 6. Almost nobody has a 6S.

My mom still uses an iPhone 4S but will get an upgrade soon.

My brother might get a smartphone soon and the only reason he would want an iPhone is their simplicity and app store support.

honestly, i think everyone would but nobody can afford it.

app store and simplicity are apples biggest advantages against android

32 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Because iOS users on average spends more money on apps than the average Android users. So on iOS it is possible to make the same amount of money from a smaller number of people. 

There is also the fact that the global numbers and numbers in English speaking countries are widely different. 

AND can you please stop pushing Windows Mobile? It got like a 0.5% marketshare. It's about as dead as betamax. 

i spent like $0.99 in 7 years or so xD

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

2 minutes ago, themctipers said:

app store and stupidity are apples biggest advantages against android

I wholeheartedly agree xD.

/s

Just now, AluminiumTech said:

I wholeheartedly agree xD.

/s

for me, i literally like how it just works

and ive gotten used to ios since ios 2....

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, themctipers said:

for me, i literally like how it just works

and ive gotten used to ios since ios 2....

But did you see what I changed?

Lol I upgraded my mom's 4S from IOS 6 to IOS 9 and she doesn't like the new IOS look.

And they will release iPhone 7 and atill come at top. I'mxquite positive that those graph bumps correspond to iPhone release dates. Also, believe it or not, Pokemon Go is one of main reasons, if not the main reason, why their stock is gaining value atm.  

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

1 minute ago, AluminiumTech said:

But did you see what I changed?

Lol I upgraded my mom's 4S from IOS 6 to IOS 9 and she doesn't like the new IOS look.

*shakes you*
DID YOU SAVE SHSH BLOBS

DID YOU SAVE SHSH BLOBS

DID YOU!?!?!??!?!?!?!?
iPhone 4s + 6.1.3 SHSH = rare and high demand.

imo i love the ios 4-6 feel.. i've gotten used to ios 7 but 8 and 9 just look.. bland and ugly.

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.