Best gaming monitor on a budget

Caolan.Kelly

What is the best monitor for gaming , I will be using a 1060 or rx 480 and an i5 6600k 

id like 60 frames on high or ultra 

and if possible could I run dual monitors on this (one for gaming, one for work?) but probably not in my budget I have 200-300 to spend  the cheaper the monitor the more I can spend on the tower 

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/D7hj4D/acer-monitor-umkg7aa002 that is my current one and I love it got it running at 85hz 

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

7 minutes ago, Caolan.Kelly said:

What is the best monitor for gaming , I will be using a 1060 or rx 480 and an i5 6600k 

and if possible could I run dual monitors on this (one for gaming, one for work?) but probably not in my budget I have 200-300 to spend  the cheaper the monitor the more I can spend on the tower 

What are you looking for 1080,1440, 4K, ultra wide?

Blue screens eh? Did you try setting it to Wumbo?

20 minutes ago, Caolan.Kelly said:

I have 2 BenQ RL2455HM 24" Monitors and they're fantastic! 

https://www.amazon.com/BenQ-RL2455HM-24-Inch-Console-Monitor/dp/B007HSKSMI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1469575528&sr=8-1&keywords=benq+rl2455hm

4 hours ago, rf9661 said:

That BenQ is definitely a good choice. 

Check out these as well: http://www.metabytes.net/product/aoc-e2752she-27-inch-class-led-backlit-monitor-with-2-ms-response-time-vga-and-2-hdmi-ports-earphone-audio-port-1920-x-1080-resolution-display/

My brother got 2 of those and they are totally bad ass. Price will also allow you to dual monitor with your budget.

5 hours ago, Troy1307 said:

Check out these as well: http://www.metabytes.net/product/aoc-e2752she-27-inch-class-led-backlit-monitor-with-2-ms-response-time-vga-and-2-hdmi-ports-earphone-audio-port-1920-x-1080-resolution-display/

My brother got 2 of those and they are totally bad ass. Price will also allow you to dual monitor with your budget.

When I said dual monitors people said I couldn't do it with the rx 480 but I can right ? 

10 hours ago, Damocles said:

What are you looking for 1080,1440, 4K, ultra wide?

I'm not picky just the best monitor(s) I can get for price 

5 hours ago, Troy1307 said:

That's a very good benq monitors and a good price for such a large monitor 

11 hours ago, Caolan.Kelly said:

When I said dual monitors people said I couldn't do it with the rx 480 but I can right ? 

You can definitely use a dual monitor setup with the RX 480! I use a GTX 970 and it works flawlessly!

Just now, rf9661 said:

You can definitely use a dual monitor setup with the RX 480!

11 hours ago, Caolan.Kelly said:

That's a very good benq monitors and a good price for such a large monitor 

They have pretty good colors too, especially on analog connections!

1 hour ago, rf9661 said:

They have pretty good colors too, especially on analog connections!

Cool if I were to use two I would probably go for 24" each and the would be no drop in fps if I only use 1 for games would there? 

22 minutes ago, Caolan.Kelly said:

Cool if I were to use two I would probably go for 24" each and the would be no drop in fps if I only use 1 for games would there? 

You shouldn't get any FPS drops. I use one for gaming and the other for watching YouTube videos simultaneously. 

9 minutes ago, rf9661 said:

You shouldn't get any FPS drops. I use one for gaming and the other for watching YouTube videos simultaneously. 

That's real good to know thank you pal I know this is a monitor forum but could I ask what your build is ? 

Edit: sorry I see it on your page now 

3 minutes ago, Caolan.Kelly said:

That's real good to know thank you pal I know this is a monitor forum but could I ask what your build is ? 

Yea! 

CPU: Intel i7 6700K
GPU: GeForce GTX 970
RAM: 16GB of DDR4 at 2133Hz
PSU: Corsair CX750M

MOBO: Asus Z170-A

Case: NZXT Noctis 450 (Black and Red)

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma

Mouse: Logitech M320

14 minutes ago, rf9661 said:

That case looks badass and I'd say that i7 is a beaut

5 minutes ago, Caolan.Kelly said:

That case looks badass and I'd say that i7 is a beaut

Thanks! By the way, I'd recommend waiting until after September to buy the monitors since prices will most likely drop after then! :D Let me know if you need any more help, just message me!

9 minutes ago, rf9661 said:

Thanks! By the way, I'd recommend waiting until after September to buy the monitors since prices will most likely drop after then! :D Let me know if you need any more help, just message me!

Thanks you've been a really great help I might get your help choosing my build also cause I'm in many different worlds with what I'm going to get haha, and why in September do they drop ? 

Just now, Caolan.Kelly said:

Why exactly with a 1060 and not an rx 480 ( I'm just curious ) is that just super wide or curved also ? 

It is standard 1440p, 16:9 ratio just like a phone or a TV. I said a 1060 would be better because of a better price to performance and overall it is better than the RX480. I am not fanboying Nvidia, I am actually an AMD person myself. With the 480s issues, the 1060 would be better.

2 minutes ago, Caolan.Kelly said:

Why exactly with a 1060 and not an rx 480 ( I'm just curious ) is that just super wide or curved also ? 

I wouldn't recommend buying a 1440p monitor if you're getting a GTX 1060. You prob wouldn't be able to play modern games at 60 FPS stable at 1440p if at MAX/Ultra settings. That's just my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Caolan.Kelly said:

Thanks you've been a really great help I might get your help choosing my build also cause I'm in many different worlds with what I'm going to get haha, and why in September do they drop ? 

A lot of tech products are released in late September so as new products come out, the previous generation products get dropped in price.

1 minute ago, rf9661 said:

I wouldn't recommend buying a 1440p monitor if you're getting a GTX 1060. You prob wouldn't be able to play modern games at 60 FPS stable at 1440p if at MAX/Ultra settings. That's just my opinion.

Yes I would have thought that two I would rather have high frame rate that 1440p I think 

what do you think 

3 minutes ago, WSADKeysGaming said:

It is standard 1440p, 16:9 ratio just like a phone or a TV. I said a 1060 would be better because of a better price to performance and overall it is better than the RX480. I am not fanboying Nvidia, I am actually an AMD person myself. With the 480s issues, the 1060 would be better.

Just now, rf9661 said:

Overwatch isn't THAT demanding, is it? I only have a 970, but I have this exact monitor. My friend has a 1060 and he ran it on this monitor, it ran TC:R6S on High very smoothly, 58 FPS average.