Internet problems

269395_1454182228
11 hours ago, Damocles said:

Would it hurt? I know for a fact a bad cable can be a contributing factor to a random failure over time

I tried 2 new cables but no improvement.

Maybe you can try resetting its device driver. Try uninstalling the driver for the adapter in device manager and reboot the computer. It will auto load a vanilla driver from the Windows system files and give you basic internet access. Then you can try updating the driver from device manager after that.

Blue screens eh? Did you try setting it to Wumbo?

On 7/27/2016 at 11:12 PM, Damocles said:

Maybe you can try resetting its device driver. Try uninstalling the driver for the adapter in device manager and reboot the computer. It will auto load a vanilla driver from the Windows system files and give you basic internet access. Then you can try updating the driver from device manager after that.

Tried it, no improvement,

On 7/27/2016 at 11:12 PM, Damocles said:

I also tried to download the latest drivers, same result

18 hours ago, 269395_1454182228 said:

I also tried to download the latest drivers, same result

Downloading the newest driver is not the same as uninstalling the current driver, rebooting then updating the driver afterwards

On 7/30/2016 at 5:19 PM, Damocles said:

Downloading the newest driver is not the same as uninstalling the current driver, rebooting then updating the driver afterwards

i also tried that.

There's really nothing left to do, I think the board may have degraded over time. If it's out of warranty you can always get a network adapter card for maybe 50 bucks to go around the issue. If you want to you can buy a new board and go through the hassle of cloning and re-validating windows.

when i plud in to my modem i dont get internet but when i plug in to the wifi router i get internet? and my wifi is unstable even thou i am 20 ft away and pay for 100 down and 10 up help

15 minutes ago, techman1233 said:

when i plud in to my modem i dont get internet but when i plug in to the wifi router i get internet? and my wifi is unstable even thou i am 20 ft away and pay for 100 down and 10 up help

Did you reboot the modem after you plugged directly into the modem?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC: