The 21:9 (2560 x 1080) Experience. What current video card can max out all games on this resolution but not going overboard due to money restraints

idalejan_KM
Go to solution Solved by ace_cheaply,
1 minute ago, idalejan_KM said:

Yeah I think I'll go with the FE 1070. thanks for the reply.

Even though it's slightly more expensive?  I'm sure you'll be happy either way, I just don't understand the logic.

1 minute ago, Zyndo said:

If you overclock responsibly, you can't break your card. But don't worry about it, if you just use the out of box settings, your 1070 will still be plenty powerful.

There is only 3 reasons to get the FE.

1. If you can somehow get it cheaper than another aftermarket card, then it may not be a bad idea. However its price IS higher than that of the other cards out there. and if that is not the case where you live, then by all means, the FE may be the card for you.

2. Cooling. This card tends to run hotter than other 1070 models, but all of the air it uses to cool itself gets thrown out of the case, instead of back into the case where it heats up the rest of the components which can be advantageous in some builds.

3. Aesthetics. If you don't care about price or thermals, and you really like the look of this card, then by all means get it.

I would actually would like the strix OC 1070 for the looks, but its 85 - 90 USD more than the FE here. 

1060 or RX 480 will be fine, anything above is overkill unless you're supersampling

Evga GTX 1080 SC ACX | Ryzen 5600X | MSI Tomahawk B550 | 16GB Vengeance 3600MHz | EVGA 650P2 | HAF X | WD SN850X | Asus MG287Q 1440p 144Hz

25 minutes ago, idalejan_KM said:

I would actually would like the strix OC 1070 for the looks, but its 85 - 90 USD more than the FE here. 

how often do you gaze at your current gpu?

Evga GTX 1080 SC ACX | Ryzen 5600X | MSI Tomahawk B550 | 16GB Vengeance 3600MHz | EVGA 650P2 | HAF X | WD SN850X | Asus MG287Q 1440p 144Hz

10 minutes ago, treeroy said:

how often do you gaze at your current gpu?

gaze? what do you mean by gaze good sir?