Hot Rod PC

Nicnac

Hi everyone this is my first post on this forum and I'd like to quickly show off my latest case mod build.

Basically what I did was taking my old gaming computer and transferring it to an older case that I "adjusted" (cut some holes in...) to fit the parts and have good airflow.

Why? 1. I just wanted to do it 2. I really liked that old Siemens PC Case I had lying around (Its actually much more sturdy than my previous case)

So here's some photos:

s0yZHkd.jpg

First I cleaned out the old case and removed all unnecessary parts. I then made cutouts for a top and bottom 140mm fan.

dZvhoyi.jpg

Then I started putting in the components.

9M9h4z6.jpg

I also added a front and rear fan. I had to drill some extra holes to mount the drives and former card reader cage since I removed the front panel. I had to remove the HDD cages completely cause the graphics card wouldn't fit otherwise. The HDD now takes the card reader's place :P

Finally, I cut the side panel so that the CPU cooler can peek outside and added some writing. Sorry for the crappy pictures :/

D4700E2.jpg

8Wb6OEH.jpg

92bD2pN.jpg

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

Thanks a lot, Glad you like it! I thought of maybe adding some kind of a hood scoop but for now I really like the look :)

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

8 minutes ago, Nicnac said:

Thanks a lot, Glad you like it! I thought of maybe adding some kind of a hood scoop but for now I really like the look :)

where is the front panel? and btw the side panel looks like there is a supercharger sitcking out of it

2 minutes ago, Jer45 said:

where is the front panel? and btw the side panel looks like there is a supercharger sitcking out of it

The front panel looked like this but I threw it in the trash. Didn't like all the plastic.^^60856645_56d6bfb5e1.jpg

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

2 minutes ago, Nicnac said:

The front panel looked like this but I threw it in the trash. Didn't like all the plastic.^^60856645_56d6bfb5e1.jpg

yeah i kinda feel your pain, like with a HP M7000 case

if only you had a block of billet aluminum and somebody with a 5 axis cnc machine you could make your own! or make one out of sheet aluminum welded together, with enough zip ties it could work

and in your second drive bay is that a hot swap hard drive thing  

2 minutes ago, Jer45 said:

yeah i kinda feel your pain, like with a HP M7000 case

if only you had a block of billet aluminum and somebody with a 5 axis cnc machine you could make your own! or make one out of sheet aluminum welded together, with enough zip ties it could work

and in your second drive bay is that a hot swap hard drive thing  

Yeah I thought about using some scrap metal to cover the front somehow but left it barebones for now. I want to at least get nicer drive bay covers. And no it's just a modified card reader cage that holds the HDD … :/ 

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

Awesome! My favorite is the side panel cooler mod! xD

MY RIG

Intel core i5-6600k | Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte Z170-HD3 | G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2X8) | Samsungs 850 EV0 250GB | WD BLUE 1TB | Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1070 G1 | Corsair 200r | EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ Gold 

• 3 weeks later...