AMD announces Radeon Pro WX series GPUs-affordable graphics for content creation

Djole123

So as you know, AMD's vision today is to bring good performance to consumers. But don't worry, they have announces new Radeon Pro WX series GPUs which bring great performance for content creation at lower price, size and TDP.

So first off is the beefiest Polaris GPU you can get, the Radeon Pro WX 7100.

AMD-Radeon-Pro-WX-1.jpg

It features over five TFLOPS of compute performance in a single PCI-e packaging. This is one of the bonuses of workstation cards, since you can put multiple GPUs and not consume much power or heat. It's meant for VR content creation and it's price should be under 1000$.

Next up is the Radeon Pro WX 5100, a good card for video rendering and game developement.

AMD-Radeon-Pro-WX-3.jpg

As you can see it features over four TFLOPs of compute performance in a single slot, but shorter packaging.

And last but not least is the Radeon Pro WX 4100.

AMD-Radeon-Pro-WX-2.jpg

This is more of an SFF card where you need to put performance in tight cases. It's meant for CAD and other 3D rendering programs.

Note that they also released the Radeon Pro SSG, a complete mindblow, but it's already covered by zMeul so check out his post for more detail.

I have to say, good job AMD.

Source:

http://videocardz.com/62661/amd-announces-radeon-pro-wx-7100-gpu-designed-for-professional-vr-film-editing

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

Not gonna lie.

I like the blue. Mayhaps its time to upgrade from my W7000s in the workstation to something new :3

will have to wait and see on actual gains though, money is tight and I'm not dying for an upgrade.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

That is a very nice shade of blue alright... 

I really know little about these cards and the needs they pander to. Did they give any performance metrics? 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

so basically professional versions of the rx 480, 470, and 460

hello!

is it me you're looking for?

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Desktop: X99-PC

CPU: i7 5820k

Mobo: X99 Deluxe

Cooler: Dark Rock Pro 3

RAM: 32GB DDR4
GPU: GTX 1080

Storage: 1TB 850 Evo, 1TB HDD, bunch of external hard drives
PSU: EVGA G2 750w

Peripherals: Logitech G502, Ducky One 711

Audio: Xonar U7, O2 amplifier (RIP), HD6XX

Monitors: 4k 24" Dell monitor, 1080p 24" Asus monitor

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

Fully maxed out early 2017 Dell XPS 15, GTX 1050 4GB, 7700HQ, 1TB nvme SSD, 32GB RAM, 4k display. 97Whr battery :x 
Dell was having a $600 off sale for the fully specced out model, so I decided to get it :P

-Crapbook

Fully specced out early 2013 Macbook "pro" with gt 650m and constant 105c temperature on the CPU (GPU is 80-90C) when doing anything intensive...

A 2013 laptop with a regular sized battery still has better battery life than a 2017 laptop with a massive battery! I think this is a testament to apple's ability at making laptops, or maybe how little CPU technology has improved even 4+ years later (at least, until the recent introduction of 15W 4 core CPUs). Anyway, I'm never going to get a 35W CPU laptop again unless battery technology becomes ~5x better than as it is in 2018.

Apple knows how to make proper consumer-grade laptops (they don't know how to make pro laptops though). I guess this mostly software power efficiency related, but getting a mac makes perfect sense if you want a portable/powerful laptop that can do anything you want it to with great battery life.

1 minute ago, Nup said:

hello!

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

Fully maxed out early 2017 Dell XPS 15, GTX 1050 4GB, 7700HQ, 1TB nvme SSD, 32GB RAM, 4k display. 97Whr battery :x 
Dell was having a $600 off sale for the fully specced out model, so I decided to get it :P

-Crapbook

Fully specced out early 2013 Macbook "pro" with gt 650m and constant 105c temperature on the CPU (GPU is 80-90C) when doing anything intensive...

A 2013 laptop with a regular sized battery still has better battery life than a 2017 laptop with a massive battery! I think this is a testament to apple's ability at making laptops, or maybe how little CPU technology has improved even 4+ years later (at least, until the recent introduction of 15W 4 core CPUs). Anyway, I'm never going to get a 35W CPU laptop again unless battery technology becomes ~5x better than as it is in 2018.

Apple knows how to make proper consumer-grade laptops (they don't know how to make pro laptops though). I guess this mostly software power efficiency related, but getting a mac makes perfect sense if you want a portable/powerful laptop that can do anything you want it to with great battery life.

2 hours ago, ManIkWeet said:

What's up with the blue?

It looks good but isn't AMD usually... red?

its to resemble the "efficiency" of the new 14nm architecture

hello!

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

-Crapbook

Yo listen up here's a story
About a little guy that lives in a blue world
And all day and all night and everything he sees Is just blue
Like him inside and outside
Blue his GPU with a blue little fan
And a blue Cover
And everything is blue for him
And himself and everybody around
'Cause he ain't got nobody to listen
I'm Blue da ba dee da ba daa...

So those are the less expensive version of this

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Which the OP already mentioned in the OP. So if you really want to see zmeul go full Simple Jack feel free. :P 

1 hour ago, bigneo said:
Yo listen up here's a story
About a little guy that lives in a blue world
And all day and all night and everything he sees Is just blue
Like him inside and outside
Blue his GPU with a blue little fan
And a blue Cover
And everything is blue for him
And himself and everybody around
'Cause he ain't got nobody to listen
I'm Blue da ba dee da ba daa...

thCSaDS.gif

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

12 minutes ago, Sparviero said:

Which the OP already mentioned in the OP. So if you really want to see zmeul go full Simple Jack feel free. :P 

Well it was either to cover it and get my post locked or mention the thread that already covered it. So I went "Simple Jack" as you said because it was a better choice.

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Spoiler

I've never seen a reference design from AMD that is blue. It looks pretty awesome not going to lie.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

1 slot low profile pcie? That's a dream come true for itx enthusiasts hopefully it performs! (FYI outside of a very expensive quadro the best you can get on that form factor today it's still like a 750)

-------

Current Rig

-------

16 minutes ago, Djole123 said:

Well it was either to cover it and get my post locked or mention the thread that already covered it. So I went "Simple Jack" as you said because it was a better choice.

No, I said zmeul was going simple Jack in the other thread. This thread is a good alternative to his histrionics. 

5 minutes ago, Sparviero said:

No, I said zmeul was going simple Jack in the other thread. This thread is a good alternative to his histrionics. 

Oooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh I get it

My rig:

Spoiler

Spoiler

11 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

1 slot low profile pcie? That's a dream come true for itx enthusiasts hopefully it performs! (FYI outside of a very expensive quadro the best you can get on that form factor today it's still like a 750)

It's a Polaris 460 chip :D So yeah could make a gaming card like that if they wanted. But with nice ITX cases today, most can fit a normal card though.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

M.2 expandable memory is a brilliant idea if it's true and it all works out. Kudos.

(Now lets work on that price tag)

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

12 minutes ago, Notional said:

It's a Polaris 460 chip :D So yeah could make a gaming card like that if they wanted. But with nice ITX cases today, most can fit a normal card though.

Those are not what I call itx enthusiast cases though, I'm thinking cases like this:

m350-itx-enclosure.jpg

-------

Current Rig

-------

6 hours ago, rattacko123 said:
-blue snip!-

Oh awesome! I'd heard about this shade of blue no idea that it was actually this one they used. Very cool stuff. Thanks for sharing :)

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

1 minute ago, Misanthrope said:

Those are not what I call itx enthusiast cases though, I'm thinking cases like this:

m350-itx-enclosure.jpg

Ah yeah, but the performance in such a volume is so limited it's pointless. At that point a standard gaming oriented APU would be far superior for the job. With an external PSU, you could have a ZEN based APU system in such a box, that would hopefully be superior to the consoles, if they settle for 4 ZEN cores and a lot of Polaris CU's.

1 minute ago, Notional said:

Ah yeah, but the performance in such a volume is so limited it's pointless. At that point a standard gaming oriented APU would be far superior for the job. With an external PSU, you could have a ZEN based APU system in such a box, that would hopefully be superior to the consoles, if they settle for 4 ZEN cores and a lot of Polaris CU's.

It's pointless right now but I think an i5 chip and this WX4100 would be a stronger performer than Zen and available a lot sooner than mid 2017 for Zen to be reasonably available and priced in stores though.

Plus there's actually other use cases like this one:

30049691_8641.jpg

These are available on nearly every single office around the world. My office at work is even selling these types of desktop at just 60 bucks which gives you an ivy bridge i5. Pair it with this WX4100 and you've got the ultimate hand me down cheap system.

I get it is not very practical or has many uses but it's still nice to have Access to half height gpus cards imo.

-------

Current Rig

-------

9 hours ago, Nup said:

I really know little about these cards and the needs they pander to. Did they give any performance metrics? 

No but the WX 7100 should have slightly worse hardware compared to an RX 480. (32 CUs vs 36 CUs)

the Wx 5100 should perform slightly worse than an RX 470 (28 CUs vs 32 CUs)

and the WX 4100 should perform around an RX 460 (16 CUs vs 16 CUs).

Of course the drivers will be different and cooling solution is different as well as TDP and VRAM.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

UHHHHH I would love to get my hands on one of those cards, maybe I will build another PC just for 3D work then.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.