Vulkan API device support

OSBK

If you are a developer, do not start with Vulkan yet, just have it in mind. I am using OpenGL 4 for my crappy c++ game programming. Vulkan is ready, but GPU drivers are not fully released yet. AMD drivers are not released (?) (you might be able to find an alpha version). Nvidia have the Vulkan driver for their 700 series and newer. Expect Vulkan support for devices even older than the 400 series in future.

4 hours ago, spidsepttk said:

If you are a developer, do not start with Vulkan yet, just have it in mind. I am using OpenGL 4 for my crappy c++ game programming. Vulkan is ready, but GPU drivers are not fully released yet. AMD drivers are not released (?) (you might be able to find an alpha version). Nvidia have the Vulkan driver for their 700 series and newer. Expect Vulkan support for devices even older than the 400 series in future.

i'm not into vulkan yet ( i have to master opengl first ), but what i wanna know is how do they know if a device is compatible with vulkan api or not ?

and according to Wiki both adreno 500 and 400 series support vulkan, in the same time on qualcomm's website they're saying that only the adreno 530 support vulkan.

and the results on the galaxy S7 which have the adreno 530 are really amazing, i mean for a mobile device vulkan is really a miracle ( battery/performance/stability/quality/... ).

i wanna bring vulkan to my G901F ( it's S5 4G+ ) it uses the adreno 420 using Wikipedia my gpu support vulkan but according to qualcomm it's doesn't and i can't really get that.

thanks for the reply

3 hours ago, Remon Salazar said:

i'm not into vulkan yet ( i have to master opengl first ), but what i wanna know is how do they know if a device is compatible with vulkan api or not ?

and according to Wiki both adreno 500 and 400 series support vulkan, in the same time on qualcomm's website they're saying that only the adreno 530 support vulkan.

and the results on the galaxy S7 which have the adreno 530 are really amazing, i mean for a mobile device vulkan is really a miracle ( battery/performance/stability/quality/... ).

i wanna bring vulkan to my G901F ( it's S5 4G+ ) it uses the adreno 420 using Wikipedia my gpu support vulkan but according to qualcomm it's doesn't and i can't really get that.

thanks for the reply

More devices should be getting support soon.

16 hours ago, spidsepttk said:

More devices should be getting support soon.

yeah newer devices, not old ones. can you tell me if the Adreno 420 support vulkan ?

6 minutes ago, Remon Salazar said:

yeah newer devices, not old ones. can you tell me if the Adreno 420 support vulkan ?

I can't be 100% sure, but there is a very high chance of it being supported. The api is very new, and they are currently working on getting as much devices working with it as possible.

The only way of finding out if it is supported now is by building a Vulkan demo, than running it on the device.

11 hours ago, spidsepttk said:

I can't be 100% sure, but there is a very high chance of it being supported. The api is very new, and they are currently working on getting as much devices working with it as possible.

The only way of finding out if it is supported now is by building a Vulkan demo, than running it on the device.

thanks a lot man, i really appreciate the help. i guess i'll just wait a bit more and see what qualcomm is gonna do about that new api. thanks again

Just now, Remon Salazar said:

thanks a lot man, i really appreciate the help. i guess i'll just wait a bit more and see what qualcomm is gonna do about that new api. thanks again

Here are the Vulkan demos:

https://github.com/SaschaWillems/Vulkan

Just now, Remon Salazar said:

i shall give it a try. thanks for helping me man, i appreciate it

No problem.