Whats the best 2.5'' SSD?

Totohenk

SATA?  Or SATA-Express? 

That 4TB Samsung drive is looking pretty sweet.  But in your price range?  Perhaps not. 

Depends, cost, capacity, speed what do you mean by best? Do you want to get one? How much money do you have for it? What would you want to use it for?

My Build: Night Fury | i5-6600k @ 4.5Ghz | R9 390 | 850 EVO 250GB | 1TB Seagate | H230 Black

Night Theme User

Hello Fellow Night Theme User | Why Aren't You Using Night Theme?

I have a total budget for my setup of $15000 so I can spend max. $1000 on my SSD's (2 in RAID 1). The Setup has a separate NAS and desktop so I want to go with an only SSD build. I want to use the desktop for gaming, browsing, watching YouTube. Capacity doesn't really matter if the best SSD is low capacity I will just buy more of them (1TB capacity is more than enough for me). 

2 hours ago, Totohenk said:

~snip~

Hi there Totohenk :)

That's quite the budget. Could you elaborate a bit more on the plans for the whole build? Is it a two-in-one build with two separate systems on the same case or a single build with different virtual systems for the different purposes? 

Have in mind that though SSDs are good with no moving parts, perform better in many way compared to HDDs are are great to have applications and the OS on, they are not always the best option for a build. Many types of usage aren't really affected by the SSDs' performance and you would hardly find differences between running these types of applications off a SSD or off a HDD. Games are a good example as gaming doesn't rely on the storage's performance for anything but the initial loading times. Things such as FPS and graphics are not affected. 

NAS devices often do heavy writing on their drives, depending on the specific type of usage thus SSDs are not the best choice for this type of usage too. Though they provide extremely low access times and quick seek times SSDs can wear out pretty quickly if used extensively in NAS devices, especially in RAID arrays. 

Post back with some more info. :)

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/ 

The Setup is:

3x 4K LG 34 inch displays

1x Corsair Strafe keyboard

1x Logitech MX Master

1x Tripp Lite UPS

1x Desktop

1x Synology 4 bay NAS with 2 WD RED 1TB HDD's (RAID 1)

1x Sit-Stand Desk

1x Chair

build.jpg

But the question was which SSD's should I get for my Desktop.