Folding at home

Hello and sorry that i start another topic but i am a bit confused about the core clock of my gtx 1070 while running folding at home. The card sometimes decids to run the same F@H project at 1867 mhz or 1670 mhz while in eco mode. 1867 seems to be the boost clockspeed and 1670 the regular clock speed.

Here you can see a 1670 core clock and the setting in the bottom "PrefCap Reason" says "Util" which means limited by GPU utilization. I mean why doesnt the card go up in clockspeed when the card is at 97%  GPU load.

d5795d-1469436539.gif

It really annoys me because i dont get it.

EDIT: ok i restarted my pc and now the same project continues at 2050 mhz. "PrefCap Reason" now says "Vrel" which means limited by reliability voltage.

Guess it was just a bug in the F@H project and depends on the code how my graphics card boost. My PC finished this project and the next project with a gpu clock of 2037 mhz

277439-1469449420.gif

So guess its F@Hs fault not my graphics card?

Did you know: GPU boost sucks. Also, Nvidia does not care for you running GPGPU tasks on consumer hardware. Taking the Gtx 970 as an example, the vRAM runs at 6ghz rather than the supposed 7 when the card is under such tasks.

I wouldn't be surprised if the culprit was just the drivers being designed to be douchy. I really wouldn't.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!