Will this motherboard support this HDD

IHatePC

Yes, rarely will a SATA hard drive be incompatible with a motherboard.

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

Just now, evilarceus said:

Yes, rarely will a SATA hard drive be incompatible with a motherboard.

Thank you. Because in the website it says that it is 7pins connector and when i look at mine it has 1 2 3 4 5.

16 hours ago, IHatePC said:

~snip~

Hey there :)

As @evilarceus explained, pretty much all SATA drives should work fine on SATA ports on motherboards, especially if they are new. There may be some compatibility issues if a motherboard doesn't support UEFI/GPT and the drive is larger than 2TB or if the drive is using Advanced Format and the OS is older but n your case you shouldn't encounter such problems. :)

All SATAI, SATAII and SATAIII drives should be backward and forward compatible with all SATAI, SATAII and SATAIII ports.

Post back if you have any questions! 

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/