Why the hate about Trump?

RuLeZ
Just now, 69ing Rainbow Dash said:

It goes up about a 50c then a dollar a year or something like that.

I mean the business... my parents own. as in 100,000 more..... in PAYROLL.

I still don't see why it should be any different: It means that you have quite a lot of employees and it's a medium sized business that should be making enough.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Just now, 69ing Rainbow Dash said:

It goes up about a 50c then a dollar a year or something like that.

I mean the business... my parents own. as in 100,000 more..... in PAYROLL.

You need to take a step back and clearly think through your posts. You're getting heated. You keep calling me "you liberals" like that's an insult. Yes, I'm left leaning. That's not an insult. I'm not calling you a "conservative" as if that was an insult.

You're also ignoring/skipping most of my points. Again, you got a link for that?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Trump is not a politician.

He is a businessman.

Big difference.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I'm voting Trump because I fucking hate democrats. I live in NYC and the democrats and their policies have ruined this city, state and nation. Hillary did nothing for new york!

P.S. Fuck Deblaiso, Cuomo and especially Obama.

2 minutes ago, 42kq said:

I'm voting Trump because I fucking hate democrats. I live in NYC and the democrats and their policies have ruined this city, state and nation. Hillary did nothing for new york!

P.S. Fuck Deblaiso, Cuomo and especially Obama.

I agree. Fuck them all for ruining our nation! I feel nothing but hate for this group of people who has no right to shape policies the way the want.

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

$15/h Min wage CAN be a good thing. But you can't just bump up that wage by a large margin without experiencing fallback. You need to ease into it.

It also depends on the local economy, and cost of living, etc. I don't know California well enough to say what exactly their minimum wage should be. But it should be enough that someone working full time at minimum wage can survive.

Here in Ontario, the minimum wage is currently $11.25/h. This October, that's being raised to $11.40/h. By easing the wage up slowly but consistently over time, you're able to at least somewhat keep pace with cost of living increases, without shocking the small business sector.

Good point. The issue we have in the US is 1% hold too much wealth. A CEO makes $300 an hour and a majority of people cant live on the little they leave us. Im not going to say that Mc Donalds workers deserve $15 an hour, but you do deserve a livable wage. Then you got these people like, why dont they go to school? Well its because you end up like me $30,000 in debt to the government. This issue needs to be solved. It can be solve in a civil manner. OR, the 99% can pull out its guns and take the money. I have a feeling the next United States Civil war will be about wealth equality. 

Because why does the 99% have to live on nothing and pay taxes. When the wealthy fuckers weasel out of taxes and make all the money. They need to close all these tax loop holes and everyone needs to pay their share. Especially large corporations. 

I say this because I used to work for Sams Club. When Sam Walton was alive he paid people a fair wage. Then he dies and his ass hole kids take over. They lower wages and lower hours. I was actually told by a manager that if I went over 40 hours, even by accident I would be fired and he would also be punished. Keep in mind, I was not allowed to leave when my area was done at night. I was expected to stay until all areas were done. On Sundays Id work 10 am to 8:30pm most weeks. Then have to take hour long lunches or come in late to stay with in 40 hours. So no, I dont have any sympathy for these wealthy fucker. Especially the Walton Family. Who make billions upon billions of dollars a year. How much fucking wealth does one person need? On top of that, what little staff we had, had to do the work of like 3 people each. It was a fucking mess. Thats why Im glad I quit when they wouldn't work with my school schedule. So if the 1% want my sympathy they can look in the dictionary between Shit and Syphilis. And yes I just quoted the movie Major Payne.  

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

35 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

You need to take a step back and clearly think through your posts. You're getting heated. You keep calling me "you liberals" like that's an insult. Yes, I'm left leaning. That's not an insult. I'm not calling you a "conservative" as if that was an insult.

You're also ignoring/skipping most of my points. Again, you got a link for that?

https://ballotpedia.org/California_"Fair_Wage_Act_of_2016"_$15_Minimum_Wage_Initiative_(2016

36 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

I still don't see why it should be any different: It means that you have quite a lot of employees and it's a medium sized business that should be making enough.

so around 17 employees is medium??

ok since it is to hard for you to understand. just look at this since Seattle already did this. it JUST started so not a lot of data.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2016/02/19/seattles-15-minimum-wage-jobs-down-unemployment-up-this-isnt-working-is-it/#6eb188637123

also do NOT forget, prices of EVERYTHING ELSE including apartments etc is going to go up so it will just balance out.

CPU: i9 19300k////GPU: RTX 4090////RAM: 64gb DDR5 5600mhz ////MOBO: Aorus z790 Elite////MONITORS: 3 LG 38" 3840x1600 WIDESCREEN MONITORS

2 minutes ago, 69ing Rainbow Dash said:

https://ballotpedia.org/California_"Fair_Wage_Act_of_2016"_$15_Minimum_Wage_Initiative_(2016

ok since it is to hard for you to understand. just look at this since Seattle already did this. it JUST started so not a lot of data.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2016/02/19/seattles-15-minimum-wage-jobs-down-unemployment-up-this-isnt-working-is-it/#6eb188637123

also do NOT forget, prices of EVERYTHING ELSE including apartments etc is going to go up so it will just balance out.

Untitled.png

What? That's a dead link or something.

Also, Seattle and the state of California are two entirely different regions, with their own distinct local economies.

The Forbes opinion piece editorial (eg: not a news article) does look interesting. I'll have to give it a read.

But the point is, if prices rise and we're back at square one, then the entire system is broken. Someone working full time, minimum wage, should be able to make a living. Maybe not a great living, but they should be able to cover basic expenses. Many cannot. Especially in the bigger cities where housing and sometimes food is more expensive.

For example, working minimum wage in Toronto, Ontario, or Vancouver, B.C.? Yikes. You better be rooming with 6 other people, or be living at home still.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Not so much a wage hike will fix things, its the cost of living that makes it hard to live. We need a cost of living decrease.

Cost of living exceeds the wage of individuals.

Cost of living > Individual's wages; this is worse now than 70 years ago.

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

3 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Untitled.png

What? That's a dead link or something.

Also, Seattle and the state of California are two entirely different regions, with their own distinct local economies.

The Forbes opinion piece editorial (eg: not a news article) does look interesting. I'll have to give it a read.

But the point is, if prices rise and we're back at square one, then the entire system is broken. Someone working full time, minimum wage, should be able to make a living. Maybe not a great living, but they should be able to cover basic expenses. Many cannot. Especially in the bigger cities where housing and sometimes food is more expensive.

For example, working minimum wage in Toronto, Ontario, or Vancouver, B.C.? Yikes. You better be rooming with 6 other people, or be living at home still.

ok I'm done. you don't see what I am talking about, you don't see that 15 an hour means that EVERYTHING ELSE WILL GO UP AS WELL.

And one more thing before I go, think for a second, you think some 16 year old kid DESERVES 15 an hour? LOL

YEs cali is different, the taxes are astronomical so it will be even WORSE.

CPU: i9 19300k////GPU: RTX 4090////RAM: 64gb DDR5 5600mhz ////MOBO: Aorus z790 Elite////MONITORS: 3 LG 38" 3840x1600 WIDESCREEN MONITORS

ok I'm done. you don't see what I am talking about, you don't see that 15 an hour means that EVERYTHING ELSE WILL GO UP AS WELL.

And one more thing before I go, think for a second, you think some 16 year old kid DESERVES 15 an hour? LOL

A 16 year old kid that's working 10-15 hours a week? Sure, why not. But if the system is designed properly, then a 16 year old would likely be making less, so it wouldn't even be an issue.

I don't know how it works in your state, but here in Ontario, Minors (That's someone under the age of 18) have a lower minimum wage.

I don't see what you're talking about half the time because your posts appear very agitated and filled with emotion. You're not making clear and concise points. You keep "screaming" (Because let's be honest, that's what Caps Lock means on the internet) in just about every post you've made.

Get a clear mind, let go of your obvious anger, and we'll come back to this :)

Just now, dalekphalm said:

A 16 year old kid that's working 10-15 hours a week? Sure, why not. But if the system is designed properly, then a 16 year old would likely be making less, so it wouldn't even be an issue.

I don't know how it works in your state, but here in Ontario, Minors (That's someone under the age of 18) have a lower minimum wage.

I don't see what you're talking about half the time because your posts appear very agitated and filled with emotion. You're not making clear and concise points. You keep "screaming" (Because let's be honest, that's what Caps Lock means on the internet) in just about every post you've made.

Get a clear mind, let go of your obvious anger, and we'll come back to this :)

ok, I will bookmark this page, and if you are still on here in 2023 or so i'll tell you what  shit storm it is.

He's always been a jack ass and says some very crazy nonsense. Look up some of his videos on youtube.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

16 minutes ago, 69ing Rainbow Dash said:

17 employees at 8 bucks an hour comes to around 16K or so per month so that's 200k per year already. Raising that to 15 per hour raises it to 367k per year. That's a hefty increase but how much is this business pulling per year, at least 1 million? Otherwise you couldn't possibly afford 17 employees as it is today.

Given the fact that you'd have a lot less turnaround and overall issues with employees I say it's not that much of a terrible imposition as you make it out to be. Your parents might have to adjust pricing on their sales only a little bit and eat up a bit more of their margins or get a better accountant to pull off some additional deductions. Probably all 3. But it's not a "sky is falling for businesses!" type of deal.

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 minute ago, Misanthrope said:

17 employees at 8 bucks an hour comes to around 16K or so per month so that's 200k per year already. Raising that to 15 per hour raises it to 367k per year. That's a hefty increase but how much is this business pulling per year, at least 1 million? Otherwise you couldn't possibly afford 17 employees as it is today.

Given the fact that you'd have a lot less turnaround and overall issues with employees I say it's not that much of a terrible imposition as you make it out to be. Your parents might have to adjust pricing on their sales only a little bit and eat up a bit more of their margins or get a better accountant to pull off some additional deductions. Probably all 3. But it's not a "sky is falling for businesses!" type of deal.

There is more to it than that.

Wages + taxes (the employer matches what the employee pays) + workers compensation + employee insurance (not employees health insurance but what the employer covers) plus a few other things.

Just having to have say 5 employees and you replace all 5 every month the employer pays out for each new hire it takes on. The cost of employing someone is more than you think. It is cheaper to have 5 employees work all 12 months then to replace them every month but in real life employee turn over is high.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Just now, SansVarnic said:

There is more to it than that.

Wages + taxes (the employer matches what the employee pays) + workers compensation + employee insurance (not employees health insurance but what the employer covers) plus a few other things.

Just having to have say 5 employees and you replace all 5 every month the employer pays out for each new hire it takes on. The cost of employing someone is more than you think. It is cheaper to have 5 employees work all 12 months then to replace them every month but in real life employee turn over is high.

And with a higher base salary the turnover would be a lot less.

Also sorry to say this but if the base for the success of your business is cheating your employees out of benefits to increase your profit margins, in my not-so-humble opinion you don't deserve to be in business and I would not find an iota of sympathy for me if you go down by being compelled to offer a fucking livable wages to the people that make you a successful business.

-------

Current Rig

-------

14 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

8 bucks? it's 10 here. and like the guy said workmans comp shit loads of taxes etc. so yeah.... no. Sorry but you don't know how much it costs to run a company lol. You guys COMPLETELY underestimate the costs. small businesses don't shit gold bricks like microshit does. my parents don't make 100 an hour like you think they make since they own it.

yes they do make about a million a year but don't forgot what I said. they can easily take their business to china or mexico then boom gg for us. they wanted to move out but then they would probably lose tons of business in California so they are sol.

5 minutes ago, 69ing Rainbow Dash said:

8 bucks? it's 10 here.

So the difference is even less than what I calculated then? Good.

and like the guy said workmans comp shit loads of taxes etc. so yeah.... no. Sorry but you don't know how much it costs to run a company lol. You guys COMPLETELY underestimate the costs. small businesses don't shit gold bricks like microshit does. my parents don't make 100 an hour like you think they make since they own it.

yes they do make about a million a year but don't forgot what I said. they can easily take their business to china or mexico then boom gg for us.

To quote myself: "sorry to say this but if the base for the success of your business is cheating your employees out of benefits to increase your profit margins, in my not-so-humble opinion you don't deserve to be in business and I would not find an iota of sympathy in me if you go down by being compelled to offer a fucking livable wages to the people that make you a successful business. "

Some business models might not be viable but if this is just because of the higher salaries and benefits then your business model before the increase was basically exploitation of laborers. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

8 bucks? it's 10 here. and like the guy said workmans comp shit loads of taxes etc. so yeah.... no. Sorry but you don't know how much it costs to run a company lol. You guys COMPLETELY underestimate the costs. small businesses don't shit gold bricks like microshit does. my parents don't make 100 an hour like you think they make since they own it.

Let's assume that they work ~40 hours a week (each). $100/h is $200,000/year. So between the 2 of them? Yes, I could believe they make $100/h (or $50/h each), given they own a small/medium business that employs 17 people.

$200k/year for owners of a 17 employee business is not unreasonable at all.

he's just the best option out of the 3. Shillary lying b!tch and a 71 y/o who's too tired of capitalism and just want free sh!t aka socialism thrown at him.

ill be voting trump

Main system:

i7 6700k @4.8ghz 1.45v

ROG Maximus Hero VIII

Gigabyte G1 980ti Sli @1500 ghz

Samsung 950 pro 512gb

16gb G.Skill Ripjawz V @3400mhz 

Corsair H115i 280mm AIO

Corsair 400c Case

Corsair RM1000i

Backup/Older/Toys:

Intel i3 6100 @4.6ghz 1.52v

Asrock B150M Pro4/Hyper

Intel 750 series 400gb

Radeon Rx 470 XFX

Thermaltake Water 3.0 360mm AIO 

inWin 303 case

AMD Phenom II x4 940 @3.9ghz 1.65v

Gigabyte 780g mobo

Corsair H100 240mm AIO

Corsair Dominiator 8gb DDR2 @1066

Evga GTX 750ti FTW @1450mhz

Thermaltake Matrix case (modded)

"The best way to look stylish on a budget is to try second-hand, bargain hunting, and vintage" 

Just now, kidlat020 said:

he's just the best option out of the 3. Shillary lying b!tch and a 71 y/o who's too tired of capitalism and just want free sh!t aka socialism thrown at him.

Anyone who has done even small amounts of research on Socialism (Which, by the way, is a very broad category), knows that socialism isn't about "free shit". It's about everyone doing their part, and contributing as they are able to, but allowing all citizens to have access to basics that should be fundamental rights:

Health Care

Education

Social Services - that would be things like Mental Health, veteran's affairs offices, support programs, and a million other important things

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

Anyone who has done even small amounts of research on Socialism (Which, by the way, is a very broad category), knows that socialism isn't about "free shit". It's about everyone doing their part, and contributing as they are able to, but allowing all citizens to have access to basics that should be fundamental rights:

Health Care

Education

Social Services - that would be things like Mental Health, veteran's affairs offices, support programs, and a million other important things

Everything I learned about socialism, I learned in Venezuela. Also this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc6PK7aqTO0

2 minutes ago, kidlat020 said:

Everything I learned about socialism, I learned in Venezuela. Also this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc6PK7aqTO0

Perhaps you should travel to Europe and visit some of the Nordic countries: Also socialist, probably a much higher standard of living than the US for most citizens.

-------

Current Rig

-------