Reccomended competitive fps mouse?

Cantaloupeman

Hey guys! I play competitive fps and am looking for a mouse that is comfortable in my hand and grip style as well as has a good sensor and isnt too heavy. I dont need too many buttons. I just need two or three that are on the left side only. The buttons also need to be easy to press. I also would prefer a more tactile scroll wheel. My hand size is roughly 18cm by 10cm and i palm grip. I have been considering either the logitech g303, roccat kone pure military, and rapoo v300. What would you guys reccomend. Is it one of those three or do you have anything else that might be worth a try? Id really appreciate the feedback thanks!

i'm eyeing the G502 myself, but i love my G500 too much to get rid of it over a fuzzy cable :P

http://www.rocketjumpninja.com/tag/MPALM/ Here are a bunch that fit your hand size and grip style - with links to in-depth reviews. I recommend:

Zowie ZA12/ZA13

Dream Machines DM1 Pro

Cougar 300M

Corsair Sabre RGB

SteelSeries Rival 300

Mionix Castor

Zowie EC2-A

Logitech G402

Logitech G303

G402 > G502.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

What's your budget? The Steelseries Rival 300 covers all requirements. It has perfectly balanced weight at 104g, tactile scroll wheel and the side buttons are easy to click with almost no travel. I have 19.5cm hands and the Rival fits my hand like a glove, though I'd suggest trying it out if possible.

Stay away from the G502, it's way too heavy for competitive players, that's why nobody in the scene uses it.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

Razer DA all day long for FPS.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

14 minutes ago, Pandalf said:

What's your budget? The Steelseries Rival 300 covers all requirements. It has perfectly balanced weight at 104g, tactile scroll wheel and the side buttons are easy to click with almost no travel. I have 19.5cm hands and the Rival fits my hand like a glove, though I'd suggest trying it out if possible.

Stay away from the G502, it's way too heavy for competitive players, that's why nobody in the scene uses it.

Yeah so many people reccomend deathadders and g502s just because people dont understand that it isnt a one size fits all kind of thing. G502s are too heavy and deathadders too large for small hands. The rival 300 might work ill check it out thanks!

20 minutes ago, MadOrc said:

http://www.rocketjumpninja.com/tag/MPALM/ Here are a bunch that fit your hand size and grip style - with links to in-depth reviews. I recommend:

Zowie ZA12/ZA13

Dream Machines DM1 Pro

Cougar 300M

Corsair Sabre RGB

SteelSeries Rival 300

Mionix Castor

Zowie EC2-A

Logitech G402

Logitech G303

I have watched all his mouse reviews. I have been interested in the rapoo v300 because he says it is very comfortable and my hands are roughly the same as his, also have been interested in roccat kone pure. Would you reccomend either of those?

2 hours ago, Pandalf said:

The rival 300 was one i was considering but i think the price is a bit high. The rapoo v300 and logitech g303 are around 35$ which is a lot better. Could you reccomend those? What is you experience with those mice? I also have been looking at a roccat kone military. What about that?

18 minutes ago, Cantaloupeman said:

The rival 300 was one i was considering but i think the price is a bit high. The rapoo v300 and logitech g303 are around 35$ which is a lot better. Could you reccomend those? What is you experience with those mice? I also have been looking at a roccat kone military. What about that?

You might have problems with palm gripping the G303 comfortably, because of the odd shape. If the store you are buying from has an older batch, it might have sensor/lens rattle. The G303 I tried didn't rattle so I don't know if that really affects tracking. If you are set on the G303, I urge you to try it out first, because only a good sensor doesn't make a good mouse. It's a fantastic deal for $35 if it's comfortable for you.

I haven't used the KPM and the V300, but according to proper user reviews, the KPM has one of the best PWM3310 implementations on the market, but it also rattles. Its scroll wheel is smooth and quiet, so it's not as tactile as the one in the Rival. The V300 is a cheapo mouse with an old A3090 sensor, I have no idea how it performs or how well built it is.

7 minutes ago, Pandalf said:

You might have problems with palm gripping the G303 comfortably, because of the odd shape. If the store you are buying from has an older batch, it might have sensor/lens rattle. The G303 I tried didn't rattle so I don't know if that really affects tracking. If you are set on the G303, I urge you to try it out first, because only a good sensor doesn't make a good mouse. It's a fantastic deal for $35 if it's comfortable for you.

I haven't used the KPM and the V300, but according to proper user reviews, the KPM has one of the best PWM3310 implementations on the market, but it also rattles. Its scroll wheel is smooth and quiet, so it's not as tactile as the one in the Rival. The V300 is a cheapo mouse with an old A3090 sensor, I have no idea how it performs or how well built it is.

If i changed my grip to claw or fingertip would i have an easier time with the logitech? Also i do have the option to try it out.

Just now, Cantaloupeman said:

If i changed my grip to claw or fingertip would i have an easier time with the logitech?

It's usually meant for those, but adjusting your grip just because you want a G303 is not justified. I'd trade possible hand cramps for a non-flawless sensor any day and suggest the Rival 100. Its shape is very safe and tracks perfectly on 500 CPI, which should be enough if you are a competitive FPS player.

Just now, Pandalf said:

It's usually meant for those, but adjusting your grip just because you want a G303 is not justified. I'd trade possible hand cramps for a non-flawless sensor any day and suggest the Rival 100. Its shape is very safe and tracks perfectly on 500 CPI, which should be enough if you are a competitive FPS player.

To be honest i have had shit luck with steeleries products and their support. Have you had experience with the zowie ec2-a?

5 hours ago, Cantaloupeman said:

I have watched all his mouse reviews. I have been interested in the rapoo v300 because he says it is very comfortable and my hands are roughly the same as his, also have been interested in roccat kone pure. Would you reccomend either of those?

They're both Ok midrange mice, I don't think you'll be disppointed. But, if your budget is up to it, I would recommend getting a Mionix Castor, Zowie EC2-A, or Logitech G402. I personally own the Castor and EC2-A, and with my 16cm hands, prefer the Castor. But, both are very very good gaming mice.

2 hours ago, acheahead said:

Before you consider the R300 any further please take this into consideration.
The pictures I've attached are of my own R300. The gunk will start to show up very quickly while the indentation might take some time depending on how many hours you use your mouse. I use it a lot ;)
If you click on my profile, and check out my recent comments most of them are about/on the subject of mice and what things to consider. It does seem like you've considered most of the things I've mentioned.

Other than that, I really have to tip my hat to Pandalf - He really does talk about a lot of the key factors at play, and what/where the trade off/ins lie.
I recently suggested another user should go buy the R100, due to mostly budget reasons and also due to "history". He hadn't had any experience using neither the 3310 nor the 3360 sensor, and since the budget didn't allow for one the R100 isn't a bad entry-level optical sensor based mouse.
As I said to him, what I mostly dislike about it is the CPI increments which isn't that bad to "fix" since most games lets you set the sensitivity down to .001 (or more sometimes).

What I really like about what Pandalf said is the things regarding the sensor, and how the G303 probably wouldn't fit your grip style and hand size. I'm also sure it wouldn't.
About those hand cramps; I've got them. I constantly grab it palm-style when I don't play games. I even catch myself palming the stupid thing mid-game.
It's a great fingertip mouse, and I have NO TROUBLE using it like that. I somehow just can't adjust myself to it fully :) (Read: I'm stupid haha).

Oh well, in case you won't read up some of my old post, here's some more food for thought:
Since you're already considering the Zowie, also consider that most (if not all) at least to my knowledge come without software. You'll need to click/hold down buttons to select and switch hertz and DPI. I haven't tried any Zowie mouse, although I'd like too. I'm just not up for buying one, since the price and features doesn't compel me enough.
And on that note, it's still "only" a 3310 sensor which I by no way dislike, but when you're already looking at such an investment, I'd consider a 3360 instead.
Things to consider now are: 3360 is still "pretty new", so the amount of mice availble (read: shapes) aren't that great. The 3310 gives a plethora of options available to you.
I'm eyeing out the FinalMouse ScreamOne, and while it has a similar drawback like the Zowie (Driver less) I like the mouse buttons a lot more on the Final, than on the Zowie (so it would seem).

So yeah.. Figure out your budget, and what sensor you're ultimately interested in. If all else fails, you're most likely able to return it, and try out a new mouse :)

20160724_213704.jpg

20160724_213809.jpg

Jeez man I really appreciate this feedback. I can tell you spent a lot of time on that reply. Kutos to you. I think we may be talking about a different mouse though. I was talking about the rapoo v300. However the feedback on the zowie is much appreciated. I didn't know they came without software. Also I'm glad to hear that someone else can back pandalf up on the g303. It helps to hear the same from two different people. I'm pretty sure I have ruled that one out unless I can figure adjust to the fingertip. However I think palm is going to be much more comfy. 

1 hour ago, MadOrc said:

They're both Ok midrange mice, I don't think you'll be disppointed. But, if your budget is up to it, I would recommend getting a Mionix Castor, Zowie EC2-A, or Logitech G402. I personally own the Castor and EC2-A, and with my 16cm hands, prefer the Castor. But, both are very very good gaming mice.

As madorc said here he recommends the mionix castor. Do you know anything about this one. It is supposed to fit my hand size and grip but the shape seems a bit unsafe. I have seen this mouse in reviews and have thought about it because it looks pretty awesome but wasn't sure it would work for me.

P.S I'm glad you came along because I've had a few threads and had to start new ones to get a in depth reply. Most people don't consider the biggest main points of buying a new mouse and just go with Logitech g502 or death adder because they are mainstream and not necessarily good for them. I got plenty of recommendations for those and i just cringe at all of them

55 minutes ago, acheahead said:

That was why I mentioned the R300 ^.^

----
I hate researching for new things as well, whether its a mouse, keyboard, headsets.. you name it o.O
I went in blind, bought a new mouse and cursed the heck out of it. I researched some more, and cursed at my new mouse a few months later xD
Oh well, at least I'm gaining some experience.. and my friends and family members often get a cheap or free hand-me-down hahah
------

On to the Mionix mouse:
I am curious about it, and certainly wouldn't mind trying it out.. However, since I've never heard about Mionix before I'm very hesitant to try it out at that price tag, even though it's essentially the same as any other mice around - More on this now.
I like big brands, due to their large fan base. People will buy their stuff even if they don't need it = Loads of feedback, reviews etc.
That said I don't lean towards any particular brand, to much. Since I'm no audiophile, I like my logitech speakers, and their lineup.
- They rock, for any average Joe, but I'm sure any audiophile will cringe at the very concept of using those for listening to music.

In that context, I was actually pretty excited about the Flick mouse from Fnatic and was thinking about buying one of their keyboards as well.
Why was I interested? Because of Fnatic. Because of the "developed by/for professional eSports players" yada.
Essentially Fnatic bought a company called fUnc - Never heard of them? Then I probably bet you hadn't heard about the flick either xD (Not important in any case).
What's important is: I would N E V E R have considered buying a func mouse, before Fnatic added their name to it.

So in conclusion, and by the same logic, the Mionix should be fine. On paper, it looks great! What's more, and what I actually like about it: SOFTWAREZZ!
Either people don't care, people want no software or people love it. I LOVE IT!
As per the shape it's really a YOU question. I think it would fit me just fine, especially since I mostly hold my mouse inward (I'm a righty).

I'd like to try it, but the price tag and sensor will essentially be holding me back from buying one unless I figure out a way to get one cheaper than 70€ (Mionix plz send free mouse hahah xD).
When I'm looking to test things and return them I like having as much time as possible, and having a physical shop nearby where I can return the product is great.
I'm just fuzzy about mailing stuff back.. I shouldn't be such a wimp hah

And again:
There is NOTHING wrong with the 3310 sensor - I just love my 3360/66 :x
.... *tapes fingers together* end of wall :P

yeah mionix has crazy high price tag i just looked it up. So im still interested in v300 and g303 maybe. I would have to see if i can get used to fingertip because i love the price. If not the v300 is supposed to be very comfortable so i might give that a shot as well. Maybe even roccat kone pure. I will see if i can try any of these out. Thanks so much man and i appreciate the in depth response!!

In case you were still undecided, I made a spreadsheet when i was trying to find the perfect mouse for me. I like to organize a lot of data, so I made a spreadsheet. In the end, I didn't use the spreadsheet, but here's a link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d3slrFqg8dV8aBZ0nM3JyQQwo2Aks4O3AcO1L2qK9RA/edit?usp=sharing

It takes into account pretty much everything Zy says in his video, each category rated out of 10. Hope this helps a bit.

2 hours ago, acheahead said:

In case you aren't afraid of aches and pains, and if the G303 is on sale (mine was), do try it out. But with my own experience I'm sure you'll eventually develop some kind of smaller injury (as I have myself). I won't put all the blame on the mouse, just yet. I'm still mad at my normal height/sized desk, and my own smurf growth :P
When browsing I actually tend to claw more it seems, than a straight palm grip as I first thought..
I keep changing it for casual use, is probably the point I'm trying to make here.

While I wouldn't rule out the V300, as per the same reasoning used for the Mionix and Fnatic/func section earlier, I dislike the hardware.
It's not bad, not by a long shot. But with this kind of budget, there's room for the "upper tier sensors"
^ And that just made me realize what a douche I might sound like.. It's like when researching for air coolers.
"Hi, I want an Evo 212, is it any goo..." - "lel, you derp - Buy a noctua D15 instead!" (disregarding the 4x price tag that comes with it xD)
(Probably a bad example, but my points still stand).

While i might sound a bit elitist, I think it's safe to say that most consider the 3310 and 3360/66 sensors to be top of the line.
The rest aren't bad and new tech doesn't always equate better tech. If a guy has used his trusty 1337 optical sensor (Not a real sensor btw haha) he might be hesitant moving onto a new one.
In theory it should be an upgrade, and while others might say they've noticed and improvement over time.. Some dogs just refuse to learn new tricks :)
Also, if the 1337 is still being made, and "you're that used to it" there's no reason to follow with the flow. This mostly relates to users using the 3310 and are still buying those. People still hunt down the old 3.0 intelli mice :)

I kinda like MadOrcs spreadsheet.. Especially since it actually has the Fnatic mouse, and it's actually rated pretty high xD
I haven't researched it, or looked into testimonials since they started releasing/producing it, because.. It's just another 3310 sensor with a "new" shape.
What I don't like about the spreadsheet is how it rates the sensors compared to each other. Same manufacturer, same hardware = Different scores.
I know how hard of a time I had adjusting to my new mouse, it took me over 3 weeks with +50 hours of weekly gameplay to get somewhat used to it.
I'm thinking this might have something to do with how the mice are scored on that sheet/by that reviewer.
- Nothing bad meant towards MadOrc. He simply just dotted down whatever the reviewer said :) Nice job mate, and thanks for sharing it.

So yeah.. if you want the mouse to last you at least 8-24months, I'd probably not buy a G303 if I was you. I'm 50% certain you'll be looking at a different mouse sometime soon, due to your grip style and hand size. If you aren't afraid to be returning and buying new mice every few weeks (use of return policy) I'd say try out as many as you dare, else you might end up with a few trophies like me, if you chose to stick with 'em for a longer period.

This wall is probably more muddied than usual.. I'm still half-asleep. It's Monday xD

(What's missing from the picture is the R100 which I bought to try out along with the G303, and gave it away within a few minutes xD)

20160725_113757.jpg

Yeah ill definitely do that thanks again man!

On July 25, 2016 at 3:41 AM, acheahead said:

In case you aren't afraid of aches and pains, and if the G303 is on sale (mine was), do try it out. But with my own experience I'm sure you'll eventually develop some kind of smaller injury (as I have myself). I won't put all the blame on the mouse, just yet. I'm still mad at my normal height/sized desk, and my own smurf growth :P
When browsing I actually tend to claw more it seems, than a straight palm grip as I first thought..
I keep changing it for casual use, is probably the point I'm trying to make here.

While I wouldn't rule out the V300, as per the same reasoning used for the Mionix and Fnatic/func section earlier, I dislike the hardware.
It's not bad, not by a long shot. But with this kind of budget, there's room for the "upper tier sensors"
^ And that just made me realize what a douche I might sound like.. It's like when researching for air coolers.
"Hi, I want an Evo 212, is it any goo..." - "lel, you derp - Buy a noctua D15 instead!" (disregarding the 4x price tag that comes with it xD)
(Probably a bad example, but my points still stand).

While i might sound a bit elitist, I think it's safe to say that most consider the 3310 and 3360/66 sensors to be top of the line.
The rest aren't bad and new tech doesn't always equate better tech. If a guy has used his trusty 1337 optical sensor (Not a real sensor btw haha) he might be hesitant moving onto a new one.
In theory it should be an upgrade, and while others might say they've noticed and improvement over time.. Some dogs just refuse to learn new tricks :)
Also, if the 1337 is still being made, and "you're that used to it" there's no reason to follow with the flow. This mostly relates to users using the 3310 and are still buying those. People still hunt down the old 3.0 intelli mice :)

I kinda like MadOrcs spreadsheet.. Especially since it actually has the Fnatic mouse, and it's actually rated pretty high xD
I haven't researched it, or looked into testimonials since they started releasing/producing it, because.. It's just another 3310 sensor with a "new" shape.
What I don't like about the spreadsheet is how it rates the sensors compared to each other. Same manufacturer, same hardware = Different scores.
I know how hard of a time I had adjusting to my new mouse, it took me over 3 weeks with +50 hours of weekly gameplay to get somewhat used to it.
I'm thinking this might have something to do with how the mice are scored on that sheet/by that reviewer.
- Nothing bad meant towards MadOrc. He simply just dotted down whatever the reviewer said :) Nice job mate, and thanks for sharing it.

So yeah.. if you want the mouse to last you at least 8-24months, I'd probably not buy a G303 if I was you. I'm 50% certain you'll be looking at a different mouse sometime soon, due to your grip style and hand size. If you aren't afraid to be returning and buying new mice every few weeks (use of return policy) I'd say try out as many as you dare, else you might end up with a few trophies like me, if you chose to stick with 'em for a longer period.

This wall is probably more muddied than usual.. I'm still half-asleep. It's Monday xD

(What's missing from the picture is the R100 which I bought to try out along with the G303, and gave it away within a few minutes xD)

20160725_113757.jpg

Hey man I know it's been a while but I meant to ask you about sensor rattle. Do you have issues with that at all on your g303?

G502 is the best IMO. My KD has increased a lot in BF4 after switching from my 10 year old dell mouse due to higher polling rate so I can win more firefights in close quarters

The weight takes some getting used to but it is perfect for a mouse being used both for close quarters combat and precision sniping 

It is great for pslm grip as well

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

G502 is my daily use mouse, would recomend, its comfy (for me), has some weight, comes with the software (like Razer I guess) and I have never had problems, had it for over 1 year so far. (BUT I'm probably biased :P)