h110i gt, a bit confused??

Go to solution Solved by Moress,

This depends on whom you ask. A lot of directions say to plug them into the motherboard since the pump will request the max power anyway, others say its best to plug it into the molex and make sure.

I say plug it into the board and if your temps are too high then get a molex adapter, since a slow pump won't fry your chip, it'll simply not cool it as effectively.

I was watching this video and when he's plugging the water cooler in he says that you shouldn't plug the fan header into the motherboard headers and instead invest in a 3pin to molex power connector and plug it directly into the PSU.

Should I go through with this or would I still be fine if I plugged it in normally? Or did I just lose track of the directions??

This depends on whom you ask. A lot of directions say to plug them into the motherboard since the pump will request the max power anyway, others say its best to plug it into the molex and make sure.

I say plug it into the board and if your temps are too high then get a molex adapter, since a slow pump won't fry your chip, it'll simply not cool it as effectively.

CPU: I5 4590 Motherboard: ASROCK H97 Pro4 Ram: XPG 16gb v2.0 4x4 kit  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 PSU: EVGA 550w Supernova G2 Storage: 128 gb Sandisk SSD + 525gb Mx300 SSD Cooling: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP Case: Zalman T2 Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma Keyboard: DBPower LED

It depends on your motherboard. Some motherboards have a dedicated pump header for these.

If you use a fan header on the motherboard you want to ensure that your motherboard isn't trying to lower voltages to control fan speeds for that header.