folding at home when idle

Go to solution Solved by AdmnPower,

Usually means that there hasn't been any input from the mouse and or keyboard in a while but the computer is not asleep. 

What dose it mean by "idle". I want it to run when i get up from my pc, but when i want to play a game it turns off. Is idle when the pc is on sleep mode or just not under load?

CPUFX 8320, Motherboard ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 Socket AM3+ AMD, RAM g.skill ripjaws x series (2x8gb), GPUstrix gtx 970, Storage 500gb + 500gb + 250 ssd, PSU EVGA 600w B 80 PLUS BRONZE, Display(s) ASUS VG248QE 24"+ Hisense 24" + Vizio 24", Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, PC Part Picker  http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LFxQ23

Usually means that there hasn't been any input from the mouse and or keyboard in a while but the computer is not asleep. 

Just now, AdmnPower said:

oh, good i dont let my pc sleep. Thanks

CPUFX 8320, Motherboard ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 Socket AM3+ AMD, RAM g.skill ripjaws x series (2x8gb), GPUstrix gtx 970, Storage 500gb + 500gb + 250 ssd, PSU EVGA 600w B 80 PLUS BRONZE, Display(s) ASUS VG248QE 24"+ Hisense 24" + Vizio 24", Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, PC Part Picker  http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LFxQ23

5 minutes ago, Pcinacan said:

What dose it mean by "idle". I want it to run when i get up from my pc, but when i want to play a game it turns off. Is idle when the pc is on sleep mode or just not under load?

"Idle" usually means you haven't moved the mouse or touched the keyboard in a few minutes.

In windows it's basically when the screen turns off 

because there hasn't been any input mouse/keyboard

after a set interval. If you want to fold based on when

the pc is in idle. You can go into the control panel, 

power management or whatever it's called and set it 

to 2-5 minutes or less, to waste less time waiting when 

you don't use the computer.