Acer XB271HU Panel Uniformity...Replace?

izt_is

Hey guys, just got my Acer XB271HU. COming from a 1080p non G-Sync 60Hz monitor it is amazing. So far seems like some BLB which might all be just IPS Glow anyway with no dead pixel or dust behind the monitor.

The only issue I have is with the panel's WHITE (not colour) uniformity. It seems slightly cooler on the right with this bluish tint compared to the rest of the screen. Reading around, it seems like this is a probelm with most of the G-Sync IPS Panels from ASUS and Acer (and maybe with some time and Brun in this might fade).

Now these pictures are at brightness of 90 and the screen is as yet uncalibrated, but I'm not sure how much of this will change with regards to white Uniformity. I am hesitant to get another replacement with this as it seems like a panel lottery and the next one might just have all the black light bleed/dead pixel/dust issues. What do you think? Leave it or replace?

Here is what I am talking about: 

IMG_6418.jpg

IMG_6426_1.jpg

IMG_6427_1.jpg

• 2 years later...
On 7/23/2016 at 10:42 PM, izt_is said:

Hey guys, just got my Acer XB271HU. COming from a 1080p non G-Sync 60Hz monitor it is amazing. So far seems like some BLB which might all be just IPS Glow anyway with no dead pixel or dust behind the monitor.

The only issue I have is with the panel's WHITE (not colour) uniformity. It seems slightly cooler on the right with this bluish tint compared to the rest of the screen. Reading around, it seems like this is a probelm with most of the G-Sync IPS Panels from ASUS and Acer (and maybe with some time and Brun in this might fade).

Now these pictures are at brightness of 90 and the screen is as yet uncalibrated, but I'm not sure how much of this will change with regards to white Uniformity. I am hesitant to get another replacement with this as it seems like a panel lottery and the next one might just have all the black light bleed/dead pixel/dust issues. What do you think? Leave it or replace?

Here is what I am talking about: 

IMG_6418.jpg

IMG_6426_1.jpg

IMG_6427_1.jpg

Just got this panel and am experiencing the exact same issue. Did this get better with screen burn in for you? Did you replace the monitor?