Best monitor for my setup

DeNasty

Hey guys I've been building a gaming PC for the past few months buying parts when I had the money to spare. Finally the last thing I need to buy is a monitor. I want to run any games I play on ultra settings so I went for a Gtx 1070. I know it's good for 1440p. But I also want an ultra wide monitor. I don't know if the ultra wide monitor will make it harder to keep ultra settings on all my games. Currently I'm thinking of getting the Acer X34 Predator.  But if the video card won't be able to keep a high frame rate on ultra settings I would want something that can. So if anyone has aby information that could help me choose I would be very grateful. Thanks 

Current setup. http://pcpartpicker.com/list/6pX8Yr

I have a very similar spec PC and run a LG 34 inch 3440x1440 and run paragon at max settings at 70fps. I am not sure the 1070 will be able to do max settings on all games at that current resolution, but it will perform very well. I'd probably get close to 90-100 fps if i was just doing normal 1440: ultra wides are 30-40% harder on the GPU.

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018

3 hours ago, NeoZeon said:

I have a very similar spec PC and run a LG 34 inch 3440x1440 and run paragon at max settings at 70fps. I am not sure the 1070 will be able to do max settings on all games at that current resolution, but it will perform very well. I'd probably get close to 90-100 fps if i was just doing normal 1440: ultra wides are 30-40% harder on the GPU.

Thank you. Guess I'll be getting the X34 after all. I was worried that the card would have trouble with the extra resolution of an ultra wide.  I really appreciate your help.