Thanks newgg.... you piece of sh**

so i was planing on buying a monitor (vg248qe), a cpu (i7-6700K) and a psu, and all of them had a good deals where i was saving £30 from each deal BUT i noticed one thing and that is the fact that these prices didn't include VAT and shipping cost >:( which were shown to be in a basket section of this page just as i wanted to buy them, so thanks newegg.co.uk for wasting my time with you 

Thing is, there's no such thing as Newegg UK, it's an American based company. That's your own fault.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Wrong section for posting. 

1 hour ago, HKZeroFive said:

Thing is, there's no such thing as UK Newegg. It's an American based company. That's your own fault.

what ??? how could it be my own fault that they didn't include VAT in their prices ?

1 hour ago, IAmLamp said:

Wrong section for posting. 

oh sorry then in which one should i post it ?

1 minute ago, ZaTrox said:

what ??? how could it be my own fault that they didn't include VAT in their prices ?

It isn't anyone's fault. One just needs to be wary. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

4 minutes ago, Pohernori said:

It isn't anyone's fault. One just needs to be wary. 

Yeah but that is kind of disappointing that a company is doing this in order to get more customers from outside of USA 

Just now, ZaTrox said:

Yeah but that is kind of disappointing that a company is doing this in order to get more customers from outside USA 

Then you'd have to be disappointed with the whole world

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Just now, Pohernori said:

well most of the sites that i visit do include a VAT to their price and shipping fees right next to the price of the product 

15 minutes ago, ZaTrox said:

If it's too good to be true, that's probably the case. You're angry at Newegg for something that's not their fault.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

13 minutes ago, Pohernori said:

here in Latvia internet shops are actually obliged to include the prices with VAT.

1 hour ago, ZaTrox said:

Dont move to the US then. Because most of our prices come without sales tax included. You just have to add 6% on purchases at least here in Michigan. Us Americans get by just fine tax not being included. Only 2 places include tax in prices, Movie Theaters and Gas stations, besides that you have to do math. Oh and sales tax rates differ state to state, so yeah. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

3 hours ago, ZaTrox said:

theyre not a uk based company

4 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Dont move to the US then. Because most of our prices come without sales tax included. You just have to add 6% on purchases at least here in Michigan. Us Americans get by just fine tax not being included. Only 2 places include tax in prices, Movie Theaters and Gas stations, besides that you have to do math. Oh and sales tax rates differ state to state, so yeah. 

3 hours ago, LordLeewee said:

theyre not a uk based company

oooo so in US a VAT is not added to the price and you have to do it yourselves.... that explains this quote 

6 hours ago, Pohernori said:

and btw in UK vat is 20% so it makes a big difference 

Also 

6 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

I don't know... it is pretty clear to me:

Capture.PNG

i simply didnt noticed it before and when i checked it right now, i noticed that i takes a bit of time to load this tiny bit of text but that is probably because of my slow internet  

6 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

I don't know... it is pretty clear to me:

Capture.PNG

Yes, but everywhere in the UK includes VAT in prices (unless it's primarily targeting businesses, in which case there is normally a prominent switch to choose whether to include VAT or not). Nobody looks to see whether there is VAT included in the price, because it always is.

Newegg UK makes absolutely no sense - the prices look cheap until you notice that it doesn't include VAT, at which point it's already more expensive than just buying it over here, before shipping and customs fees have been taken into account.

HTTP/2 203

2 hours ago, ZaTrox said:

oooo so in US a VAT is not added to the price and you have to do it yourselves.... that explains this quote 

and btw in UK vat is 20% so it makes a big difference 

Also 

i simply didnt noticed it before and when i checked it right now, i noticed that i takes a bit of time to load this tiny bit of text but that is probably because of my slow internet  

There is no vat in us, just a about 8% sales tax.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

1 hour ago, spwath said:

There is no vat in us, just a about 8% sales tax.

6% if your in Michigan also, Newegg doesnt charge Sales tax here, because they dont have a warehouse here so they are not required to collect. 

Similarly in Canada.

Each province has it's own taxes. Where I am, you have the Federal (Canada) and Provincial (in my case: Province of Quebec) tax that you need to pay, adding a nice total to 14.975% tax (yea, try to do the math in your head). Oh, and half your pay check is gone in taxes too, but that is different topic.

While you might say "Oh US is so great, their taxes are so low", remember that in the end it pretty much comes to the same point. Meaning that while taxes in the US are lower, you do need to pay for health insurance, medical bills, overpriced medications, you need to pay a lot more for schools (many go in debt for this, while it is rare for a Canadian, and the sum is minimal in comparison), you need to have large saving in the case your insurance doesn't cover you, or emergency.. all in all, it comes to the same point. Services aren't free. You pay it in some way or another.

4 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Similarly in Canada.

Each province has it's own taxes. Where I am, you have the Federal (Canada) and Provincial (in my case: Province of Quebec) tax that you need to pay, adding a nice total to 14.975% tax (yea, try to do the math in your head). Oh, and half your pay check is gone in taxes too, but that is different topic.

While you might say "Oh US is so great, their taxes are so low", remember that in the end it pretty much comes to the same point. Meaning that while taxes in the US are lower, you do need to pay for health insurance, medical bills, overpriced medications, you need to pay a lot more for schools (many go in debt for this, while it is rare for a Canadian, and the sum is minimal in comparison), you need to have large saving in the case your insurance doesn't cover you, or emergency.. all in all, it comes to the same point. Services aren't free. You pay it in some way or another.

There has been talk about making a VAT in the US. To replace income tax or to at least lower income tax. I dont see it ever taking off. 

In the US companies never include tax in advertised prices for any good whatsoever. One of the million annoying things about the US.

6 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

There has been talk about making a VAT in the US. To replace income tax or to at least lower income tax. I dont see it ever taking off. 

It won't last long.. because the problem is psychological. If you see a higher price, you'll be like "WOW Inflation! Crazy! Government ruined our country!", even though it comes up to the same. This is the similar effect as $9.99, and $10.00 ... The $9.99, most people say "Oh it is just 9$", while the other, "Wow a full 10$!", and the worst, is when you leave and try to recall "what was the price again? 1000$! What a rip!". Now, usually, the newer generation, and people more price conscious, don't fall for this, as people go and say "$10" when they see "9.99", but for it works for many.

Shipping is always a bitch. VAT is your own governments fault. Blame them.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

11 hours ago, ZaTrox said:

Prices listed in the US do not include tax. I've never understood why, but that's how things work over here.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Isn't the VAT % dependent on the country in the EU?

-KuJoe

3 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Yes, but everywhere in the UK includes VAT in prices (unless it's primarily targeting businesses, in which case there is normally a prominent switch to choose whether to include VAT or not). Nobody looks to see whether there is VAT included in the price, because it always is.

Newegg UK makes absolutely no sense - the prices look cheap until you notice that it doesn't include VAT, at which point it's already more expensive than just buying it over here, before shipping and customs fees have been taken into account.

It does make a lot of sense that the price of a product is cheaper when bought locally versus shipping to another country.

-KuJoe