Logitech Z5500 Replacement?

SwiiftYz

My trust Logitech Z5500 died a few months back after 10 years of heavy use, I absolutely loved the sound the entire system produced despite the fact It was fairly low priced when I purchased it. My issue now is that I know absolutely nothing about surround sound systems and don't know where to begin. I basically want to use the new system for music and movies mostly. The odd bit of gaming will be thrown in from time to time. My budget is around £300 and obviously with the '£' sign I'm in the UK which often makes things hard to suggest as it's difficult to get stock of some brands over here.

I would prefer to stick to a 5.1 setup if possible but as I said I have no idea where to start, can anyone help me out? I would like to buy new not used.

CPU: i7 4770K @ 4.4Ghz | Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme 6 | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | GPU: 2x MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V 4GB | Case: Corsair Carbide 500R | Storage: 256GB Samsung Pro SSD | NAS: D-LINK DNS320L w/ 2x 3TB WDB | PSU: Corsair HX750 | Display: 27" ROG Swift PG278Q + 27" ASUS MX279H | Cooling: Corsair H100i | Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGB | Mouse: Razer Deathadder (2013) | Sound: Creative Soundblaster ZX | Headset: V-MODA M100 | DAC:  SMSL SD 793II DAC | Speakers: Logitech Z5000

I also had the Z5500 for the better part of a decade and was heartbroken when it died.  I bought the Z906 and it doesn't sound nowhere near as good as the Z5500 so gave it to my son a bought a Denon 5.2 receiver and a Klipsch 5.1 speaker system.  I spent a little more than I planned on but I have a setup that sounds better than the Z5500 and IMO there isn't any 5.1 PC systems that are worth it.

Have no idea if it's available in your country but this should be within your budget and is really decent for the price,

https://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-HT-S3700-5-1-Channel-Theater-Receiver/dp/B00LU0GPAI/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1469438655&sr=1-3&keywords=home+theater+system

On 7/23/2016 at 10:06 AM, SwiiftYz said:

My trust Logitech Z5500 died a few months back after 10 years of heavy use, I absolutely loved the sound the entire system produced despite the fact It was fairly low priced when I purchased it. My issue now is that I know absolutely nothing about surround sound systems and don't know where to begin. I basically want to use the new system for music and movies mostly. The odd bit of gaming will be thrown in from time to time. My budget is around £300 and obviously with the '£' sign I'm in the UK which often makes things hard to suggest as it's difficult to get stock of some brands over here.

I would prefer to stick to a 5.1 setup if possible but as I said I have no idea where to start, can anyone help me out? I would like to buy new not used.

Something like this may be worth a look:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/onkyo/txsr252/onky-txsr252-blk

http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/wharfedale/dx1-hcp/whar-dx1

This probably won't be as loud as your Z-5500, but the quality at lower playback levels should be quite a bit better.