GTX 1080 cables help

Sean-

Im installing two 1080 GTX in SLI, its an 8 pin and a 6 pin on the card

Is this wire ok to use

Its an 8 PIN to 6/2 and 8 PIN

Any advice welcome, I would use 1 of these for each card?

FullSizeRender.jpg

If you're going for the ultimate high end overclock record setting nonsense, then that sort of wire could be problematic. for 99.9% of users (even those after a high overclock), that will work just fine

11 hours ago, Zyndo said:

If you're going for the ultimate high end overclock record setting nonsense, then that sort of wire could be problematic. for 99.9% of users (even those after a high overclock), that will work just fine

11 hours ago, Manage My Cables said:

Yes there fine.

Ive noticed during 3d Mark benchmarks its getting a blackscreen mid way, im wondering if it isnt getting enough power for the high end benchmarking testing, any thoughts?

I think i will try with 4 seperete cables and see if the issue goes

12 hours ago, Sean- said:

Ive noticed during 3d Mark benchmarks its getting a blackscreen mid way, im wondering if it isnt getting enough power for the high end benchmarking testing, any thoughts?

when I said "high end overclocks" I meant things like people LN2 cooling their GPU's and BIOS hacking and a whole bunch of other nonsense like that. If you're using a typical GPU under a typical situation, even with the highest overclock you can get out of a program like MSI afterburner, then it won't matter to cables like this. I'm currently running my GTX 980TI Xtreme Gaming off of an 8pin to 6+2 6+2 connector. clocked to 1450MHz (I can't get it higher due to software glitches, not due to the cable)

You could always try using proper cables for them, But I really don't think its going to change anything. If you're getting crashes it could be due to an aggressive overclock, or some SLI specific issue i'm not aware of (I have no first hand experience with SLI)

2 hours ago, Zyndo said:

when I said "high end overclocks" I meant things like people LN2 cooling their GPU's and BIOS hacking and a whole bunch of other nonsense like that. If you're using a typical GPU under a typical situation, even with the highest overclock you can get out of a program like MSI afterburner, then it won't matter to cables like this. I'm currently running my GTX 980TI Xtreme Gaming off of an 8pin to 6+2 6+2 connector. clocked to 1450MHz (I can't get it higher due to software glitches, not due to the cable)

You could always try using proper cables for them, But I really don't think its going to change anything. If you're getting crashes it could be due to an aggressive overclock, or some SLI specific issue i'm not aware of (I have no first hand experience with SLI)

Its only since upgrading to the 1080s from the 980s so im, wondering if its still buggy, also there for mainly DX11, and i run 12, so that could be the issue, waiting to hear from 3dMark devs