F@H "bad code" ?

Hello,

my new gtx 1070 xtreme gaming arrived yesterday and i thought i do some folding and see how it performs. (selected Eco mode instead of OC mode)

I noticed that my gpu load fluctuates between 80 and 95% depending on the project but it never reaches 100%. I am used to a 100% gpu load with my gtx 960. Does anyone have similar experiences?

089814-1469189951.png

52416d-1469189985.png

It is now summer here in germany and its basically around 30°C all the time in my room. Would you feel save with the temperatures above or increase the fanspeed? I tried to touch my backplate yesterday and it got pretty hot, so that i could only touch it for a limited time. I am just folding a few days in the summer but should i stop it completly to avoid damages? I dont wanna damage the card so fast :P

That heat won't damage the card with it's cooling. And backplates get that hot regardless of the temperature of your room. Except if you have watercooling. And for the GPU usage in folding because it is such a higher end card it will take some of the uneeded load off of the card.

Current PC: "For Now Because I Have A Habit"

CPU: Intel Core I7 6700K @4.5Ghz

Motherboard: Asrock Z170 Extreme4

RAM: 16GB G.skill TridentZ 3200Mhz DDR4

CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Water 3.0 360 Riing RGB Edition 

Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080Ti Founders Edition MSI

Case: Limited Edition Thermaltake View 31 Riing RGB

Power Supply: CoolerMaster V750 Fully Modular

SSD: Kingston HyperX Savage 240GB

HDD: 3TB Toshiba 7200RPM

Peripherals:

Monitor: AOC U2868PQU 4K 28" 60HZ

Keyboard: G.Skill Ripjaws KM780 RGB Cherry MX Red

Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite

Mouse Pad: Razer Goliathus Speed Extended

Speakers: Creative SBS A250

Headphones: Razer Kraken Pro 7.1

3 hours ago, Teddy07 said:

I noticed that my gpu load fluctuates between 80 and 95% depending on the project but it never reaches 100%

Normal. The vast majority of DC projects don't quite use 100% of high end GPU. That's actually half good, helps keep the thermals in check. Speaking of which...

3 hours ago, Teddy07 said:

Would you feel save with the temperatures above or increase the fanspeed? I tried to touch my backplate yesterday and it got pretty hot, so that i could only touch it for a limited time. I am just folding a few days in the summer but should i stop it completly to avoid damages? I dont wanna damage the card so fast :P

Those temps are perfectly fine. Don't use the "I touched and it feel hot" metric, humans are very sensitive to heat, even if it isn't all that bad. You could run that card 24/7 and even let it heat up further, it'd be totally fine.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!