What kind of ISP do you have?

AlanAlan

Comcast

I get 125Mbps down and 25Mbps up with an avg. ping of 9ms.

Like: Everything but customer service

Dislike: Customer service and the 1TB data cap.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X @ 4.7GHz | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 | Motherboard: X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI | RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB | Case: NCase M1 v6.0 | SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo+ 1TB, 860 Evo 1TB | CPU Cooler: H100i ELITE CAPELLIX | MonitorsLG 27GN950-B 4K 165Hz |

CenturyLink

I get 10Mbps down and 1Mbps up with an average ping of 21ms

Like: Everything

Dislike: Having to pay for the modem up front or leasing the modem.

I am going to try to find a DSL modem that doesn't have a router or wireless built in as I want to use my Cisco 1841.

Comcast
Like: Reasonably reliable service and speed.

Hate: Shitty customer support, overpriced as hell.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

15 hours ago, droidrzrlover said:

CenturyLink

I get 10Mbps down and 1Mbps up with an average ping of 21ms

Like: Everything

Dislike: Having to pay for the modem up front or leasing the modem.

I am going to try to find a DSL modem that doesn't have a router or wireless built in as I want to use my Cisco 1841.

You can usually just bridge the wan interface to a lan interface on the routers or use dmz and disable nat/pat.

I have set my Technicolor up in a way where the WAN ip is given to eth1 - would work with larger subnets as well, but that requires some more CLI foo... 

Time Warner (now Charter)

I get 300Mbps down and 20Mbps up with pretty good ping/latency.

Like: Most everything although their reps are about as smart as a bag of rocks most of the time

Dislike: Their IPv6 support is pretty lack-luster and gives me issues sometimes.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

5 hours ago, InVis said:

You can usually just bridge the wan interface to a lan interface on the routers or use dmz and disable nat/pat.

I have set my Technicolor up in a way where the WAN ip is given to eth1 - would work with larger subnets as well, but that requires some more CLI foo... 

I am getting a CCNA and how would i use dmz and disable NAT/PAT so that i don't need to keep port forwarding devices to get access to devices inside the network? go ahead and message me.