Favorite Characters from video games?

TheGhzGuy

I'm sure everyone here has played a game where they absolutely loved a character or a group of characters. All this is for is just opening the discussion for all of those favorites and why they are at the top of your list. 

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

Woods

Black Ops series. 

Geralt probably.

All the characters in the Witcher are top notch.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Jack Marston from Red Dead Redemption

1.jpg

I'm a educated fool with money on my mind.

They say i got to learn but nobody here to teach me,if they can't understand it how can they reach me

Power and the money,money and the power,minute after minute,hour after hour

My Motivation

Me. 

I play mostly RPGs and if the world is built right and I can interact with it enough then that character sticks with me. I will never forget the trials and tribulations of my Morrowind character. 

Revan, Geralt, Garrus, Shepard, Liara, Triss, Vesemir, Ciri, Kreia..... picking one is too difficult.

9 minutes ago, Nineshadow said:

Geralt probably.

All the characters in the Witcher are top notch.

Indeed, although some of the villains made me want to torture them to death instead of simply killing them. Caleb Menge, Radovid V, etc got off too easily.

Gaunter O'Dimm is my personal favorite and in my opinion one of the best video game villains.

I have to admit that my favorite character in recent times is Sarah Kerrigan. Her personality, character, overall appearance (be it Terran or Zerg), are all well done, which made her an interesting character.

Here's the info on my StarCraft original character, which you may have heard of him if you've checked out my profile.

Spoiler

One of my OCs I made can be viewed in my DeviantArt and my profile here. His name is James Kerrigan, Sarah's little brother and the antihero of the StarCraft series. So far I've fleshed out his personality to reflect his antihero portrayal as being the opposite of both Sarah Kerrigan and Jim Raynor. He is not very heroic (with very few exceptions), and often goes out of his way to stop anyone from killing the Queen of Blades, while at the same time looking for an answer to de-infest Sarah Kerrigan. One time he was looking for evidence for the destruction of one of his squads, and unknowingly, he was helping out the Terran Dominion, who was also after him at the same time, exchanging gunfire and insults wherever possible.

James Kerrigan is also partially infested by the Queen of Blades, albeit indirectly when he removed the Ghost conditioning on board of the Amerigo.

To go over some of his villainous traits briefly, these are what I have given him

• Violent: His behavior and the methods he's used has earned him a reputation of being brutal, maybe even more so than the Queen of Blades in spite of the fact that she killed more than him. It's that his methods he employed before have even intimidated the Queen herself when she launched a raid against a base, only to discover that its occupants were all impaled and left there to serve as a warning not to fight him.
  • Alienated: There are very few people he can trust and talk to, and look for support when he needs it. These people are: Jim Raynor; his best friend. Matt Horner: Has always got him covered while on the ground during missions. And the Protoss Lynalla: The Protoss he saved for moral reasons, which in return, helped counsel him and to give him the courage he's needed to press on even in trying times.
  • Distrustful: He's not very trustful of anyone, up until the events of Wings of Liberty when Raynor's Raiders began the assault on Char to set up an artifact to de-infest Sarah Kerrigan, especially the Protoss, who has tried to kill the Queen of Blades a few times in the past.
  • Manipulative: James knows how to exploit the weaknesses of his enemies, allowing him to get what he wants, even without brandishing any weapons.
  • Depressed: Due to the loss of Sarah Kerrigan, he took the blame and became loathsome to himself, and to those around him.

He still has some heroic traits though, aside from the villainous traits he's harbored after Sarah Kerrigan was infested.

• He is still graceful and courageous even in the face of danger, often risking his own life. Many view him as being reckless for this before.
  • He still shows compassion to Sarah Kerrigan, which is attributed to his bond with her, and also for being the only one left he can truly look up to, even as the Primal Queen of Blades.
  • His brilliant plans have helped save lives before.

In short, he's ruthless, brutal, violent, and has been betrayed by the leader Arcturus Mengsk when the Kerrigans were left to die on Tarsonis. Sarah was infested, and James' thirst for revenge festered in him. Still finding compassion towards Sarah, he still pressed on even when the odds are stacked against him.

RIGZ

Spoiler

Starlight (Current): AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core CPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Full Custom Loop | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 1TB + 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSDs, 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD, 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | EVGA NU Audio | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair ML120 2-pack 5x + ML140 2-pack

The Storm (Retired): Intel Core i7-5930K | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 | EKWB EK-KIT P360 with Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport 480 | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD + 3TB 5400 RPM NAS HDD + 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i + Black/Blue CableMod cables | Corsair ML120 2-pack 2x + NB-BlackSilentPro PL-2 x3

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

EK-Quantum Momentum X570 Aorus Master monoblock | EK-FC RTX 2080 + Ti Classic RGB Waterblock and Backplate | EK-XRES 140 D5 PWM Pump/Res Combo | 2x Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 480 MP and 1x SR2 240 MP | 10X Corsair ML120 PWM fans | A mixture of EK-KIT fittings and EK-Torque STC fittings and adapters | Mayhems 10/13mm clear tubing | Mayhems X1 Eco UV Blue coolant | Bitspower G1/4 Temperature Probe Fitting

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard | Glorious Model D Featherweight Mouse | 2x BenQ PD3200Q 32" 1440p IPS displays + BenQ BL3200PT 32" 1440p VA display | Mackie ProFX10v3 USB Mixer + Marantz MPM-1000 Mic | Sennheiser HD 598 SE Headphones | 2x ADAM Audio T5V 5" Powered Studio Monitors + ADAM Audio T10S Powered Studio Subwoofer | Logitech G920 Driving Force Steering Wheel and Pedal Kit + Driving Force Shifter | Logitech C922x 720p 60FPS Webcam | Xbox One Wireless Controller

QUOTES

Spoiler

"So because they didn't give you the results you want, they're biased? You realize that makes you biased, right?" - @App4that

"Brand loyalty/fanboyism is stupid." - Unknown person on these forums

"Assuming kills" - @Moondrelor

"That's not to say that Nvidia is always better, or that AMD isn't worth owning. But the fact remains that this forum is AMD biased." - @App4that

"I'd imagine there's exceptions to this trend - but just going on mine and my acquaintances' purchase history, we've found that budget cards often require you to turn off certain features to get slick performance, even though those technologies are previous gen and should be having a negligible impact" - ace42

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

Who doesn't love Private James Remirez?

1262354876029.jpg?1262357036

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Leeroy Jenkins

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

The Narrator from The Stanley Parable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEXhxX6nBLs

._.

AMD A8-5500•••ASUS GTX 660•••MSI MS-7778 Mobo•••2x4GB DDR3 RAM•••CoolerMaster v550 Semi-Modular PSU•••1.5TB HDD•256GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD•••Optical Drive•••Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Master Chief is the best character of them all (in my opinion at least :D)Halo_-_Master_Chief.jpg

Sam Fisher. :)

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

this guy.

Saints-Row-3rd-Characters-610d.jpg

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

Juliet Starling :D

On a more serious note: I do find HK-47 to be hilarious. Guybrush Threepwood is great as well. Oh and Murray! The evil demonic skull! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

18 hours ago, JurunceNK said:

I have to admit that my favorite character in recent times is Sarah Kerrigan. Her personality, character, overall appearance (be it Terran or Zerg), are all well done, which made her an interesting character.

Here's the info on my StarCraft original character, which you may have heard of him if you've checked out my profile.

I like the idea of Sarah's brother :)

Im a big fan of Starcraft, I would say my fav's are Sarah and Jim from Stracraft :)

Gaming Rig:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600X @ 4.1GHz All Cores - Ram: 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE - GPU: 5600XT MSI Gaming X - Storage: Samsung EVO 840 250GB - 2TB Seagate Drive OS: Win10

HTPC Rig:
CPU: i5 6400 - Ram: 16GB - GPU: 970 GTX - Storage: 120 Kingston SSD & 2x 1TB Seagate Drive OS: Win10

On 7/21/2016 at 2:01 PM, TheGhzGuy said:

I'm sure everyone here has played a game where they absolutely loved a character or a group of characters. All this is for is just opening the discussion for all of those favorites and why they are at the top of your list. 

Prophet crysis series

This lovely little pilot right here.

jv0JaJJ.png

Yea... I know its actually not got a pilot in it right now, but i couldn't find a good screencap of the basic shuttle without it being horrendously low-res.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||