Witcher 3 studio:"piracy was irrelevant"

Also Witcher 3 is one of the only games for the XONE/PS4 that still has a full manual and extra stuff included with the physical copy of the game. 

Good guy CDProjekt Red. ??????

\\ QUIET AUDIO WORKSTATION //

5960X 3.7GHz @ 0.983V / ASUS X99-A USB3.1      

32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 & 2667MHz @ 1.2V

AMD R9 Fury X

256GB SM961 + 1TB Samsung 850 Evo  

Cooler Master Silencio 652S (soon Calyos NSG S0 ^^)              

Noctua NH-D15 / 3x NF-S12A                 

Seasonic PRIME Titanium 750W        

Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum / Logitech G900

2x Samsung S24E650BW 16:10  / Adam A7X / Fractal Axe Fx 2 Mark I

Windows 7 Ultimate

4K GAMING/EMULATION RIG

Xeon X5670 4.2Ghz (200BCLK) @ ~1.38V / Asus P6X58D Premium

12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz

Gainward GTX 1080 Golden Sample

Intel 535 Series 240 GB + San Disk SSD Plus 512GB

Corsair Crystal 570X

Noctua NH-S12 

Be Quiet Dark Rock 11 650W

Logitech K830

Xbox One Wireless Controller

Logitech Z623 Speakers/Subwoofer

Windows 10 Pro

I still haven't bought W3, and I feel ashamed of me, especially with the PC I have. I have played the main story pirated but haven't touched the expansions and I swore to myself, I will not play the expansions until I buy them, along with the game.

MARS_PROJECT V2 --- RYZEN RIG

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @3.7GHz 1.27V | Cooler: Corsair H80i Stock Fans@900RPM | Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 | RAM: 8GB DDR4 2933MHz(Vengeance LPX) | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 380 Gaming 4G | Sound Card: Creative SB Z | HDD: 500GB WD Green + 1TB WD Blue | SSD: Samsung 860EVO 250GB  + AMD R3 120GB | PSU: Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W 80+Gold(fully modular) | Case: NZXT  H440 2015   | Display: Dell P2314H | Keyboard: Redragon Yama | Mouse: Logitech G Pro | Headphones: Sennheiser HD-569

6 minutes ago, TorqueS said:

I still haven't bought W3, and I feel ashamed of me, especially with the PC I have. I have played the main story pirated but haven't touched the expansions and I swore to myself, I will not play the expansions until I buy them, along with the game.

Don' worry man. I bought the game twice because I sold my Xbox and got a gaming rig... :P

Same with Doom. I don't feel bad about it. 

\\ QUIET AUDIO WORKSTATION //

5960X 3.7GHz @ 0.983V / ASUS X99-A USB3.1      

32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 & 2667MHz @ 1.2V

AMD R9 Fury X

256GB SM961 + 1TB Samsung 850 Evo  

Cooler Master Silencio 652S (soon Calyos NSG S0 ^^)              

Noctua NH-D15 / 3x NF-S12A                 

Seasonic PRIME Titanium 750W        

Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum / Logitech G900

2x Samsung S24E650BW 16:10  / Adam A7X / Fractal Axe Fx 2 Mark I

Windows 7 Ultimate

4K GAMING/EMULATION RIG

Xeon X5670 4.2Ghz (200BCLK) @ ~1.38V / Asus P6X58D Premium

12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz

Gainward GTX 1080 Golden Sample

Intel 535 Series 240 GB + San Disk SSD Plus 512GB

Corsair Crystal 570X

Noctua NH-S12 

Be Quiet Dark Rock 11 650W

Logitech K830

Xbox One Wireless Controller

Logitech Z623 Speakers/Subwoofer

Windows 10 Pro

4 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

NO WAY! The fat cats know what's the true right way of doing things, this guys are just being hippies /s

Personnally the first few games I played on PC were cracked versions because money was tight, games were good, ever since I buy all my games as soon as i can and i don't play the cracked version during the wait.

That's the attitude they expect of people, and frankly they can.

Indeed, cause game is great.
Unlike some other developers/publishers where they make shitty port and on top of that game that doesn't even have large content chop it even into pieces and give you that what was already done as DLCs which in the end comes at twice the priced for still half product. On top also some DRM that may not end well. And when people pirate their games they're surprised? Such a joke!

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

I think it's worth pointing out, too, that The Witcher 3 was a particularly expensive game when it was released, too. It was around £50, when £40 is more normal. 

6 hours ago, othertomperson said:

Not to mention: how many people choose to pirate to avoid egregious DRM? Reminds me of the time I had to pirate a blu-ray I owned because the laptop I was playing it on didn't have HDMI, so HDCP was preventing me from using the thing I spent good money on.

Ugh, copy protection on discs is such an unnecessary fucking roadblock.

You're stopping that one percent that actually knows how to rip shit but potentially fucking yourself over too. Not you personally but you get the idea lol

On topic: This is exactly why I like CD Projekt Red.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

6 hours ago, Megahurt said:

It always makes me laugh when a company says it lost X amount of money based on X amount of people pirating pirating their product, like there would be just as many people that would have considered it worth the full asking price rather than free. They probably lose some money to piracy, but anti piracy practices probably also makes them lose some potential costumers.

When I was younger, I pirated a lot and  I would download games and sometimes never actually play them.

*Clap* *Clap* *Clap*

That's why I bought witcher 3, great game based on the right principle.

Some developers really need to see that they are a greedy bunch of people with no willingness to make a great game (because it takes too much effort)

And so true on the lower income countries. I am pretty tired of people saying "if you can't afford it don't buy it"

A lot of people CAN afford to buy one game in most countries each month, but those money can be used to fulfill a week worth of meal (good meal). Don't be surprised when these people think that it's way too expensive to buy a game, especially if they want several games

1 hour ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Ugh, copy protection on discs is such an unnecessary fucking roadblock.

You're stopping that one percent that actually knows how to rip shit but potentially fucking yourself over too. Not you personally but you get the idea lol

On topic: This is exactly why I like CD Projekt Red.

It's not even that. HDCP prevents interception attacks. It prevents you from using capture hardware to create a recording from playing the media in real time. WHO EVEN DOES THIS WITH DIGITAL MEDIA!? If anything demonstrated that these people were stuck in the fucking 80s with VHS and taping music from the radio...

Real copy protection is bullshit, too. If I want to buy the Blu Ray in order to put rip the full lossless HD (or UHD) version on my NAS for my own personal convenience, then why should I not be allowed to do that? If I have that much hard disk space on my home network (and I very much do), then why is this legally not an option available to me? Well it legally is allowed strictly speaking, but this is what copy protection is seeking to prevent.

You want to know what happens when this option is taken away from me? I stop buying Blu Rays. I don't want the disk itself, I want the 40GB lossless mkv, ideally with a physical backup to have somewhere but not at hand.

Interesting.

But honestly though, Good on them for not being aggressive about piracy. I mean I agree it's not ideal if you have copies of your game being pirated but chasing after the pirates would probably cost you more than it would be to just sit back and just encourage that one who pirated the game would buy a legal copy.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

I found out about TW2 through piracy (saw it on the front page of KAT. RIP KAT :( ) then after playing through it and realizing that it was easily worth my money I bought it and TW1. Thus ensuring that I was a hardcore CDPR fan by the time TW3 came out. Which to date is the only game I've preordered (not counting early access or kickstarter games like Star Citizen and Kingdom Come Deliverance) due to my faith in CDPR. Obviously they delivered and I can't wait to see what they do with Cyberpunk2077 even though I'm not really a fan of the setting.

they are also one of the few that make actually DLC that is worth its money. compared to Fallout 4 were you pay 50€ for mostly meh content. or the Witcher 3 were you pay 25€ for 2 amazing campaigns and tons of free DLC.

i love the Witcher 3 and i am not even a big fantasy guy. but Cyberpunk2077 damn i am exited. 

Cdpr is quickly becoming my fave dev team.

And I was also one of those people that first pirated the game and later bought it because I loved the game so much I really felt like the dev team deserve their money, plus all the patches and free dlcs they put out

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

WHAT? So piracy isn't killing people's jobs and income like previously stated?

I got all of my Witcher games off of GOG. I really love that site...just wish more developers would get with the picture and jump to it, too. It would be cool to be able to do something similar with all of my movies and believe me...I have a poo-ton of movies I'd like to backup for safe keeping or watch how I please without worrying someone is going to tear me a new one for it.

On 7/21/2016 at 9:22 AM, othertomperson said:

Not to mention: how many people choose to pirate to avoid egregious DRM? Reminds me of the time I had to pirate a blu-ray I owned because the laptop I was playing it on didn't have HDMI, so HDCP was preventing me from using the thing I spent good money on.

I experienced the same thing with my Dredd Bluray. It really pisses me off I spend good money and I can't view them or use them the way I should be able to without buying a shit ton of other crap.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

On 21-7-2016 at 3:21 PM, AHaskin14 said:

I was pretty astonished When I got my hard copy day 1 and realized that I could distribute it as many times as I wanted. Didn't though, that's my sacred possession. Loving Blood and Wine right now!

Blood and Wine is so great! It surpassed all of my expectations. I'm so sad that there won't be any more Witcher games.

'Make sure to wear a wool sweater and to stand on a carpet while working on PC's' -Linus 2015

On 21.7.2016 at 8:22 PM, Octagoncow said:

I normally wait to buy games when they're at least half price, but I intentionally bought The Witcher 3 at full price because of the lack of DRM.

Same here, I have absolutely no regrets about paying the full 60€ price of Witcher 3. Not only does it lack DRM, compared to the majority of games released currently it offers an insane amount of content (I think my first playthrough took over 100 hours) and it came with game soundtrack on an actual, physical CD.

i love what they are doing , but i can't say that the people protecting their work are doing a "bad" thing either, also i love the salt from people not being able to pirate a game

fx-8350 @4,4Ghz/sapphire r9 fury/2x 8gb Kingstone ddr3 @2030Mhz

On 21/07/2016 at 8:23 PM, Doobeedoo said:

Indeed, cause game is great.
Unlike some other developers/publishers where they make shitty port and on top of that game that doesn't even have large content chop it even into pieces and give you that what was already done as DLCs which in the end comes at twice the priced for still half product. On top also some DRM that may not end well. And when people pirate their games they're surprised? Such a joke!

It's such a shame when pirated copies function better than the official thing. I have a CD copy of Toca 2 Touring Cars (old but gold), and it's really unfortunate that the cracked EXE works much better than the original EXE. The original EXE doesn't load races, support networking properly, or even exit the program (it freezes on the exit screen). I remember when I tried the CD on my Windows XP machine back in 2004/2005 and it didn't even run the game.

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

There aren't enough clapping gifs, or videos, on the entire internet, to properly applaud CD Projekt Red.

I'm so happy that it's them making Cyberpunk 2077

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I bought Witcher 3 for this very reason, because CDPR cares about its fans and doesn't penalize them for purchasing their game by restricting it with DRM. I bought it at full price as well.

Any game today that comes with a form of DRM I tend to wait for the price to drop.  

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

On 7/21/2016 at 3:40 PM, Atmos said:

Keep in mind CD projekt red also is one of the few groups that actively dmca's cracking/piracy groups, and has actually managed to keep availability low of the torrent, because most of these guys hilariously enough do actually comply with the dmca.

It sounds super backwards, but last time I was researching cracks, it came to my attention that for such a damn popular game, it had almost no safe torrents on any of the major groups' sites, which struck me as really weird, so i looked into it a little further. Turns out they just keep dmca'ing the torrents as they pop up.

Honestly I wouldn't mind more companies doing this. It's not that I support piracy as an industry but I do hate companies that use drm and stuff that are more of a problem for legitimate consumers than pirates. A strong whack-a-mole strategy combined with drm-free stuff is the best.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

waiting for the whole complete game with all dlc to go on sale

i can't afford the full price, just keep on waiting......

This ! THIS is what Ubisoft/Ea/Rockstar should do, belive in the customer.

Cause let's face it, CDPR hit the nail on its head on this one. They belived in us, delivered a AWSOME game, plus dlc free of charge. Take notes this is how you create something worth buying. To bad I have to wait 2 months to buy it, and I dont even dare pirate this game, my repesct to this company is to much to pirate this game.