Audio Setups

Torand
Interface: Presonus 44VSL

Headphones: Audio-Technica ATH-M50

Microphone: Electro-Voice RE27

The ATH-M50s where a real pain to get in Canada. Had to fork out a ton for shipping and customs to Amazon because Canadian dealers had them way overpriced at the time.

I got my m-50s for about 160 to 170 shipped off of ebay to alberta canada.

**CAVEAT**

watch out for fake M-50's there are a bunch floating out there. the biggest telltale sign is the flipped audio technica logos on the cans when they are resting flat.

Corsair vengeance 2000 headset.

audio tehcnica ath M-50

audio technica ath AD700

logitech z506

yamaha yst ms201

Xonar DX

I am not a typical user, since that is my job, but there it is:

Work:

Mykerinos DSP (Old model, but still very good sound) > AES/EBU connection to a Yamaha DM 1000 > Analog control room output to a Genelec 1032A Speakers

After working with Genelec Monitors for more than 10 years I am so used to the Flat Frequency Response of the Genelec, that it did not matter much for me what was I going to use at home. Everything else sounded unreal (BAD) to me. So it was clear that I will get Genelec for my home too, but since the price tag is astronomical I am still using the Optical out of my integrated PC sound card to a Pioneer VSX-908RDS Receiver and a couple of 3way JAMO speakers (this are 10 years old and i can't remember the exact model). The perception of sound is totally individual, but I think the sound of my home set up is better than probably 90% of the PC speakers on the market.

I think the good sound quality is like the "fastest gaming config".

There is always a better solution and the best for me is not the best for everyone else.

So my advice is: Don't search for a best solution on the internet. No one can't guess what you are going to like.

736700_210518325751904_216753787_o.jpg

Shure SRH 440 out of a Xonar DX

Sennheiser HD 203 out of the Xonar DX too.

Genius SF-6000 200W 5.1 surround.

Sony MDR-X50LP for out and about listening on a Nokia 610.

Not gonna count any lower end stuff I own, just logitech and philips stuff.

DAC/HP Amp.: Audinst HUD MX-1

Amplifier: System Fidelity SA-270 (capacitors in signal path upgraded to Elna Silmic II)

Speakers: Cambridge Audio S30

Subwoofer: XTZ 99 W12.16

Cables: mostly Cordial

Headphones: Beyerdynamik DT1350, Beyerdynamik DT990(old), AKG K500, AKG K450

soon Sennheiser HD800

Xonar STX to Sony MDR V6 studio Monitors

Corsair 650 D Case  - I7 2700k OC to 4.5  - 16 gb 1866 corsair vengeance ram  - 7970 OC 1200 MHz Clock speed stock memory speed  - Xonar STX  - ASUS Maximus IV EXTREME-Z  - Corsair AX850 PS  - 2TB HardDrive - Corsair Force 3 240GB SSD as the boot disk for windows 7 Pro  - Das Ultimate Silent Keyboard  - Razer Deathadder Mouse  - Sony MDR V6 Studio Monitoring Headphones  - 2Benq G2420HD Monitors

All hooked up on balanced cables' date=' and for anyone not using balanced cables, go get some now! Never use RCA. :)[/quote']

What's so bad about RCA/Unbalanced cables?

"If you have a dream don't wait. Act."

~Axel, Kingdom Hearts II

All hooked up on balanced cables' date=' and for anyone not using balanced cables, go get some now! Never use RCA. :)[/quote']

Over runs above 2m or in amongst power cables they can pick up huge amounts of interference.

What about the Schiit PYST ones? I was going to pair those with the M&M combo and their 6 inches long. That should be fine? And if it's on top of a desk and all the power cables are underneath it on the floor some 2 foot above it shouldn't really be a problem? Is the sound quality the same though?

~Axel, Kingdom Hearts II

They'll be fine - it's when you start sending RCA over like 6 feet to the other side of the room or something that it can begin to get messy.

Beautiful, glad to know! :)

~Axel, Kingdom Hearts II

ASUS Xonar Essence ST

M-Audio AV-40s

M-Audio Fast Track

Blue Yeti Mic

In the market for new headphones.

Auzentech Hometheater

Logitech Z-5500

Sony MDR-xb700 headphones

Asus Xonar DGX 5.1 Soundcard.

CM Storm Sirus S 5.1 surround headset.

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

Asus Xonar STX - Beyerdynamic DT-770 also some 598's

Swan H4's and a H10 sub, love em.

Currently, Logitech Z623 2.1 speakers, on-board audio on laptop/desktop.

Sennheiser HD555 headphones (slowly falling apart...),

Sennheiser HD215 headphones (not as good sound quality as the HD555's, but good enough for my needs),

Turtle Beach X12 headset.

The main benefit to using balanced cables ia noise cancellation and better sound due to the way the cable gets rid of anything that is not the original signal. Basically 2 pins send a signal, they are compared and anything that is different is cancelled out. I can explain it in a complete technical way if you'd like with all the info on how it works. BUT, you will really only notice a difference between a dedicated sound card (designed for audio recording and processing) and studio monitors as they support multiple unbalanced and balanced inputs. RCA is a good system, I was meaning that in the way of if you've spent £700 on speakers, £400 on a sound card and then are using RCA cables... xD

in my computer i have a Xonar Xense with the Senn. PC-350 headset

outside i have a Xonar Essense One going out to a pair of KRK RP8 studio monitors and a 10S sub with a 85Hz LPF

I'm running an Asus Xonar Essence STX with a set of Sennnheiser PC350's. The card is excellent however to get the PC350's to perform at their best you have to tweak the EQ as they do lack bass when stock.

Asus Xonar Essence STX hooked up to a pair of Microlabs Solo 7c 2.0 Speakers.

Current Rig:

Case: CM Storm Mid Tower | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V CPU: Intel i7 (1155) 2600k @ 3.4GHz | Ram: Ballistix Tracer DDR3 4x4GB GPU:  XFX HD Radeon XXX DD 6870 | Sound Card: Asus Xonar Essence STX  | Power Suply: OCZ 1000W  |  Boot Drive: 2 x WD Raptors 300GB in Raid 0 | Storage: Samsung SpinPoint T3 1TB | OS: Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit 

Project Zero (In Progress)

Case: Silverstone TJ07 I Motherboard: MSI z87-G45 Gaming | CPU: Intel i5-4570k | Ram: Ballistix Tracer DDR3 4x4GB GPU: 2X MSI R9 290X 4GB (x-fire) Sound Card: Asus Xonar Essence STX Power Supply: Corsair RM 850W | Boot Drive: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | Cooling: Custom loop (cpu+gpu's)

#killedmywife

Tascam US-122MKII

Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 250 ohm

Tascam is also great for recording stuff.

Tascam+Beyerdynamic=amazing!

CPU: i5 2500K (@ stock for now) GPU: Gigabyte GTX650Ti OC MOBO: Intel P67 RAM: 2x4GB Kingston (@1333MHz) PSU: 550w Xilence CASE: Generic :D MONITOR: Dell U2412M (24', 1200p 16:10) MOUSE: Acme something KB: Logitech K260

Just out of curiosity, what are people using for mics? Anyone running something other than a headset?

Personally I was on a Shure KSM42 however as I'm now only using it for TS3 and Skype i've dropped it to a Shure SM58. What's yours?

Getting a Blue Snowball soon. For now, I use some cheap mic.

CPU: i5 2500K (@ stock for now) GPU: Gigabyte GTX650Ti OC MOBO: Intel P67 RAM: 2x4GB Kingston (@1333MHz) PSU: 550w Xilence CASE: Generic :D MONITOR: Dell U2412M (24', 1200p 16:10) MOUSE: Acme something KB: Logitech K260

My setup:

Onboard audio (dumping an old Creative Sound Blaster Audigy from my old PC in right now) --> Nikko NA-990 --> Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm and Radiotehnika Norsk Audio 50.

Been a long time fan of the DT990s (you can see the old ones in the background)

Don't pay attention to the CRT monitor, it's there for my old PC.

post-4385-13667860933145_thumb.jpg

post-4385-13667860935029_thumb.jpg

post-4385-1366786093878_thumb.jpg

My setup,

Line magnetic mini 218IA --> Rogers 65th anniversary LS3/5A

Just using a 3.5 to rca adaptor for the mini tube amp.

Always invest more into your headphone/loudspeaker than into the DAC/AMP.

With over 200$ you can get a really good entry level hifi headphone like the DT770 Pro (closed) or 990 Pro (open). They both have very much bass, if you like something more neutral go for the AKG 601 (if you can still get them anywhere) or the AKG 272.

As soundcard i would say something like a Xonar DGX and for a mic it depends, Zalman Clipmic (around 10$), Modmic (around 35$) would be good choices, if you want something better you can get for example a Blue Snowball usb mic.

I agree with Rhizo, you can simply hear everything with them!