Audio Setups

Torand

I'm a pretty big fan of my Logitech Z-5500 with the onboard optical audio. I know some people say that it's too bassy with not enough highs, but they sound pretty amazing to me.

Interface: Presonus 44VSL

Headphones: Audio-Technica ATH-M50

Microphone: Electro-Voice RE27

The ATH-M50s where a real pain to get in Canada. Had to fork out a ton for shipping and customs to Amazon because Canadian dealers had them way overpriced at the time.

I know that feel bro.

Asus Xonar DG -> Behringer MA400 -> DT 990 Pro

Enjoying it a fair amount, especially for the low budget point. I think spending anymore would only get me dimminishing returns in terms of audio quality to price ratio.

Just out of curiosity, what are people using for mics? Anyone running something other than a headset?

Personally I was on a Shure KSM42 however as I'm now only using it for TS3 and Skype i've dropped it to a Shure SM58. What's yours?

I use the Blue Snowball USB Mic, i can't stand headsets, always use hifi headphones with standalone microphone.

Sound Card: Pro-Ject USB box

Amp: Onkyo 9155 Stereo

Speakers: Polestar Vanguard V-R1 that are sitting on Vibration reduction pads

balanced cables

post-845-13667860297662_thumb.jpg

XEON 1230 v2 / AMD R9 280x / 8GB DDR3 / Adata XPG SX900 256GB SSD / Corsair 300R Side Window / Corsair CX500M / Corsair M65 Green

Onboard sound (I hate it it sounds so bad) and a old Technics reciver that is like 26 years old and its probly going to die soon with some old speakers that go along with it but they still kick ass and rattle the walls =D

Old hifi components almost can't die, and if they do you can repair them easy for only a couple bugs.

I have an accuphase amp from the 80s, had to repair it once and it's still better than almost every modern stereo amp

So guys' date=' what audio setups are we rocking? Post anything here from headphones to full blown 7.1 surround systems as a cinema setup. My current config: KRK Rokit Powered 5 G2's (pair) KRK 10s G2 Motu 8Pre (Firewire) M-Audio Fast Track Ultra All hooked up on balanced cables, and for anyone not using balanced cables, go get some now! Never use RCA. :) Anyone in need of audio advice as well, feel free to post. Been in audio for around 4 years prior to doing my Computer Science course, so i'd like to think i know a thing or too so feel free to test me on that. Hardware, software, anything. :P Have a good stay! :D[/quote']

I had the KRKs Rokit 5 G2's .. Very good speakers (had to sell them). Still have a master volume controller leftover the "SM Pro Audio Nano Patch Plus black/blue"

give me a shout if your interested.. I have no need for it. Just laying around.

XEON 1230 v2 / AMD R9 280x / 8GB DDR3 / Adata XPG SX900 256GB SSD / Corsair 300R Side Window / Corsair CX500M / Corsair M65 Green

Nice setups in here!

Gasho, nice master controller there but i have the Motu for that xD

ESI UGM96 -> AKG K701

Just a simple setup with a DAC and headphones.

I often use my cheap shotgun mic (can't remember the brand) for skype/mumble etc. But it's a pretty big hassle to get everything hooked up (it requires a preamp with phantom power) so I might pick up a dedicated USB mic in the future..

Hey guys,

i use my Xonar DX and Sennheiser PC 360 and I looove this setup! I got some crappy medion Speakers in the frontpanel for some cases, but i dont use them often.

I had a Roccat Kave bevore and i hate it in comparison to the sennheiser. everything was shit, 5.1, mic broke fast and sound quality!

Helge

Mine's pretty basic

Modded Monoprice 8323s running through Blue Yeti Microphone audio line. Sounds pretty good for what it is but I'm looking to upgrade to something better in the near future

Currently making slight adjustments and tweaks to my Fostex t50RPs

The ugly piece of paper is a custom suspension headband that works wonders for comfort!

Image exceeded the 1mb limit, guess I have to learn how to downscale photos now!

I am currently using:

Lexicon Alpha Soundcard (Upgrading this soon)

A pair of KRK Rokit RP6.

Rig: CPU: 1x quad core potato(4.6GHz). Cooling: Iced Tea. GPU: AMD HDToaster. Motherboard: Asus "Stale Bread Extreme Edition". RAM: 2x 4GB sticks of 1600MHz celery. PSU: 650w Roborovski Hamster in wheel.  Storage: Many Floppy Disks. 

I'm using a pair of Sennheiser HD 280 Pros and I'm getting a FiiO E07K in the mail soon. Nothing too special, but it's decent for casual music listening. The 280s have terrific passive noise isolation and I use them whenever I'm drumming.

Hey! I'm in need of some advice buying good soundcard!

I will use the Sennheiser 360 Game headset, Or would you recommend anything else?

My budget is around 200$ and the soundcard must support atleast 5.1 surround sound for my speaker setup!

I'm currently using a pair of Roland DS30A studio monitors combined with the Logitech z623 (with onboard sound... But that's why i ned help finding a soundcard!)

200$ just for the sound card or for the sound card and the headset?

Is hifi headphones + standalone mic an option for you?

Asus Xonar DG -> Beyerdynamic DT-770 (80 Ohm)

I used to have a pair of AKG K-272 wich i considered as a bit too clear sounding for me. Bought a pair of DT-770 and I haven't regret it, sounds so much more balanced than the AKG's in my hopinion.

Always invest more into your headphone/loudspeaker than into the DAC/AMP.

With over 200$ you can get a really good entry level hifi headphone like the DT770 Pro (closed) or 990 Pro (open). They both have very much bass, if you like something more neutral go for the AKG 601 (if you can still get them anywhere) or the AKG 272.

As soundcard i would say something like a Xonar DGX and for a mic it depends, Zalman Clipmic (around 10$), Modmic (around 35$) would be good choices, if you want something better you can get for example a Blue Snowball usb mic.

With over 200$ you can get a really good entry level hifi headphone like the DT770 Pro (closed) or 990 Pro (open). They both have very much bass, if you like something more neutral go for the AKG 601 (if you can still get them anywhere) or the AKG 272.

As soundcard i would say something like a Xonar DGX and for a mic it depends, Zalman Clipmic (around 10$), Modmic (around 35$) would be good choices, if you want something better you can get for example a Blue Snowball usb mic.

Thanks for the feedback! I will look it up! Beyerdynamics VS Sennheiser? :) When it comes to microphones.. I've got some layin' around :) Currently using the MXL V69 Mogami edition. So Go for Asus? Not creative? :)

ASUS Xonar STX

Sennheiser HD650

Thinking about getting an AMP/DAC, any suggestions?

I've heard the same things from some friends, i've had som sennheiser headphones befor and i really liked them, that's a good idea! I really want the best possible audio for the price! And at the sane time be able to play games with that ''beefy'' sound.. :)

Xonar DSX with some yamaha amp and technics speakers. also have sennheiser cx200 but yeahhh... they do sound quite ok with the dsx though. when compared to onboard or my phone and especially ipod touch - why to they even call it a music device?

~non cogito, ergo non sum?~