Big upgrade to current build.

Hi guys

So in the next couple of weeks i'm going to upgrading my current build (which you can see in my signature) to almost a whole new PC, this new build will not only be used as my main at home but also for any LAN events that I will be attending. I've got a rough idea of the components that I am going to buy, but at the minute I am a little stuck on a few things. My budget is around £900. The list i have come up with:

CPU: Intel i7 6700k

Motherboard: Either ASUS Hero VIII or Sabertooth Mark 1 or mATX

Case: Stuck between Corsair 400c, Phanteks Pro M Acrylic, NZXT S340 or a mATX case

RAM: 2x8GB DDR4-3000

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

PSU: EVGA 750W G2 Gold

The components that i will be keeping from my old build are:

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

GPU: MSI GTX 970

SSD:Crucial M500 240GB

So most of my build is pretty much ready to be bought, but i'm struggling on finding a case that is both suitable for LAN and also being comparable to the 400c or the S340 in build quality and being as aesthetically pleasing, whilst keeping within the same price bracket.

If anybody has any input on this build whether it be recommendations on what to change or if you could help me with the case issue then it would be greatly appreciated!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE 24/07/2016:

This is the final build that I will be ordering later on today: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/scWMZ8

Now that I've decided on what components i'm getting, seeing as this is going to be my first complete new build that I myself will be building by myself, I need to know what drivers to get for the motherboard. If anyone could help me out on that then that would be very helpful!

CPU Intel i7-6700k | Motherboard ASUS Maximus Hero VIII | GPU MSI GTX 970 | RAM 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz | Cooling Noctua NH-D15 | Storage 240GB Crucial M500; 2TB Seagate Barracuda | PSU EVGA 850w | Case Phatek Enthoo Pro M Acrylic

Take a look at the Bitfenix Prodigy M: It's mATX and also quite good looking imo.

You can probably also go down with your PSU a bit. 500W would most likely be enough, even with overclocking.

I would recommend the bequiet! Pure Power L9 series here. It's 80+ Silver, 500W, mostly modular and has sleeved / mostly flat cables.

I think that cpu is a totall over kill considering you're gpu

Have you consider building a mini-ITX system? 

It looks good and easier to carry around since you are planning on going to LAN events.

Anyways  your build is very nice nothing much to suggest, though I would say you already have a good psu. I would recommend keeping it.

5 minutes ago, Kopil Goyary said:

Have you consider building a mini-ITX system? 

It looks good and easier to carry around since you are planning on going to LAN events.

Anyways  your build is very nice nothing much to suggest, though I would say you already have a good psu. I would recommend keeping it.

The problem with this PSU is that the CPU power connector is too short, at the minute im having to run it under my cooler and it only just reaches ahah. I'm also going to be selling my old rig to a friend, minus the SSD and CPU cooler of course.

CPU Intel i7-6700k | Motherboard ASUS Maximus Hero VIII | GPU MSI GTX 970 | RAM 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz | Cooling Noctua NH-D15 | Storage 240GB Crucial M500; 2TB Seagate Barracuda | PSU EVGA 850w | Case Phatek Enthoo Pro M Acrylic

38 minutes ago, ThatGamingFox said:

Take a look at the Bitfenix Prodigy M: It's mATX and also quite good looking imo.

You can probably also go down with your PSU a bit. 500W would most likely be enough, even with overclocking.

I would recommend the bequiet! Pure Power L9 series here. It's 80+ Silver, 500W, mostly modular and has sleeved / mostly flat cables.

I totally forgot about that little beauty of a case ahah.

10 minutes ago, alarikaxo said:

I think that cpu is a totall over kill considering you're gpu

Would you recommend that i get the 6600k instead?

Okay.

Your system will run perfectly even with 700W(850W on your part list is way much).

And i5-6600K is good but having i7 makes it easy for you to get a better gpu in future.(If you are not planning on changing your gpu for next 1-2 years, getting an i5 will save you a lot and you can get a M.2 storageB|).

If you are planning to use your system for streaming and video editing, get i7. 

I guess there is no point in getting i5 if you already have the budget for i7.

6 hours ago, BigChimp97 said:

Would you recommend that i get the 6600k instead?

yea it's still overkill. you could buy a cheper one spend more on you're GPU.

Bump