Why do people hate the G402?

ivan134
2 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

"quality" is not I would call them, if it was "quality" then none of their mice have sensor rattle and they would be able to make GOOD speakers that sound good, BUT THEY DON'T, they would also be able to make good headsets, BUT THEY ARE SHIT AT IT. They would also not use kalih switches, but they do. They would also have a better quality control.

Don't come here with that: Oh their speakers sound good and are a good value, all the big audio guys including me says something completely different.

Anything can last a long time if you treat it well.

Look, this is the last comment I will make about this, but as other users said, no one has ever heard of sensor rattle in that specific mouse, so that argument is gone.

And of course everyone knows that Logitech products aren't for audiophiles, then again that's entirely not the audience they're aiming for. A Volkswagen Polo is a nice car with good value, but if you compare it to a Ferrari of course it will lack behind, that doesn't take away the fact that the Polo is a good car. See where I'm going with this? 

Anyway, as I said, this is the last comment I will make in this topic, but please don't say Logitech is 'mediocre' while that's entirely not the case.

CPU: Core i5 4690k                                                   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M                     RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury Red                             

GPU: RX 580                                                             Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 240GB                  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 520W

Case: NZXT S340 red/black                                      Case lighting: NZXT Hue+                          Mouse: Logitech G502

Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo                     Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit

Just now, JorenBus said:

SNIP

YOU CAN GET BETTER THINGS FOR THE SAME PRICE DONE!

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

2 hours ago, Prysin said:

The G502 Proteus Spectrum seems to have a similar shape to the MX Master and is all black with an RGB logo and costs about the same as the MX Master how is that cancer or cancerous?

I'm planning on using a G610 and G502 in my first build that I'm hoping to build around October to November. To be honest, it looks nice and if it is truly mediocre shit, at least that isn't absolute shit.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

8 hours ago, Dackzy said:

"quality" is not I would call them, if it was "quality" then none of their mice have sensor rattle and they would be able to make GOOD speakers that sound good, BUT THEY DON'T, they would also be able to make good headsets, BUT THEY ARE SHIT AT IT. They would also not use kalih switches, but they do. They would also have a better quality control.

Don't come here with that: Oh their speakers sound good and are a good value, all the big audio guys including me says something completely different.

Anything can last a long time if you treat it well.

Logitech probably has the highest quality mice on the market, I don't see Steelseries making a mouse that feels higher quality than Logitech's G900, G602, G502, G402, I don't see one from Zowie, the only company that makes similar if not higher quality is Corsair with their aluminium body in the M65. Logitech has massively improved their products ever since their new G gaming and "Science wins" motto.  Their build quality is solid the materials used are solid. They use the best sensor available in the world. The only thing from Logitech's lineup that is sort of "cheap" is the G302/G303. However, i still use it to play CSGO. I agree that lighter mouse means better usage in FPS games, i agree but Logitech is nowhere near "mediocre". They make the most solid mouse. They have excellent customer support (guess what you would expect from the biggest company out of all the other competitors). Yes there are some other mouse better for FPS, Finalmouse makes better FPS mouse than Logitech but their build quality is sub-par. Zowie's are great but again their quality is similar to the G303. I would also say G303 is my preferred option over my Zowie EC2-A to use to play CSGO at GE level just because of that really nice 3366 sensor.

Also please don't spout nonsense if you don't know anything, Logitech's headsets are fine, their choice of earcups and comfortability may be an arguable but like other "gaming" headsets their audio quality is perfectly fine. Also Logitech does not use Kaihl switches, and they never had. They used Cherry MX switches then moved onto Romer-G switches which are manufactured by Omron, in terms of quality check, i would say Omron's are above Cherry, the feeling is debatable though. They also now have Cherry MX switches available as well. Also if you don't know, Logitech's speakers are really good value, sure their top models can't compete with other very high end audiophile companies but for value they are very good.

49 minutes ago, MenSuRx said:

SNIP

1. Build materials does not equal build quality, you can use the nicest materials ever, but not put them very well together

2. I have played CSS on high level and I do still play CSGO on high level and most of the people I have talked to have owned 2-3 Logitech mice and atleast 1 of them has had a fault.

3. Okay fair enough I mixed up the switch, BUT they are more wobly and already 6 of my friends has gotten a omron keyboard from them that worked fine for 1-2 months and then a switch broke.

4. Dude don't come here with gaming headsets are fine, they are utter freaking shit, I can beat 100$ headsets in terms of audio quality for about 40$, I have a experiance with over 100 headphones/headsets, so I have tried a lot of gaming headsets and headphones and the only ones that are okay value when it comes to headsets is the HyperX cloud, Games Zero/One, ATH-ADG1X and ATH-AG1X

5. No their speakers are not good, sure they might sound okay for people who does not have any experiance, BUT I can tell you that you can get better speakers for the same kind of money or even cheaper.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

20 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

1. Build materials does not equal build quality, you can use the nicest materials ever, but not put them very well together

2. I have played CSS on high level and I do still play CSGO on high level and most of the people I have talked to have owned 2-3 Logitech mice and atleast 1 of them has had a fault.

3. Okay fair enough I mixed up the switch, BUT they are more wobly and already 6 of my friends has gotten a omron keyboard from them that worked fine for 1-2 months and then a switch broke.

4. Dude don't come here with gaming headsets are fine, they are utter freaking shit, I can beat 100$ headsets in terms of audio quality for about 40$, I have a experiance with over 100 headphones/headsets, so I have tried a lot of gaming headsets and headphones and the only ones that are okay value when it comes to headsets is the HyperX cloud, Games Zero/One, ATH-ADG1X and ATH-AG1X

5. No their speakers are not good, sure they might sound okay for people who does not have any experiance, BUT I can tell you that you can get better speakers for the same kind of money or even cheaper.

1. Logitech knows what they're doing. They have much smarter people than you work and develop their products after millions of dollar into research. They are more than capable of putting them well together, which they have. G502 and G402 are absolutely sturdy and when you hold them, you can feel it being sturdy (but they could've still cut down on the weights)

2. Your "friends" of 2-3 does not account for the millions of people who have bought Logitech mice. Bring me a proper fact of the overall faults in their mice.

3. Same thing applies as 2. All your talking is coming from your claim that Logitech is bad due to 2 people having a defective unit or them being paranoid about the smallest issues that might not even be an issue. I can show you many complaints about Cherry switches on the internet, still doesn't mean Cherry is bad.

4. I never said gaming headsets are good. if you actually read properly, i imply that gaming headsets are rather below average in terms of audio quality. I also don't believe you have over experience with over 100 headphones but not going to bother on that point. Normal headphones will most generally produce better sound quality than gaming headsets, that's a fact that i don't disagree with. I said, Logitech's audio quality on their headset is completely fine for a $50 gaming headset compared to OTHER GAMING HEADSETS AROUND THE SAME COST, their main issue is their comfortability. Of course, i'm not saying logitech makes the best gaming headsets either.

5. Logitech makes speakers for the general use, cheap and decent. They don't have to be brilliant, they also don't cost ridiculous amounts of money which the speakers your thinking of does. Like i said, they won't beat audiophile level speakers that costs ALOT, but they are good bang for their buck.

Also the thread is about the G402 mouse so lets keep your arguments strictly to their gaming peripherals. 

33 minutes ago, MenSuRx said:

1. Logitech knows what they're doing. They have much smarter people than you work and develop their products after millions of dollar into research. They are more than capable of putting them well together, which they have. G502 and G402 are absolutely sturdy and when you hold them, you can feel it being sturdy (but they could've still cut down on the weights)

Yes, but there will always be some problems with some products and I don't see why you guys are going after me like that, just because I say what has happened to some of my friends.

2. Your "friends" of 2-3 does not account for the millions of people who have bought Logitech mice. Bring me a proper fact of the overall faults in their mice.

I have talked to OTHER high players at lans and all that, that had owned 2-3 logitech mice and they all had one with some problems this means that for those people I have talked to 33% or more of logitech mice have a problem, I know that this is not even close to the real number. The real number when you look at all their mice is maybe 0.5%.

3. Same thing applies as 2. All your talking is coming out from your ass with your claim that Logitech is bad due to 2 people having a defective unit or them being paranoid about the smallest issues that might not even be an issue. I see show you many complaints about Cherry switches on the internet, still doesn't mean Cherry is bad.

I am not talking from my ass, but I am starting to think you are, it was 6 people not 2, Cherry is also not perfect, but my friends and I has had better experiance with those than any other type of switch and we have tried a LOT.

4. I never said gaming headsets are good. if you actually read properly, i imply that gaming headsets are rather below average in terms of audio quality. I also don't believe you have over experience with over 100 headphones so whatever on that. Normal headphones will most generally produce better sound quality than gaming headsets, thats a fact that i don't disagree with. I said, Logitech's audio quality on their headset is completely fine for a $50 gaming headset compared to (read this part and process it carefully so you can understand its meaning, i'll even write it in caps) OTHER GAMING HEADSETS AROUND THE SAME COST, their main issue is their comfortability.

you said that their audio quality is perfectly fine, but it is not. Gaming headsets are way below average when we talk audio quality. Dude I have been to over 10 audiophile meet ups and you try well over 20 headphones at those and I know lots of people who are into audio and lot of people who just buy gaming headsets, I have tried every single logitech, steelseries, razer, kingston, sennheiser, Audio-techica, Beyerdynamic, Astro, Roccat, Tritton and Corsair headset, not every single pair of headphones they have.

5. Logitech makes speakers for the general use, cheap and decent. They don't have to be brilliant, they also don't cost ridiculous amounts of money which the speakers your thinking of does. Like i said, they won't beat audiophile level speakers that costs ALOT, but they are good bang for their buck.

I have never said that they need to be brilliant or that you need to spend a ridiculous amount on them, I don't know were you are getting that from at all, I am just saying that you can get better speakers for the same money. Lastly no they are not a good bang for the bug, all the big audio heads here on the forum would say the same.

Also the thread is about the G402 mouse so lets keep your arguments strictly to their gaming peripherals. Before you spread some more incorrect information.

I'm starting to doubt your knowledge and arguments just from the fact that you got a simple but massive information wrong about Logitech using Kailh switches.

I have not spread a single incorrect information, you have on the other hand, by claiming good value with speakers and all that. Well I am doubting you, since you seem like you are just defending Logitech even though I have just said what has happend to my friends and I. Tell me were I have had informantion wrong? Sure I switched up the switches, but we all make mistakes sometimes, it is very hard not to make a little mistake sometimes.

I have just said that I have experianced sensor rattle with the G402 and the bad things that has happend to my friends and I with some of their product and with most mice you do not even notice sensor rattle, but with some the mice it will be a big problem, depends on how much sensor rattle. All I am doing is showing you guys that Logitech is not this GOD brand that some of you think it is.

I loved my old G500 with all my hearth because, that was the mouse that helped me onto the semi pro scene, but I cannot defend a company that I have seen so many of my friends having problems with and I think that people should know that, even though they are so god damn big now and has such a huge following that, they still have some problems and that they are not the best of the best.

1 minute ago, Dackzy said:

Yes, but there will always be some problems with some products and I don't see why you guys are going after me like that, just because I say what has happened to some of my friends.

I have talked to OTHER high players at lans and all that, that had owned 2-3 logitech mice and they all had one with some problems this means that for those people I have talked to 33% or more of logitech mice have a problem, I know that this is not even close to the real number. The real number when you look at all their mice is maybe 0.5%.

I am not talking from my ass, biut I am starting to think you are, it was 6 people not 2, Cherry is also not perfect, but my friends and I has had better experiance with those than any other type of switch and we have tried a LOT.

you said that their audio quality is perfectly fine, but it is not. Gaming headsets are way below average when we talk audio quality. Dude I have been to over 10 audiophile meet ups and you try well over 20 headphones at those and I know lots of people who are into audio and lot of people who just buy gaming headsets, I have tried every single logitech, steelseries, razer, kingston, sennheiser, Audio-techica, Beyerdynamic, Astro, Roccat, Tritton and Corsair headset, not every single pair of headphones they have.

I have never said that they need to be brilliant or that you need to spend a ridiculous amount on them, I don't know were you are getting that from at all, I am just saying that you can get better speakers for the same money. Lastly no they are not a good bang for the bug, all the big audio heads here on the forum would say the same.

I have not spread a single incorrect information, you have on the other hand, by claiming good value with speakers and all that. Well I am doubting you, since you seem like you are just defending Logitech even though I have just said what has happend to my friends and I. Tell me were I have had informantion wrong? Sure I switched up the switches, but we all make mistakes sometimes, it is very hard not to make a little mistake sometimes.

I have just said that I have experianced sensor rattle with the G402 and the bad things that has happend to my friends and I with some of their product and with most mice you do not even notice sensor rattle, but with some the mice it will be a big problem, depends on how much sensor rattle. All I am doing is showing you guys that Logitech is not this GOD brand that some of you think it is.

I loved my old G500 with all my hearth because, that was the mouse that helped me onto the semi pro scene, but I cannot defend a company that I have seen so many of my friends having problems with and I think that people should know that, even though they are so god damn big now and has such a huge following that, they still have some problems and that they are not the best of the best.

Okay, lets just stick with that, and thats your opinion. I'm 100% fine on that. Since this argument is getting heated up, i have gone and re-edited some of my choice of words there and i would like to apologize. Your opinion is yours and my opinion is mine.

12 minutes ago, MenSuRx said:

Okay, lets just stick with that, and thats your opinion. I'm 100% fine on that. Since this argument is getting heated up, i have gone and re-edited some of my choice of words there and i would like to apologize. Your opinion is yours and my opinion is mine.

I would also like to apologize for getting a little heated :) 

Oh well have a nice day :)