Why do people hate the G402?

ivan134

I'm considering getting this to replace what seems like my dying G400, but I've heard some people complain about it in the past. Should I not bother with it?

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Its actually a very good mouse. I have it, and i love it. Of course the G502 is better and i would say for everyday use, pay a bit more and get G502, but i traded my G502 back for a G402 since its lighter.

Where exactly do people 'hate' the G402? Sounds like nonsense, I have the mouse and it's fucking great.

CPU: Core i5 4690k                                                   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M                     RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury Red                             

GPU: RX 580                                                             Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 240GB                  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 520W

Case: NZXT S340 red/black                                      Case lighting: NZXT Hue+                          Mouse: Logitech G502

Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo                     Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit

It's Logitech so that says enough.

Buy it.

E7-8890 V3 x2 , 12TB DDR4 @ 1866, Quadro K6000's + 2x GTX 1080's.

G402 is great

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

sensor rattle, meh quality control, a semi heavy mouse so not that great for fps.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

13 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

sensor rattle, meh quality control, a semi heavy mouse so not that great for fps.

I got it and it's light af, comparable to my g400. Not sure how this is considered heavy. What do you mean by sensor rattle?

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

17 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

it doesn't have sensor rattle, your getting mixed up with the G303, i agree its semi heavy but its not too bad.

4 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

I got it and it's light af, comparable to my g400. Not sure how this is considered heavy. What do you mean by sensor rattle?

the mouse is what 150g or so if I remember correctly, a typical high level FPS player says/wants a mouse around 100g, because it is the best for them. Sensor rattle is when the sensor can move a little or the plastic over the sensor can move a bit and then the cursor can move a little

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

4 minutes ago, QRCodeKiller said:

it doesn't have sensor rattle, your getting mixed up with the G303, i agree its semi heavy but its not too bad.

no it does, a couple of my friend had it and they all had sensor rattle.

3 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

the mouse is what 150g or so if I remember correctly, a typical high level FPS player says/wants a mouse around 100g, because it is the best for them. Sensor rattle is when the sensor can move a little or the plastic over the sensor can move a bit and then the cursor can move a little

The thing about the weight is complete BS. Plenty of CS:GO pro players use the G402. It's just a matter of preference. 

It's also the first time ever I've heard about this 'sensor rattle'. I've had this mouse for 1,5 year now and haven't had a single issue with it.

CPU: Core i5 4690k                                                   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M                     RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury Red                             

GPU: RX 580                                                             Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 240GB                  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 520W

Case: NZXT S340 red/black                                      Case lighting: NZXT Hue+                          Mouse: Logitech G502

Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo                     Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit

9 minutes ago, JorenBus said:

The thing about the weight is complete BS. Plenty of CS:GO pro players use the G402. It's just a matter of preference. 

It's also the first time ever I've heard about this 'sensor rattle'. I've had this mouse for 1,5 year now and haven't had a single issue with it.

Well you see with a light mouse it is easier to make flick shots really fast, sure there are some that use it, but most csgo pro players game with a lighter mouse, with a lighter mouse it is generally easier to do the faster movements. Well you see most people do not check for this and it is far from all that has it, but some do, just like it is not all g303 that has it.

9 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

Well you see with a light mouse it is easier to make flick shots really fast, sure there are some that use it, but most csgo pro players game with a lighter mouse, with a lighter mouse it is generally easier to do the faster movements. Well you see most people do not check for this and it is far from all that has it, but some do, just like it is not all g303 that has it.

yes the G303, is lighter and better than G402, however, the shape is horrible and THAT one has sensor rattle. G402 is not known to have sensor rattle. Its either just a defective unit or your friend being paranoid about mistakes to the smallest degree. Im holding my G402 right now and shaking it as hard as i can and no sound. When i play CSGO i use my G303, but this thread isn't about that. G402 is a fabulous mouse. Pros sponsored by Logitech will use probably use the G303, but the G402 is a fantastic mouse and is fine to play CSGO with. Warowl uses G402.

47 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

Still doesn't make any sense, having a lighter mouse doesn't mean you can flick shot faster.... That has to do with mouse sensitivity, weight of the mouse doesn't matter at all.

I could flick shot just fine in CS:GO while playing at a relatively high skill level with the G402.

1 hour ago, JorenBus said:

Still doesn't make any sense, having a lighter mouse doesn't mean you can flick shot faster.... That has to do with mouse sensitivity, weight of the mouse doesn't matter at all.

I could flick shot just fine in CS:GO while playing at a relatively high skill level with the G402.

The mouse becomes easier to control and the fast movements are easier to do IN REAL LIFE. I went from a fairly heavy mouse the G500 a lot of years back when I started to play css on high level to a deathadder and oh boy there is a huge difference in the feel and in how you end up playing, with a lighter mouse I were faster to get the aim and I became a tiny bit more precis and a lot of people who has done the same will say the same

1 hour ago, Dackzy said:

The mouse becomes easier to control and the fast movements are easier to do IN REAL LIFE. I went from a fairly heavy mouse the G500 a lot of years back when I started to play css on high level to a deathadder and oh boy there is a huge difference in the feel and in how you end up playing, with a lighter mouse I were faster to get the aim and I became a tiny bit more precis and a lot of people who has done the same will say the same

The thing you're talking about is just a simple matter of personal preference. Some people like heavy mice, some like light mice.

But the fact that a lighter mouse objectively better is than a heavy mouse, is complete BS.

1 hour ago, Prysin said:

Logitech is shit.

Their mice is cancer.

get something else. Just for the love of god. STOP BUYING MEDIOCRE SHIT

Logitech is considered a very good brand, I have no idea where you get this opinion from, but Logitech products are far, far from mediocre, and I'm sure many, many people would agree with me.

1 hour ago, Prysin said:

Logitech is shit.

Their mice is cancer.

get something else. Just for the love of god. STOP BUYING MEDIOCRE SHIT

Too late. I already bought it and I like it. I went from a G5 to G400 to the G402. Don't have a problem with Logitech.

29 minutes ago, JorenBus said:

The thing you're talking about is just a simple matter of personal preference. Some people like heavy mice, some like light mice.

But the fact that a lighter mouse objectively better is than a heavy mouse, is complete BS.

I am saying that they are prefered for FPS GAMES NOT THAT THEY ARE THE BEST EVER

28 minutes ago, JorenBus said:

Logitech is considered a very good brand, I have no idea where you get this opinion from, but Logitech products are far, far from mediocre, and I'm sure many, many people would agree with me.

they are mediocre, some people also think that Razer is a quality brand. They are just so big and popular that people think they MUST be good

40 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

I am saying that they are prefered for FPS GAMES NOT THAT THEY ARE THE BEST EVER

Just because that's your preference, doesn't mean that it's true for other people.

38 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

they are mediocre, some people also think that Razer is a quality brand. They are just so big and popular that people think they MUST be good

Mediocre how exactly? They can be a bit pricy, but you're really getting a quality product. My G500 mouse is at least 5 years old and still works perfectly. Same for my Logitech speakers, they're around 8 years old and still play music wonderfully.

6 minutes ago, JorenBus said:

Just because that's your preference, doesn't mean that it's true for other people.

Mediocre how exactly? They can be a bit pricy, but you're really getting a quality product. My G500 mouse is at least 5 years old and still works perfectly. Same for my Logitech speakers, they're around 8 years old and still play music wonderfully.

"quality" is not I would call them, if it was "quality" then none of their mice have sensor rattle and they would be able to make GOOD speakers that sound good, BUT THEY DON'T, they would also be able to make good headsets, BUT THEY ARE SHIT AT IT. They would also not use kalih switches, but they do. They would also have a better quality control.

Don't come here with that: Oh their speakers sound good and are a good value, all the big audio guys including me says something completely different.

Anything can last a long time if you treat it well.

Whoa, I arrived to the party a bit late.
The G402 is just a bit over 100 grams and has a very good optical sensor that's impossible to spin out under normal use conditions, because of the added gyro. The weight might not be perfectly balanced, but most people don't notice that with light mice. The sensor is less smoothed than the glorified PWM3310 (used by many brands, including this forum's favourite - Zowie), thus it's a very popular mouse for competitive FPS. The only things that might not appeal to some people are the extra buttons and the shape.

The statement that Logitech gaming mice are "cancer" and mediocre is completely ridiculous since they are the ones pushing the industry forward and usually have technically flawless products. And no, the G402 doesn't have a sensor rattle, that's the G303 and the issue has been already resolved.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds