Upgrade

I want to upgrade my Fx-8350. Would an i5 or i7 be a better choice? I do have a MSI 970 GPU. I mainly do gaming( GTA V, BO3, ect). Which i5 and/or i7  would be best? Thank you for your time and help!!!

i5 6600k best chip for gaming and value as of now 

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

Don't forget, you'll need to buy a new motherboard to get one with a compatible socket/chipset if you are switching to Intel from AMD, unless you already have one lying around. And if you do, what is the socket on that mobo?

i5 is a great choice but an i7 would be good for more CPU demanding games... I AM DEFINANTLY NOT TO LAZY TO LIST COU MODELS!!!

14 minutes ago, positivePXL said:

Don't forget, you'll need to buy a new motherboard to get one with a compatible socket/chipset if you are switching to Intel from AMD, unless you already have one lying around. And if you do, what is the socket on that mobo?

Yes, I am putting that into consideration. 

12 minutes ago, Darchitect said:

i5 is a great choice but an i7 would be good for more CPU demanding games... I AM DEFINANTLY NOT TO LAZY TO LIST COU MODELS!!!

That's why I cant decide. An i5 would be perfectly fine for gaming, an i7 would just be better and a little more "future proof"

24 minutes ago, Cmgroft said:

That's why I cant decide. An i5 would be perfectly fine for gaming, an i7 would just be better and a little more "future proof"

If you have no plan on changing your GPU anytime soon then get i5, if you're planning to get like GTX 1070 and above then maybe get an i7 as I heard that i5 bottlenecks those high end cards.

Just now, Ichi said:

If you have no plan on changing your GPU anytime soon then get i5, if you're planning to get like GTX 1070 and above then maybe get an i7 as I heard that i5 bottlenecks those high end cards.

I would like to have another year or two with my 970. Is the i5 6600k a good upgrade from a fx-8350?

49 minutes ago, Cmgroft said:

I would like to have another year or two with my 970. Is the i5 6600k a good upgrade from a fx-8350?

Definitely, unless you want to wait for Zen to come out.

13 hours ago, Ichi said:

No way, no how. An i5-6600k, hell, an i5-6500, wouldn't bottleneck two GTX 1080's in SLI!

How long are you looking for this upgrade to last you for because in my opinion a I5 would be fine for games today, its just the question of future proof, also what titles do you play or are planing on playing?

9 hours ago, TheGreatPlane said:

How long are you looking for this upgrade to last you for because in my opinion a I5 would be fine for games today, its just the question of future proof, also what titles do you play or are planing on playing?

I would like it to last as long as possible. I play a lot of AAA games like GTA V, BO3, Rise of the tomb raider. Also CS:GO, overwatch and games like that.