NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Reviews + Benchmarks

HKZeroFive
1 hour ago, don_svetlio said:

Don't worry, Titan P will cost 1500$ and people will fanboy over that :D

But the cooler! It's so aloominum...and industrial!! It's totally not the inadequate cooler that the first debuted on Titan 1 and now just had sex with Megatron!! 1111one

37 minutes ago, Mr_Troll said:

what a surprise nvidia beating amd at DX 11.... nothing new.... DX 12, vulkan will be a different story.... 

DX12 performance is still pie in the sky for all GPU's out right now.
We don't have a single game that actually fully uses DX12/DX12_1.

A-Sync is only a tiny part of DX12 and AMD lacks conservative rasterization as an example which allows for real time ray tracing of shadows as well as minimal performance impact on voxel based lighting models or voxel based fluid simulation.

windows-10-launch-directx-12-advanced-ap

RTX2070OC 

Well, i wasn't expecting it but here in Europe Nvidia pulled it off.

They made the decision very hard.

There are custom 1060 designs, in stock, and for the same price as the rx 480 8GB reference.

And looking at amd having no custom designs available, i don't know...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

2 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

Well, i wasn't expecting it but here in Europe Nvidia pulled it off.

They made the decision very hard.

There are custom 1060 designs, in stock, and for the same price as the rx 480 8GB reference.

And looking at amd having no custom designs available, i don't know...

Not where I am, the reference 480 is as low as £219 for 8GB model.

The Powercolor Devil 480 with a 1.4Gh clock listed at £249, so the 1060 cards are in all the price brackets from £229 to 325

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Just now, Valentyn said:

Not where I am, the reference 480 is as low as £219 for 8GB model.

The Powercolor Devil 480 with a 1.4Gh clock listed at £249, so the 1060 cards are in all the price brackets from £229 to 325

I can't order from OCUK D:

Which sucks and is very confusing because i live in belgium but they don't ship to me.

But they do ship to the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany and France which are all the countries surrounding Belgium...

Probably most of their international shipping go through Belgium but whatever O_o

Are there other UK shops that sell them for similar prices?

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

7 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

I can't order from OCUK D:

Which sucks and is very confusing because i live in belgium but they don't ship to me.

But they do ship to the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany and France which are all the countries surrounding Belgium...

Probably most of their international shipping go through Belgium but whatever O_o

Are there other UK shops that sell them for similar prices?

That really sucks! They usually ship all over the EU, I wonder what changed.

You can try Scan.co.uk, but honestly I haven't had the best experiences with their customer support for RMAs, but you can always RMA to the manufacturer since you're in the mainland.

Also interestingly the 480 is 32% faster than the 1060 in DOOM Vulkan with Ultra settings 1080p
25% faster at 1440p Ultra :o

This is even with the latest NVIDIA driver that improved Vulkan performance.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2016/07/19/nvidia_geforce_gtx_1060_founders_edition_review/4#.V44-f7grKUl

17 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

I'm glad you can actually find $250 models like the Gigabyte and PNY dual fan cards.

Evga too (all be it single fan)

38 minutes ago, JasonRoGo said:

DX12 performance is still pie in the sky for all GPU's out right now.
We don't have a single game that actually fully uses DX12/DX12_1.

A-Sync is only a tiny part of DX12 and AMD lacks conservative rasterization as an example which allows for real time ray tracing of shadows as well as minimal performance impact on voxel based lighting models or voxel based fluid simulation.

windows-10-launch-directx-12-advanced-ap

tiny part that gives rx 480 20-30% in Doom over gtx 1060

fx-8350 @4,4Ghz/sapphire r9 fury/2x 8gb Kingstone ddr3 @2030Mhz

Just now, Valentyn said:

That really sucks! They usually ship all over the EU, I wonder what changed.

You can try Scan.co.uk, but honestly I haven't had the best experiences with their customer support for RMAs, but you can always RMA to the manufacturer since you're in the mainland.

Ghaa why OCUK really they suddenly have a lot more rx 480's in pre-order and cheaper.

Oh well, let's hope things change quickly... Maybe they can figure something out i don't know but i'll contact them because this is getting stupid.

Just now, samcool55 said:

Ghaa why OCUK really they suddenly have a lot more rx 480's in pre-order and cheaper.

Oh well, let's hope things change quickly... Maybe they can figure something out i don't know but i'll contact them because this is getting stupid.

You should certainly give them a phone call, their support is top notch and hopefully they can sort something out for you.

Gibbo there said the Powercolor Devil card is due to arrive either this Friday, or early next week, and given that online posts say it's clocked with 1.4Ghz boost it looks like fantastic value for money at £249.

15 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

You should certainly give them a phone call, their support is top notch and hopefully they can sort something out for you.

Gibbo there said the Powercolor Devil card is due to arrive either this Friday, or early next week, and given that online posts say it's clocked with 1.4Ghz boost it looks like fantastic value for money at £249.

Yea sending that to belgium would cost me 340+ euros so sadly even if they would ship to me it's not really a good option...

Let's hope germany can come to the rescue and a webshop from there can get me one for a good price.

2 hours ago, don_svetlio said:

It's what we expected
480 is better value
1060 is 10% faster

Link:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mF4S5ZaXdgE

And watch as in 3 months the RX 480 is 25% faster with the driver updates that Nvidia have already pre-cooked for the 1060. Like 780 Ti vs 290x, 980 Ti vs Fury X, etc ad nauseam.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Just now, samcool55 said:

Yea sending that to belgium would cost me 340+ euros so sadly even if they would ship to me it's not really a good option...

Let's hope germany can come to the rescue and a webshop from there can get me one for a good price.

Oh man that sucks! Then again shipping to Ireland from the UK is silly as well, It's £10-27 depending on what you order.

Do have a look at Caseking.de they actually own OcUK so hopefully their prices aren't too bad on both cards.

I found it amusing looking at some of my favourite suppliers who had UK MSRP 1060 cards in stock, and one by one they disappeared so mostly higher priced cards are left. I still see one major supplier with £239.99 cards showing in stock. Nearly tempted, but then remembered I need a higher level card as next purchase anyway... still waiting on those after-market 1070s.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

What the hell! Can someone at Asus get a bloody grip! They must think they're the Apple of AIBs.

£325.99 Strix 1060

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus-geforce-gtx-1060-strix-oc-aura-rgb-6144mb-gddr5-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-40a-as.html

£289.99 Strix 480
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus-radeon-rx-480-strix-gaming-oc-aura-rgb-8192mb-gddr5-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-40h-as.html

Both having rather pathetic factory clocks when compared to other AIBs.

7 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

Oh man that sucks! Then again shipping to Ireland from the UK is silly as well, It's £10-27 depending on what you order.

Do have a look at Caseking.de they actually own OcUK so hopefully their prices aren't too bad on both cards.

Sadly they don't have any AIB rx 480's on their website.

I'll contact them maybe they will have some of them soon.

6 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

What the hell! Can someone at Asus get a bloody grip! They must think they're the Apple of AIBs.

£325.99 Strix 1060

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus-geforce-gtx-1060-strix-oc-aura-rgb-6144mb-gddr5-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-40a-as.html

£289.99 Strix 480
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus-radeon-rx-480-strix-gaming-oc-aura-rgb-8192mb-gddr5-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-40h-as.html

Both having rather pathetic factory clocks when compared to other AIBs.

Lol

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=gtx+1060&N=100007709 601205646&isNodeId=1

970 launch price

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Here is what EVGA is charging for the SC edition.

http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=06G-P4-6163-KR

7900X, Asus X670-E ROG Strix , 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000, 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB NVME, Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME,  EVGA RTX3080TI FTW3

EVGA Supernova P2 1000 PSU w/ CableMod, Asus Xonar DSX, Lian Li Galahad 360, Hyte Y60, Corsair K70, EVGA Torq X10, (1) Alienware AW3418DW Ultrawide, (1) Acer Predator XB271HU 1440P, Logitech G535

1060's are already sold out in some french retailers despite their ridiculous prices (350€ on average). Why? That's like 30% more expensive...

20 minutes ago, That Norwegian Guy said:

And watch as in 3 months the RX 480 is 25% faster with the driver updates that Nvidia have already pre-cooked for the 1060. Like 780 Ti vs 290x, 980 Ti vs Fury X, etc ad nauseam.

And then for no reason AMD lowers the price of the RX 480 down to $200 for both the 4GB and 8GB models whilst having plenty of stock for them as Nvidia still struggles getting DX12 and Vulkan performance. *cough* My inner AMD fanboy is trying to break free...

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Looks like the 1060 is a slam dunk.  May not be the same P2P(stock vs stock), but wattage, temps, and noise as well as more frames(even 3-10 at a time) at $30 more.  Definitely what I would go for.  Good job, nVidia!  

Nice

At the MSRP the founders edition gets the same price:performance as the RX 480. But with better software support (nvenc and cuda), lower temps less noisy and what seems to be better overclocking. 

Very nice indeed. Probably going to buy it assuming the price in Sweden isn't as stupid as the price of the 480.

Quick let's talk about how the 480 will cure cancer in the future though updates! Nobody can disprove it so we can all talk out of our asses however much we want and nobody can prove us wrong! Unfalsifiable hypothesises are the best when trying to stay rational and unbiased!