How to get obsolete computers in bulk

pompom15

How do you get obsolete computers in bulk for less that $150. The computers are netbooks, ibooks, etc.

print "Hello World"

look in your local shops, for one. check craigslist. ebay. ask your friends, parents...

you go to your local edump and ask to buy a pallet of them for cheap. 

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

8 minutes ago, pompom15 said:

How do you get obsolete computers in bulk for less that $150. The computers are netbooks, ibooks, etc.

Check with your local universities, colleges, schools, large firms etc as they have a replacement cycle usually every 3-5 years. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Post in the wanted section on craigslist, years ago we needed a bunch of free motherboards for a table project and ended up with over 40 in 2 days.

Also a old method but depending where you live if there is a bulletin board put a pposter something like will take care of old unwanted pc's etc works well in areas with higher senior population once got a truck load at a village for a project for highschool(plz note i did pay for all of those but it was something like 2 bucks pre pc's so was worth for me)

Best places are educational sites.

At the college where I work, we recycle 50+ machines every couple of months and have them collected in bulk - numbers of anywhere up to 200 sometimes.

Like others have said, check around in schools. They usually have old computers running XP, vista, or 7 just collecting dust. Just recently before the year ended a teacher let me take his old computer for free since he couldn't get it working. Relatives are also a good source so check with them too.

9 hours ago, legacy99 said:

Check with your local universities, colleges, schools, large firms etc as they have a replacement cycle usually every 3-5 years. 

6 hours ago, cragger89 said:

Best places are educational sites.

At the college where I work, we recycle 50+ machines every couple of months and have them collected in bulk - numbers of anywhere up to 200 sometimes.

1 hour ago, Engineer Faunce said:

Like others have said, check around in schools. They usually have old computers running XP, vista, or 7 just collecting dust. Just recently before the year ended a teacher let me take his old computer for free since he couldn't get it working. Relatives are also a good source so check with them too.

Meanwhile mine uses macs from 2006 still

please help me

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

On 7/18/2016 at 2:07 AM, pompom15 said:

Got a old core 2 duo with 6gb of ram for free great nas

I asked school's IT guy if they had any computers they were going to throw away, i ended up spenning two extra days after school ended talking through a warehouse of old computers where i could grab anything i wanted, ended up with 18 Dell latitude e5550 (the old model, not the new one) so all you should need to do is ask around, the worst things that will happens is that you get a no.

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600