AMD Polaris Giveaway

Well I'm running gtx660m on my laptop _-_
And i have always wanted to try EGPU on my laptop, anything that could make it faster and won't heat to 90C under my hand.

2 hours ago, nicklmg said:

So AMD's new graphics cards are here, and they are pretty sick... But what's even more sick than hearing about a new graphics card? Owning one for yourself!

Aw yeah man, we are giving away one Polaris 10 video card and one Polaris 11 video card thanks to our good friends over at AMD.

So, how do you enter to win one of these fine graphics cards?

1. Post a comment below telling us what graphics card you're using in your rig and why you want an upgrade to AMD's Polaris lineup. The two winners will be selected at random, so no, the content of your comment doesn't REALLY matter, but this is more fun than seeing 800 posts of "I want it" or "gibe nao pls."

2. Check back here in about a week when the names of our two winners will be added to the OP (giveaway execution is an art not a science people, so I apologize in advance if winners aren't announced in exactly one week).

3. Check your inbox here on the forum to make sure you didn't miss it. Our winners' usernames will be added to the OP here, so if you have any question about the legitimacy of a congratulatory message regarding this giveaway, please be sure to check back here and see if your name has been added.

And, while this isn't a requirement, feel free to give our friends over at @AMDRadeon on Twitter a follow.

Winners will be PMed from this account on the forum. Please do not consider winner messages from any other user in regards to this giveaway.

This giveaway is worldwide with no age restriction.

Best of luck to all!!

Hey team LinusTechTips,

I've got a very old pc with an Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 pared with a nVidia Geforce GT 730 ( added later when my old one broke. I'm planning to order some computerparts for my new rig but I don't have enough because the GPU is one of the most expensive parts. I game on 720p right now and it just looks terrible, I really want to game on 1080p and with the polaris GPUs it's no problem.

Good luck to everyone!

I have a 660 TI but really thinking of switching back to AMD (last time I had an AMD was a 9600 SE :P)

I. WANT. PC. PARTS. still planning on building my PC

I'm currently using an R9 380, which is a really solid card.  A Polaris 10 card would be great for my ultrawide monitor, while a Polaris 11 card would be great to give to my friend who really wants to get into PC gaming but only has a middling prebuilt sans graphics card to his name.

I want that. i only have gtx 460. i need upgrade my vga. T_T

I have a 7970 that I bought back when it launched. Still works well, but yeah, I kinda need an upgrade...

I am currently running a MSI 290x Twin Frozr. I love it but as a bit of an AMD fanboy (even though NVIDIA cards have been consistently better recently) I am looking forward to upgrade to the latest card (although the specs make for an interesting comparison)

2 hours ago, nicklmg said:

So AMD's new graphics cards are here, and they are pretty sick... But what's even more sick than hearing about a new graphics card? Owning one for yourself!

Aw yeah man, we are giving away one Polaris 10 video card and one Polaris 11 video card thanks to our good friends over at AMD.

So, how do you enter to win one of these fine graphics cards?

1. Post a comment below telling us what graphics card you're using in your rig and why you want an upgrade to AMD's Polaris lineup. The two winners will be selected at random, so no, the content of your comment doesn't REALLY matter, but this is more fun than seeing 800 posts of "I want it" or "gibe nao pls."

2. Check back here in about a week when the names of our two winners will be added to the OP (giveaway execution is an art not a science people, so I apologize in advance if winners aren't announced in exactly one week).

3. Check your inbox here on the forum to make sure you didn't miss it. Our winners' usernames will be added to the OP here, so if you have any question about the legitimacy of a congratulatory message regarding this giveaway, please be sure to check back here and see if your name has been added.

And, while this isn't a requirement, feel free to give our friends over at @AMDRadeon on Twitter a follow.

Winners will be PMed from this account on the forum. Please do not consider winner messages from any other user in regards to this giveaway.

This giveaway is worldwide with no age restriction.

Best of luck to all!!

i am using a msi radeon r9 280 overclocked to 1100mz stable. it doesnt care to tell why i want it but i am doing it anyways. 

i just want to test that card out myself. everybody says its good and that is what i want to check out :D

Currently using a 970 but this would be for my wife, she is using a 570 :( She wants to stream and play competitively!

I'm using an EVGA GTX 970 SC to power a 144hz gsync monitor and a 60hz tv in dual display mode, both 1080p, and I keep getting screen flickering on my second screen and driver crashes if I play on ultra. I can't be without my computer for a month to warranty the card and I didn't spend all this money to not play on ultra. I need a new and better card!

Well, I don't even have a graphics card! I use integrated Graphics and I do plan on creating a build, if I were to win this giveaway I will indeed be very grateful, if you don't believe me I'll send some pics of my computer specs!
I don't have another PCI to add a GPU btw

1.PNG

2.PNG

I'm still using a Sapphire 7970. I had gotten a good 5 or 6 years out of this card now. Still chugs up a storm on most titles but I'm starting to finally see some struggle on newer titles, especially seeing as I'm running 1440p monitors.

Desktop:: Xeon 1230v5 | Noctua nh-d14 | Sapphire 7970 | Corsair LP 16GB | EVGA G2 750w |

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & SanDisk Ultra II 480GB & Seagate Barracuda 1TB

ThinkPad t460p:: i7 6700HQ | Corsair 16GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

I currently have a r9 390 and want a Polaris gpu to sell on ebay to get money to buy a 490 when that comes out or a 1080

current card amd r5 235 i would really like an upgrade

Well ya see I have a gt 740 she may be old but ya know she did what she could for my $500 build. Hopefully I win but if i don't no harm done. Thanks for reading and have a fantastic day. 

Well... I'm running a MX 440 (if you even know what that is) next to a Pentium 4.

I would love a Polaris GPU so I could finally do some gaming (hell, even light gaming).

And gibe nao pls.

I have a 760 the is alright for playing Skyrim but idk how well it will handel the sepcial edition when that drops :/

I have a AMD HD 7770. I need it because i cant play any more games on a decent frame rate and setting.

I have a Gtx 770 in my rig. i want to upgrade to the polaris card so i can build my little brother a desktop.

gibe nao pls.

I have a AMD Radeon R9 270 2GB in my computer. Whenever I game on it even in 1080p medium resolution, it gets between 80-90°C. If I got one of the Polaris cards, I could make my 2 monitor setup run better, not to mention the noise reduction.

I have an Intel HD Graphics . I want to upgrade to AMD Polaris because...yeah Dedicated Graphics.

I'm using gtx970 on main computer. Can't wait to upgrade my secound pc!