be quiet! Dark Base 900 Pro Review

LinusTech
4 minutes ago, TreeFrog said:

Me three

Me four

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

15 minutes ago, magnumkobra said:

I like pie

Seeing as I am late to the party. I would still have to agree.

10 minutes ago, Dobbsjr said:

Me too

10 minutes ago, TreeFrog said:

Me three

6 minutes ago, 8uhbbhu8 said:

Me four

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

3 minutes ago, wcreek said:

Seeing as I am late to the party. I would still have to agree.

so does that make me 5? or 6?

Also like the review

Awesome video, I think the case is amazing.... however I can't find the actual product itself on Amazon. Can anyone be of assistance? :) 

Also, @LinusTech do you think there would be an easy DIY way to make the case Red? :P

Wow.. thee Linus posted this himself instead of Nick.. impressed!!

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 minute ago, Crashbash111 said:

Awesome video, I think the case is amazing.... however I can't find the actual product itself on Amazon. Can anyone be of assistance? :) 

Also, @LinusTech do you think there would be an easy DIY way to make the case Red? :P

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA68V45G2217&nm_mc=OTC-Froogle&cm_mmc=OTC-Froogle-_-Cases+(Computer+Cases+-+ATX+Form)-_-be+quiet!-_-9SIA68V45G2217 only on newegg atm. 

Spray paint the orange accents and add red LED's.

Did my post help you? Then make sure to rate it!

Check out my post on symbolic links! || PSU ranking and tiers || Pokemon Thread

2 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

Wow.. thee Linus posted this himself instead of Nick.. impressed!!

Didn't they say in the WAN show that Nick was on holiday? :P

1 minute ago, Crashbash111 said:

Didn't they say in the WAN show that Nick was on holiday? :P

Luke is on vaca, Nick is who filled in for Luke on the WAN show this week. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

2 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

Luke is on vaca, Nick is who filled in for Luke on the WAN show this week. 

Ahh true

11 minutes ago, SolarpandaS said:

so does that make me 5? or 6?

Also like the review

I felt that it was a little cliché for me to say "me five", but still being the 5th person to agree. You'd be the 6th.

Anyways, the built in Qi wireless charging sounds so cool, especially because I have a Galaxy S6. However, I'm sure the pricing can't be very "pretty". I mean I think an H440 might stretching it a little bit. I guess maybe I could just buy a wireless charging puck from Samsung so I can easily charge my phone when I'm using my PC. I would also hope that a case (Otterbox Commuter) wouldn't cause too much of an issue... I hope.

Edit: I just went to Be Quiet!'s website to see the pricing of the 900 and 900 Pro... €200 to €250 (in my currency US$220 to US$275) Yeah sorry Be Quiet! but I think I'll have no choice but to pass, nice case anyways.

Edited by wcreek
€250, eh? No thanks

2 minutes ago, wcreek said:

I felt that it was a little cliché for me to say "me five", but still being the 5th person to agree. You'd be the 6th.

Anyways, the built in Qi wireless charging sounds so cool, especially because I have a Galaxy S6. However, I'm sure the pricing can't be very "pretty". I mean I think an H440 might stretching it a little bit. I guess maybe I could just buy a wireless charging puck from Samsung so I can easily charge my phone when I'm using my PC. I would also hope that a case (Otterbox Commuter) wouldn't cause too much of an issue... I hope.

That would make an amazing case mod, building in a Qi wireless charging pad. @LinusTech Potential video idea :P 

4 minutes ago, Dobbsjr said:

That would make an amazing case mod, building in a Qi wireless charging pad. @LinusTech Potential video idea :P 

I just looked up pricing of the 900 and 900 Pro in USD it's $220 to $250 (at least if it's an even conversion from about €200 to €250). I think that modding in a Qi charging pad would be a whole lot cheaper.

1 minute ago, wcreek said:

I just looked up pricing of the 900 and 900 Pro in USD it's $220 to $250 (at least if it's an even conversion from about €200 to €250)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA68V45G2217&nm_mc=OTC-Froogle&cm_mmc=OTC-Froogle-_-Cases+(Computer+Cases+-+ATX+Form)-_-be+quiet!-_-9SIA68V45G2217 

Yep $229

2 minutes ago, Dobbsjr said:

Oh that's the pro, so it's a little cheaper than it's EUR pricing on the Be Quiet! website. Noice?

so what is the better choice to buy? dark base 900 or the Enthoo Evolv Atx tempered glass?

Might get one of these when I hand down some of my PC to my brother.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

5 hours ago, wcreek said:

Edit: I just went to Be Quiet!'s website to see the pricing of the 900 and 900 Pro... €200 to €250 (in my currency US$220 to US$275) Yeah sorry Be Quiet! but I think I'll have no choice but to pass, nice case anyways.

allthough the prices on the website are always way to high, you get them most times for less. I found offers for the pro for 210€

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

Black and orange cable mod cables would have looked good in that case.  Can't seem to find the link for the cooler video and grats on 2 million subs

There's something cool here - you just can't see it.

So he talked about how modular it is, without actually showing the modularity?

Silverstone FT-05: 8 Broadwell Xeon (6900k soon), Asus X99 A, Asus GTX 1070, 1tb Samsung 850 pro, NH-D15

Resist!

Gorgeous case, and features. You sure get what you pay for, and I think a lot of people don't put enough investment in their cases when they build a new rig. Something like this may not be for everyone, but when you make your living with your PC and use it every day, its totally worth the investment in something solid. Great review! Super in-depth, as usual.