Logitech G700s or G602

maximilian4o

Hello forum. 

I decided to buy a gaming mouse.Finally. I'm currently using a Microsoft Sidewinder X8. The size is perfect for my hands. I saw the dimensions of the G602 on amazon, but I couldn't understand it because I use metric. So I want to know if its going to be bigger than the X8, and I also want to know the size of the G700s. And maybe someone who has tried one of the mouses (or both), could tell me what you think about them. Do they start so slip off your hand after long gaming sessions, and other stuff that bothers you. I'm kinda worried about the G602's 500 reports per second. People say that they can feel the difference between 1000 and 500. And the other thing that is worrying me, is the 2.4GHz wireless connection, because I've heard that there could be some interference.

Thank you guys in advance. Any help will be appreciated. :P

AMD FX-8350 // ASUS Radeon R9 280X Matrix // ASUS M5A97 Pro // Corsair Vengance 8GB 1600MHz // Corsair RM850 PSU //  WD Green 2TB // Corsair H60 // Cooler Master Elite 430 // KBParadise V60 MX Blue // Logitech G602 // Sennheiser HD 598 + Focusrrrrite 2i2 + MXL V67 // Samsung SyncMaster 245BW 1920x1200 // #killedmywife  #afterdark  #makebombs #Twerkit      "it touches my junk"   linus 2014

'I saw the dimensions of the G602 on amazon, but I couldn't understand it because I use metric'

> Ever heard of Google, or unit converters?

'I'm kinda worried about the G602's 500 reports per second'

> Don't be worried, it's better than the average wireless mouse and at that point, unless you're an extremely serious gamer doing competitions and stuff, it'll be fine.

I'd go for the G602, it's a wonderful mouse and it's from Logitech, as good as it gets for periphericals IMO. I was repulsed by wireless mice a few months ago, but when you look at the amazing battery life and 500Hz, there's nothing to worry about for the average, enthusiast gamer. ;)

I just bought the G602 and it's awesome! Though I can't seem to get it to be recognized in the Logitech Gaming Software. I will have to try somethings. 

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

Normal USB report rate is 125 Hz, which is more than enough. Anything over 500 Hz is overkill, in my opinion. At 1000 Hz some older CPUs might start to sacrifice FPS to keep up with the mouse, and the higher the report rate, the faster it eats the battery.

I have a G700s and love it, though I might have went with the G602 if it had been out at the time I bought my mouse. Honestly, I can't tell the difference between 500 hz and 1000 hz, so I think I'd rather not have to worry about the battery dying in the middle of a game (which has happened with my G700s)..

As for the size and feel of the mouse, watching youtube reviews of both mice should give you a good idea of what it's like..

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

For me its a g600 or a g602, the g700 seems to have some problems and more buttons is more better.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I have both so would like to give my 2 cents worth.

The G700s is wider and bigger than the G602 and does not curve in as deep at the thumb rest.

It is also substantially heavier than the G602. Whether that's a pro or con, depends on you.

The G700s has better internals regarding the report rate, DPI etc but they have not made a difference in my experience.

The G700s' material on the sides feels like worn sandpaper while the G602 feels like a rough soft touch finish.

Not to mention the G602's batery life smacks the G700s' round and round.

Edit: Forgot to add that the 602 has better feeling buttons. The 700s buttons feel like mush.

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

Thank you guys. All of you. You were really helpful. I'll go for the G602. The only thing that was keeping me away was the fact that it was 500Hz. But if that isn't a problem, then I'm going with the G602. I really like the fact that the battery can last long because my X8 lasts 1 day, And the mouse is semi-wired. But the charger doesn't work. So I have an external battery charger next to me so I can swap them out when they die out while gaming. The other problem is that my scroll wheel spins freely because I raged a little bit, and the mouse got a kiss from my desk  :D (it was my first and last time raging). And BTW @Drown. I did search on google, but on amazon it looks like it said the dimensions of the package itself, but there was no info about the mouse itself. I looked up on google too  :P  Thanks again guys. You are awesome :)

AMD FX-8350 // ASUS Radeon R9 280X Matrix // ASUS M5A97 Pro // Corsair Vengance 8GB 1600MHz // Corsair RM850 PSU //  WD Green 2TB // Corsair H60 // Cooler Master Elite 430 // KBParadise V60 MX Blue // Logitech G602 // Sennheiser HD 598 + Focusrrrrite 2i2 + MXL V67 // Samsung SyncMaster 245BW 1920x1200 // #killedmywife  #afterdark  #makebombs #Twerkit      "it touches my junk"   linus 2014

How big is the G602? The dimension in amazon are of the box unless the G602 is 22cm long

How could it compare size wise to a Razer mamba? I like the mamba but battery life  is lacking

The Logitech G602 is a great choice as everyone else has pointed out.

Intel Core i7-8700K @ 4.8GHz | Corsair H110i GTX | EVGA RTX 2080 XC | Asus ROG Maximus XI | Intel M.2 nVME SSD 1TB | Samsung 850 EVO 2X2TB | 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 RAM | EVGA SuperNova GS 1050W | Kept cool & quiet in a Fractal Design Define R5 Window with all Noctua fans

Done. Ordered it. It arrived. I've been using if for 3 hours now. And I got used to the mouse really fast (having in mind that I've been using the sidewinder X8 for 4 years). It is really comfortable, the placing of the side buttons in great and the size is great. The textures of the mouse are amazing. Overall I'm really happy with the mouse, and the money was totally worth it. Thank you so much guys for helping me make the right choice. Love you (no homo)  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

• 1 year later...

Done. Ordered it. It arrived. I've been using if for 3 hours now. And I got used to the mouse really fast (having in mind that I've been using the sidewinder X8 for 4 years). It is really comfortable, the placing of the side buttons in great and the size is great. The textures of the mouse are amazing. Overall I'm really happy with the mouse, and the money was totally worth it. Thank you so much guys for helping me make the right choice. Love you (no homo)  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Wanted to ask you how the G602 is doing for you :D, if your still using it that is. Thinking about buying it, is it ok in terms of gaming and lag? Like I sometimes play shooters and mmo's, is it noticeably laggy at all compared to a wired mouse?

Wanted to ask you how the G602 is doing for you :D, if your still using it that is. Thinking about buying it, is it ok in terms of gaming and lag? Like I sometimes play shooters and mmo's, is it noticeably laggy at all compared to a wired mouse?

Nah man, it's perfect. No lag... nothing. I have no complaints about it, except that I just sent it off for warranty cause the scroll click stopped working, and after Logi replaces it with a new one, I will be selling it to get the RAT ProX after it comes out on March. So yeah, I would definitely go with the 602. The scroll click thing isn't that common at all so I wouldn't be worried about it. It's probably just my luck :/

G602-More buttons better battery life

I have the 700 and the 602 and the 602 is better for the most part.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"