mini ITX gaming build

MikeBarty

Hello!

I'm building a mini gaming PC for friend and I need your help. I found this build below and I think thats good enough. Would appreciate any help or better offers for any parts and a case. I have a budget of 4900 USD. (He wanted to buy MSI VORTEX G65 6QF SLI, but thats really overkill for his gaming) I need this pc to be able to handle 3 monitors and world of warcraft.

Case NZXT Manta

MSI GTX 1080 GAMING X 8G 

Intel Core i7-6700K

ASUS Z170I PRO GAMING

Kingston 16GB KIT DDR4 3333MHz CL16 HyperX Predator Series

SSD Crucial MX200 1TB 

EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2

Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H100i V2

This is fine for three monitors and way overkill for WOW.  By the way, the NZXT Manta was a great choice on your part.

I'm a huge fan of the Corsair 380T case, but other than that your build looks solid. and that would largely be an aesthetic choice, your build is pretty solid. The only thing missing from it is a USB type C port. But assuming he wouldn't use something like that, then you're set.

P.S. If i had 4900 USD to make a gaming rig, It would be SLI and custom loop (and not ITX), but I would also do more than WoW on it. If you still wanted to do a custom loop, the Define Nano S would be a great option. Also on that budget you could likely get a 1080ti or Titan P if you can wait for them to come out (but that will likely be in late Q4, early Q1). But it is as you said, alot of this would be overkill for his needs.