tv or projector

Hey

I am currently having some trubles finding the right tv/projector

once found a 4k tv 49 inch for around 500$ but have always been a fan of projectors and that the screen can become so big

I like to watch movies, series, play games on it

but can decide and wanna hear u guys opinion

i have been looking at these to for projectors

Epson EH-TW6100

BenQ W1070

and my budget is around 900-1000$ 

thx molke

Well, for gaming a monitor would be better, but if you specifically want a TV or projector, I would chose a projector. The two that you are looking at there are both pretty nice and I think it would be awesome to watch movies at home on a projector. Just don't do any super competitive gaming and you'll be fine :)

My main computer:

i7 6700k || GTX 1070 || Asus Z170 RGB || C.M. Hyper 212 EVO || 16GB RAM || 256GB NVMe SSD || 500GB SATA SSD || 12TB total HDD || Define R5 Blackout || 850W PSU

More Details Below :) 

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k                             GPU:  EVGA GTX 1070 FTW                                  |  Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming Aura
CPU Cooler: C.M. Hyper 212 EVO             RAM: 16GB Kingston Fury 4x4 DDR4 2400MHz         SSD:  Intel 256GB NVMe SSD & Plextor 500GB SATA SSD

Hard Drive:  WD 2TB Black, 2TB WD Blue, 8TB WD Red     Case:  Fractal Design Define R5 Blackout Edition   PSU:  Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 850W

Additional Computer Parts: NZXT Hue for LEDs

Peripherals: Dell U2414H (x2) || Corsair Sabre RGB || Corsair K95 Platinum || Sennheiser 558's || Modmic

Pictures of setup:

thats was my plan, its was just if anybody had some experiens with projector and which was best or if im looking at the wrong ones 

i have always wanted a 150-200 inch movies/gaming screen :) 

On 7/15/2016 at 5:50 PM, molke said:

thats was my plan, its was just if anybody had some experiens with projector and which was best or if im looking at the wrong ones 

i have always wanted a 150-200 inch movies/gaming screen :) 

If your room is light-colored and/or if you can't dim the room completely, consider including an ambient light rejecting screen as part of your budget. 

If you are handy, search Carl's ALR in Amazon. They sell screen material for DIYers. A 152" diagonal of material is about $200.

Do keep in mind that viewing and projection angles will be narrower with ALR screens.

On 2016/7/16 at 4:58 AM, molke said:

Hello Molke,
my projector is bought under $100 and cost-effective. The picture and internet connection are good. We watched Euro Cup with my workmates. Your could pick one from DigitalEra on amazon.com. The brand is Tronfy.

Projectors i think also look a tad 3D, it makes it very immersive compared to an actual screen