p9 lite (2gb) vs samsung j5

BishopGM

so im about to buy a new phone and upgrade from my huawei y330

im between huawei p9 lite(2gb) and samsung galaxy j5

the p9 lite has clearly better specs and will probably be a little faster

but i really care for the display and battery.....from what i saw j5 has a better colors and i imagine that the less demanding specs will have it last longer

what do you suggest to go for?

There is no P9 Lite 2gb. It has always 3gb Ram.

J5 has just a720p Display ---> P9 Lite is WAY better. Since it's not just an 720p Display, but also an AMOLED displays, which has 33% less sub-pixel per Pixel. Which makes the Display look like a 540p Screen.

P9 Lite also has 3gb Ram instead of 2gb (j5), and also a WAY (!!!!) stronger Processor, a better Camera, and a very good Fingerprint sensor.

Yea, that's not even a competition. P9 Lite completely destroys the not much cheaper J5.

In my Opinion, the cheapest samsung, i personally would consider, is the A5 (2016). Just because it's built well, and has a fingerprint sensor.

Anything Below this model.... Other companies have just so much better offerings.

28 minutes ago, Darkseth said:

There is no P9 Lite 2gb. It has always 3gb Ram.

J5 has just a720p Display ---> P9 Lite is WAY better. Since it's not just an 720p Display, but also an AMOLED displays, which has 33% less sub-pixel per Pixel. Which makes the Display look like a 540p Screen.

P9 Lite also has 3gb Ram instead of 2gb (j5), and also a WAY (!!!!) stronger Processor, a better Camera, and a very good Fingerprint sensor.

Yea, that's not even a competition. P9 Lite completely destroys the not much cheaper J5.

In my Opinion, the cheapest samsung, i personally would consider, is the A5 (2016). Just because it's built well, and has a fingerprint sensor.

Anything Below this model.... Other companies have just so much better offerings.

no mate there is a 2gb version at least in europe and thanks i will go for the p9 lite cause the A5 2016 is like 60 euro more

Oh true... wtf.

It's the Dual SIM versions that has only 2gb Ram (which i find to be the absolute MINIMUM a phone should have nowadays).

The normal version has 3gb ram (i would take that, if dual Sim isn't a must have).

And, there are Dual sim versions with 3gb Ram too.

Here in Germany, The 2gb Version cost the same as teh 3gb version, even if both are Dual Sim.

And wtf, the Dual Sim version (3gb) is even  a few € cheaper than the non-dual Sim version? lol.

well, i would check the different variants how pricy they are. 3gb Ram instead 2gb can be a huge step.

Considering, the Android System itself consumes already 700-800mb itself (+ maybe a few other small system processes), which gives you like a good 1gb Left for apps when you have 2gb total.

With 3gb, you have 2gb "left" if you take the System away.

So, 2->3gb can "double" the effective Ram, that is used purely for additional Apps