new consoles question

ripper101

So I am a PC gamer and have a high-end PC and I've read comments and watched videos on how in 2017 Microsoft and Sony will be releasing consoles with 6 teraflops of gpu processing power which is 980ti/1070 territory I believe. So how are they managing this? are they working with nvidia/amd? or is the price just going to be super high? how would they fit all that power into a small form factor without it being hot and loud?

I know some of the questions can only be partially answered but any help is appreciated, would just like to hear your thoughts on it even if it's ready been talked about.

I think they are still using AMD hardware. All I know.

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

1. I am just making guesses here
  2. They will probably bee the most expensive Consoles to ever hit the market (unless you count steam machines)
  3. AMD supplies APU like chips that incooperate CPu and GPU in one chip iirc (for the old consoles, not sure if this will stay that way)
  4. Power is possible, just looks at server PSUs
  5. I got zero ideas how those will not be as loud as an airplane at takeoff with the same kind of heat coming from that small box

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

we dont have as much of an idea of how the nextgen consoles will perform. at the moment we only know that theyll be pushing 4k gaming. but i imagine sony and MS will be working with amd again