LTT fks over Vessel-subs

Me and others with Me has noticed a steady decline in the 7 day exclusive content you published on vessel .. I understand doing this where releases of major hardware that's embargo'd is concerned .. But honestly lately it's been standard content as well .. One good example being the one which came out a few hours ago about pokemon GO and how to cheat it.. Btw .. what the hell kinda video was that?

Anyway, I do pay for my Vessel subscription, as I assume the majority of the current viewers there do, and i do so because it allowed Me to access content 7 days early on LTT and CSF and I imagine alot of the current viewers there subscribed and paid up for the very same reason .. Supporting LTT and getting early content .. If LTT however fails to live up to their commitment then why the hell should we continue subscribing? More and more of the content gets release on Youtube the same day anyway! You're abusing those who financially support you, and it's not OK.

It means that next week, YT users will get no new video.

Spoiler

|| Asrock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3 || i5 3570 @3.5GHz || Zalman CNPS10X Optima || 8GB RAM HyperX Fury Blue @ 1600MHz || Thermaltake Berlin 630W || Zalman Z11 || Gainward Phantom GTX 970 || 120GB Kingston V300  (Gift) + 1TB  WD Green

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8

Tablet: iPad Mini 2

I pay for my Vessel subscription but I only use it for Scrapyard Wars, everything else I still wait for it to get released on YT to watch it for convenience. :D

-KuJoe

Since Ingress 2.0 Pokemon GO is so hawt right now it's only fair that they're trying to push out relevant videos to as much people as possible.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

Just un-subscribe and wait for YT content. If you want to support, just donate, I really do not see the point in Vessel.

And don't even get me started on the Pokemon kids that have came out of the woodwork everywhere... so lame.

7800x3d - RTX 4090 FE - 64GB-6000C30 - 2x2TB 990 Pro - 4K 144HZ

PCPP: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mdRcqR

27 minutes ago, iiNNeX said:

Just un-subscribe and wait for YT content. If you want to support, just donate, I really do not see the point in Vessel.

I've pre-paid for a year, once it's expired then if LTT continues to skip early content on vessl I'll stop putting money in their pocket altogether.

The point of Vessel is and was early content in exchange for money, meaning those of us who sub there helps paying the employees of LMG, and I'll continue to do so provided they keep their end of the deal.

1 minute ago, MobiFix said:

I've pre-paid for a year, once it's expired then if LTT continues to skip early content on vessl I'll stop putting money in their pocket altogether.

The point of Vessel is and was early content in exchange for money, meaning those of us who sub there helps paying the employees of LMG, and I'll continue to do so provided they keep their end of the deal.

I guess it makes sense if you get exclusives or content early all the time, but as you said if the terms change then you'd feel cheated.

7800x3d - RTX 4090 FE - 64GB-6000C30 - 2x2TB 990 Pro - 4K 144HZ

PCPP: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mdRcqR

The only reason that video was pushed to youtube already, is because who knows if in a week it will even still be relevant, kind of like show coverage.
By then, others will have made similar videos(if not already) or maybe the game will have just died out. They did say at the start of this whole vessel venture that such videos would get simultaneous release, no?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

5 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

who knows if in a week it will even still be relevant, kind of like show coverage.

You're not wrong, and what initially was adressed was shows and embargo'd cotent, but this Pokemon Go video was just a rushed moneygrab full of bad advice, I don't even consider it content, it was just researched bad, but it should of been on vessel first never the less, it's not like the Pokemon GO hype will fade in the next 7 days, they're still rolling out the app worldwide after all.

2 hours ago, MobiFix said:

You're not wrong, and what initially was adressed was shows and embargo'd cotent, but this Pokemon Go video was just a rushed moneygrab full of bad advice, I don't even consider it content, it was just researched bad, but it should of been on vessel first never the less, it's not like the Pokemon GO hype will fade in the next 7 days, they're still rolling out the app worldwide after all.

Actually we have NO IDEA how long the Pokemon Go fad will last. It could easily die out before the Worldwide release is even finished (especially since you can download the APK package from third party sites immediately).

This is one of those videos where (whether you think it's a good video or not), it needs to take advantage of maximum "hype". They needed to release it RIGHT AWAY to capture that immediate Pokemon Go craze that is happening right now.

That craze might last another few weeks or months... or it might be gone in 3 days.

I don't fault them at all for that.

Granted, I haven't watched the video yet, so I cannot comment on the quality of the video itself.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

As a couple people have already speculated,  the Pokemon Go video was not one we wanted to do simultaneously but we felt like if we didn't,  it could be completely irrelevant by the time it went up.. 

We've had a discussion internally and will be scaling back the number of simulataneous releases going forward (though there is at least one embargo product launch we can't do anything about)

Linus 

In my opinion, there is no need to scale back simultaneous releases... That is fucking over Youtube instead...  A couple of times that there was a simultaneous release and a video from last week from Vessel, for the vessel release I had to wait a day or even two.

Spoiler

|| Asrock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3 || i5 3570 @3.5GHz || Zalman CNPS10X Optima || 8GB RAM HyperX Fury Blue @ 1600MHz || Thermaltake Berlin 630W || Zalman Z11 || Gainward Phantom GTX 970 || 120GB Kingston V300  (Gift) + 1TB  WD Green

1 hour ago, Thefireofwar11 said:

:| Linus replied to this :|

He recognizes my MVPness =)

Anyway, I'm happy he did, and one staff member or another would of eventually had to respond to this, topic couldn't be ignored.

The reason for the pokemon video being up so soon is that was literally conceived monday evening.  The fact they full researched it, scripted it, shot it, edited it and uploaded it in just a little over 48 hours is pretty good imo :)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

2 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Oh boo hoo, all 10 of you who pay for Vessel.

We're probably putting more money in LMG's pocket directly than you do anyway.. See it's about keeping them to their commitment.. They promised us early content, and the 500+ who actually stayed on and paid for another year on vessel is owed what they promised, and as someone who does financially support LMG i feel that a promise they make should be lived up to.

3 minutes ago, MobiFix said:

We're probably putting more money in LMG's pocket directly than you do anyway.. See it's about keeping them to their commitment.. They promised us early content, and the 500+ who actually stayed on and paid for another year on vessel is owed what they promised, and as someone who does financially support LMG i feel that a promise they make should be lived up to.

So you're saying youre putting more money towards LMG, but then proceed to demand something for your money. So I guess is not a good faith help despite your holier-than-thou initial stance and closing statement and they must be hold accountable to what they promised?

Pick a side Senator.

-------

Current Rig

-------

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

The reason for the pokemon video being up so soon is that was literally conceived monday evening.  The fact they full researched it, scripted it, shot it, edited it and uploaded it in just a little over 48 hours is pretty good imo :)

Well .. wasn't their original work to begin with, this has popped up on reddit, they did some changes yes.. But it's not bad for 48 hours, but making a video which if followed to a tee will get you banned is probably a bad idea.

2 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

So you're saying youre putting more money towards LGM, but then proceed to demand something for your money. So I guess is not a good faith help despite your holier-than-thou initial stance and closing statement and they must be hold accountable to what they promised?

Pick a side Senator.

You're joking right?

I asked LMG / LTT to keep their end of the bargain, that is all i did.. Do i support them out of love and empathy alone? No, and i never claimed to either.. See when a company makes you a promise, and you have to PAY for that promise to affect you then you're no longer in the realm of charity, you're in the realm of capitalism .. SO should i really feel I'm a bad person for not supporting them unconditionally when they in turn wont keep their promise to Me unless I PAY them? Nope..

No, niet .. nope, fuck no, hell no.. Ain't doing that son.. See they're 10-12 privileged people, I wouldn't ever put my money in a jar which said "donate to 12 well-off privileged people who will be fine with or without your money" .. would you?

1 minute ago, MobiFix said:

You're joking right?

I asked LMG / LTT to keep their end of the bargain, that is all i did.. Do i support them out of love and empathy alone? No, and i never claimed to either.. See when a company makes you a promise, and you have to PAY for that promise to affect you then you're no longer in the realm of charity, you're in the realm of capitalism .. SO should i really feel I'm a bad person for not supporting them unconditionally when they in turn wont keep their promise to Me unless I PAY them? Nope..

No, niet .. nope, fuck no, hell no.. Ain't doing that son.. See they're 10-12 privileged people, I wouldn't ever put my money in a jar which said "donate to 12 well-off privileged people who will be fine with or without your money" .. would you?

You might have never claimed but your attitude was a clear implication that you feel you're a bigger person because you do so please stop being disengenious about it.

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 minute ago, Misanthrope said:

You might have never claimed but your attitude was a clear implication that you feel you're a bigger person because you do so please stop being disengenious about it.

Wow.. Im not disingenuous in any way, i was honest in the very first post, and i spoke for all those who actually pay into a promise, and if you look at comments on LTT's vessel videos you'd understand that.. I never ONCE said anything in my threadstarter other than "LMG; you made a fucking promise, live up to it" .. Linus later replied, saying there'd be fewer simultaneous releases, so he recognized where I was coming from, and promised to deliver as they're supposed to where vessel is concerned.

I'm not sure how you read it? Perhaps with a pair of rosecolored glasses on? Should of removed them first, in fact when it comes to the internet never ever wear them again, you'll end up deluding yourself, just like you did here =)

3 minutes ago, MobiFix said:

Wow.. Im not disingenuous in any way, i was honest in the very first post, and i spoke for all those who actually pay into a promise, and if you look at comments on LTT's vessel videos you'd understand that.. I never ONCE said anything in my threadstarter other than "LMG; you made a fucking promise, live up to it" .. Linus later replied, saying there'd be fewer simultaneous releases, so he recognized where I was coming from, and promised to deliver as they're supposed to where vessel is concerned.

I'm not sure how you read it? Perhaps with a pair of rosecolored glasses on? Should of removed them first, in fact when it comes to the internet never ever wear them again, you'll end up deluding yourself, just like you did here =)

They promised MOST of the content will be released a week earlier on Vessel and that SOME videos will be simultaneous release, I don't see how they're breaking the promise.

Spoiler

19 minutes ago, MobiFix said:

Top fucking kek. 

11 minutes ago, MobiFix said:

You're joking right?

Lol you're kinda delusional.

You're not paying them, your paying Vessel. Because of some contract they have with Vessel they get a little bit of a kickback. Vessel also contracted LMG to make Nerd Sports on CSF which probably Vessel is paying them a little more handsomely for. Contributing to the Forum or using their Amazon Affiliate link helps them out far more than you subscribing to vessel. I mean even Youtube Ad revenue helps them. So don't think for a minute that the YT peoples don't deserve some equality here. 

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

2 minutes ago, arvark said:

They promised MOST of the content will be released a week earlier on Vessel and that SOME videos will be simultaneous release, I don't see how they're breaking the promise.

Here.. Linus even says it's a problem himself .. so they understand the problem seeing as the initial promise they did with Vessel was "embargo'd and major product launches as well as WAN show wont be exclusive for 7 days"and that was one of the main selling points when they gave away vessel memberships.

3 hours ago, LinusTech said:

... We've had a discussion internally and will be scaling back the number of simulataneous releases going forward (though there is at least one embargo product launch we can't do anything about)

Linus