My ps4 is really loud!

Zyfiel

Hello, I've had a playstation 4 for quite some time. But there is something bothering me. It's really loud. My playstation 3 is three times more quiet than my ps4. When I'm playing on my PC and my mother on the ps4, I can't hear my pc, but I can hear my ps4 5 meters away. 

Is my ps4 unnaturally loud, in that case: What can I do about it?

Currently developing games for the visually impaired/blind. Love computers and cute things. Am I cute?  

Ryzen 3700X, ASROCK pro4, 32 GB Corsair venguence rgb 3200, Radeon 580

12 hours ago, Zyfiel said:

Hello, I've had a playstation 4 for quite some time. But there is something bothering me. It's really loud. My playstation 3 is three times more quiet than my ps4. When I'm playing on my PC and my mother on the ps4, I can't hear my pc, but I can hear my ps4 5 meters away. 

yes it is unaturally loud

mine is almost silent all the time

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb

3 minutes ago, Zyfiel said:

Maybe cleaning the vents or get an add on cooler for it could help.

I am a paid professional, but only when I am at work...and getting paid.

4 minutes ago, Zyfiel said:

It sounds like you should clean the dust out of it. I'm not sure of the best method, but there have to be guides.

34 minutes ago, ScootsMcgoots said:

Yeah my PS4 I got at launch sounds  like a windmill .  It drowns out my pc and sometimes the sound of the AC whilst gaming. 

Yep all the first gen ones are loud and run hotter.

3 minutes ago, swordsman247 said:

Yep all the first gen ones are loud and run hotter.

I could have a first generation, but it's 1 TB edition witch first was released last summer. So mine is probably not a first generation though. Or maybe the 1 TB edition is louder. I should probably look up a guide on how to clean it.

Currently developing games for the visually impaired/blind. Love computers and cute things. Am I cute?  

17 minutes ago, Zyfiel said:

I could have a first generation, but it's 1 TB edition witch first was released last summer. So mine is probably not a first generation though. Or maybe the 1 TB edition is louder. I should probably look up a guide on how to clean it.

Most of the 1tb ones were released with the first gen hardware even though the newer ones were out. It's part of how they cleared their old inventory.

Edit: As for cleaning it's basically the same as a laptop, or sff pc. I use a canned air on all sides until dust stops coming out of it.

Sounds normal. I had an Xbox One first and was shocked how loud the PS4 was compared to it.

Okey, I cleaned the vents and it got a little better. It still sounds a lot. But at least it doesn't sound all the way to my PC, thanks guys :D 

• 1 month later...

Change the thermal paste. Recently did mine which was a day one edition and now i cant even hear it :D I used Prolimatech PK-3 on mine.