Pokemon Go - A possible privacy nightmare?

its astonishing how many retards play this crap, everytime an event like this happens it reaffirms my belief that the majority of the population are vegetables inside their head uncapable of deep understanding and judgement

4 minutes ago, deviant88 said:

its astonishing how many retards play this crap, everytime an event like this happens it reaffirms my belief that the majority of the population are vegetables inside their head uncapable of deep understanding and judgement

Not to call you out, but you said that someone should kill the kids playing this game. So much for deep understanding and judgement on your side. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

8 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

Not to call you out, but you said that someone should kill the kids playing this game. So much for deep understanding and judgement on your side. 

i dont recall saying that someone should kill the kids playing the game, maybe someone else, but dont get me wrong i couldnt care less about the kids or who dies from a silly game

Niantic is co owned by google, so who cares either way they have your details

My Rig: Intel 3770k with Corsair H100i pull, Asus Z98 pro , Corsair Vengeance 8GBx2 2100 mhz CL9, Galax HOF 1080 TI, 4 x OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig Raid 0, Corsair AX 850, Corsair Obsidian 650D

I don't think anybody's really going to care.

I listened to Paul's Hardware live stream yesterday and he talked about this and Google is in contact with the developer to reduce the access to your gmail account.

Anyway, just in case I'm using my other not so important gmail account.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

4 hours ago, deviant88 said:

You waste your time on linutechtips forums, they waste their time on an app that makes them walk around and sometimes meet people. And dont forget people have been with pokemon for something to the tune of 20 years. 

i dont see how you have an argument. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

Google already is doing this so I don't see why people are all of a sudden concerned. I get notifications on my Nexus 5 all the time about "Here is where you last parked" Or "Do you want to read reviews about this restaurant/store"

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -

on android you can deny access to some things. for example access to your contacts. but obviously denying it access to the gps would make this app useless. 

POKEMON!!11! :)

On 7/11/2016 at 9:59 PM, Belgarathian said:

Clearly born in the early 2000's. 

Pokemon is life... And is probably the first Pokemon game a lot of people will have played since early GBA releases. 

It's also one of the most downloaded apps, having recently eclipsed Tinder and is currently closing in on Twitter. 

Pokemon is very popular with 90s kids.

On 7/14/2016 at 11:56 AM, deviant88 said:

I don't get it. Why do you label everyone who plays a certain game "vegetables" and "uncapable (should be incapable) of deep understanding and judgement"?

Here is a video about it by the way. Should clean up some misunderstandings: