[CASELABS BH4] MILSPEC II

2 minutes ago, randy hutajulu said:

Uummm... honestly, i still prefer the old color sir.

The old colour was primer......

SR-2-2x X5650 Xeons-3x 670 FTW-1x 120Gb Force GT-1x 240Gb Force GT-1tb WD Green-12Gb Dom GT 1866-Platimax 1500w-2x HK3-2xD5-24v controller-3x RX 480's-3x NiBlk HK GPU blocks-Koolance tops-BP res-15x SP120's-Little Devil V8.

6 hours ago, randy hutajulu said:

Uummm... honestly, i still prefer the old color sir

6 hours ago, B NEGATIVE said:

Are you planning on doing more coats @B NEGATIVE? I really hate to be rude or nitpicky, especially since this is an AMAZING build. That said, I feel like you missed olive drab by, well quite a ways. (The build is named "MILSPEC II" after all)

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

5 minutes ago, wolfgang said:

What is that fan controller you have in there?

Its an Aquaero XT6 PRO

3 minutes ago, straight_stewie said:

Are you planning on doing more coats @B NEGATIVE? I really hate to be rude or nitpicky, especially since this is an AMAZING build. That said, I feel like you missed olive drab by, well quite a ways. (The build is named "MILSPEC II" after all)

Yeah....I kinda ran out of white paint to mix down with....I will be honest tho,I really like the colour,its grown on me quite a lot...

SR-2-2x X5650 Xeons-3x 670 FTW-1x 120Gb Force GT-1x 240Gb Force GT-1tb WD Green-12Gb Dom GT 1866-Platimax 1500w-2x HK3-2xD5-24v controller-3x RX 480's-3x NiBlk HK GPU blocks-Koolance tops-BP res-15x SP120's-Little Devil V8.

7 minutes ago, B NEGATIVE said:

Yeah....I kinda ran out of white paint to mix down with....I will be honest tho,I really like the colour,its grown on me quite a lot...

The color is fine, it's not like puky green or anything. It just doesn't fit the name IMO. TBH I don't know much about painting things, so I don't know what white has to do with OD. What does white have to do with Olive Drab?

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

1 minute ago, straight_stewie said:

The color is fine, it's not like puky green or anything. It just doesn't fit the name IMO. TBH I don't know much about painting things, so I don't know what white has to do with OD. What does white have to do with Olive Drab?

I mix my own paint. White is the lightening component to the base green.

13 hours ago, B NEGATIVE said:

ouw... hahahah... sorry sir.

but, why didn't you go with dark grey or dark silverstone? i think that will be awesome. just my thoughts

Hey since you got the BH4 in your hands quick Q... You think an Asus poseidon will fit into that thing, and have enough space to fit the watcool tubes in? Or will it be too much of a gamble and be better off just getting an EK waterblock?

A quick peek before I finish up scuffing the yellow with a scotch pad to soften the lines and give it a used feel.

First time with Inspire H20 airbrush paint....and my last,back to solvent for me,viscosity had to be just right and I just couldnt get it,resorted to airbrush flush as a thinner in the end.

NXzcR7f.jpg

If the weather is good then clearcoating tomorrow.

14 hours ago, jk441 said:

Hey since you got the BH4 in your hands quick Q... You think an Asus poseidon will fit into that thing, and have enough space to fit the watcool tubes in? Or will it be too much of a gamble and be better off just getting an EK waterblock?

I should imagine so,the only reason the Strix dont fit is because they are BLOODY OOOOOOOOGE.....

Lovely! The green makes a lot more sense now... :D 

Main Rig "Melanie" (click!) -- AMD Ryzen7 1800X • Gigabyte Aorus X370-Gaming 5 • 3x G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 8GB • Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming • Corsair RM750x • Phanteks Enthoo Pro --

HTPC "Keira" -- AMD Sempron 2650 • MSI AM1I • 2x Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866 8GB • ASUS ENGTX 560Ti • Corsair SF450 • Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV Shift --

Laptop "Abbey" -- AMD E-350 • HP 646982-001 • 1x Samsung DDR3 1333 4GB • AMD Radeon HD 6310 • HP MU06 Notebook Battery • HP 635 case --

Thanks for the reply and really looking forward to the end product! Paint job looking amazing :D

So,while im waiting for the skies to clear,I got on with making the res.

I did take video of the machine in action but as per usual left autofocus off so that was ruined.....but the res wasnt!

Az8o04G.jpg?1

The res has a rebate on the thick main body so its flush with the paint work,both end plates bolt thru

9aj7O7b.jpg

z6L5uUt.jpg

h6dVM6a.jpg

First time acrylic machining,so easy...I love it...I dont love the clear up but machining it is fun!

Now I have to put a slight radius on the leading edge of the res front and go all in with lowfats polishing guideto make it glass clear,I have 2 types of oring here,nitrile and a white silicon cord so they need to be cut to size also.
New bolts are on their way,not those nasty pan heads either,CSK and cups all round!

CMON WEATHER,GIMME A BREAK!!!!!

That looks like two really big scratches on the first picture... Did you manage to polish them off, or is that just visual deception and weren't they there in the first place?

Also, big props on having the courage to make your own reservoir; I'd be absolutely mortified by the prospect of potential leakage...

Main Rig "Melanie" (click!) -- AMD Ryzen7 1800X • Gigabyte Aorus X370-Gaming 5 • 3x G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 8GB • Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming • Corsair RM750x • Phanteks Enthoo Pro --

HTPC "Keira" -- AMD Sempron 2650 • MSI AM1I • 2x Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866 8GB • ASUS ENGTX 560Ti • Corsair SF450 • Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV Shift --

Laptop "Abbey" -- AMD E-350 • HP 646982-001 • 1x Samsung DDR3 1333 4GB • AMD Radeon HD 6310 • HP MU06 Notebook Battery • HP 635 case --

1 hour ago, rjfaber91 said:

That looks like two really big scratches on the first picture... Did you manage to polish them off, or is that just visual deception and weren't they there in the first place?

Also, big props on having the courage to make your own reservoir; I'd be absolutely mortified by the prospect of potential leakage...

Those marks are the reflection of the shielded cable coming of the spindle of the CNC.

And the res is finished...except for more polishing obviously....

There is always more polishing with acrylic......

q90iFpR.jpg

CqqFwMe.jpg

Now to get the rads and basically the whole ped plumbed in.

15 hours ago, Darkmatter35 said:

Why so much emphasis on the res screws? Interesting look

I kinda wish I had gone for m3 over m4 screws......

A bigger bolt means more compression force is spread over the head,this means less cracking of the acrylic

1 minute ago, B NEGATIVE said:

I kinda wish I had gone for m3 over m4 screws......

A bigger bolt means more compression force is spread over the head,this means less cracking of the acrylic

Yeah with the whole light lime and gold theme, adding clear acrylic to the color pallet really draws attention to the res. Small black M4/3's would be subtle enoguh not to draw attention but the silver and gold honestly clashes way to hard for me. Light lime fluid would counter it well but it would still stand out a bit. 

Well,she is full of water,now to clear the bubbles and get the OS installed.

Cross my fingers that the PSU jump wiring works correctly now......

Qrv9qZD.jpg

Res is solid,not even a hint of a leak,I did have a leaky fitting (nicked oring) but that was found on the air test....didnt help that it was in the bowels of the rig so everything had to come out!!!

I was also thinking about the DDC and the vibration it would put into the res,Im happy to say that it doesnt vibrate at all,the mass of the res with water in makes a fine dampener.  

Seems my next job for tomorrow is get the OS installed,clean all my mucky finger prints of it and take some pictures,I have a nice place in mind too.

You thought I forgot with all the things going on right now....

Magoo thinks it was a job well done,he is having a well earned nap on possibly the dirtiest bean bag ever....

Many thanks to:

ASUS UK

KLEVV and Essencore

My hombres at EK

Tom Logan at OC3D

And the guys at Caselabs! Hope you like it Jim!

5 hours ago, B NEGATIVE said:

Many thanks to:

ASUS UK

KLEVV and Essencore

My hombres at EK

Tom Logan at OC3D

And the guys at Caselabs! Hope you like it Jim!

WOOOOWWWW.....

daaammnn....!!

sorry. i can't help it. sorry.

damn..!! i always adore your builds sir. 

and, thank God u didn't use green coolant. 

daammnn...!!! (sorry again)

I have been curious of the klevv ram since I first saw it. May have to put it in my future build. 

Very nice build. The greens really works with the gold details.

Blarg

2 hours ago, BeardRex said:

Though I can't personally stand the colour choices, this build still look sexy as hell!

I agree with the colour, but the craftsmanship is extraordinary. 

Check out my YouTube channel here and don't forget to subscribe :D

Current build: Project Athena