Should Pokémon GO Be Banned?

NTDaws

Should Pokémon GO Be Banned?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Ban Pokémon Or Not?

actualy i like the game it encourages people to move around which is great for everyone

Omega-  I5 6600k | Gigabyte GTX 1060 | Cougar Panzer | DDR4 16GB 3000MHz | MSI Z170 Gaming M5

EVGA 650 GQ | AOC 60Hz Freesync Panels x2 | AOC 144hz Freesync Panel x1

Epsilon- I7 2700k | Asus GTX 970 | Corsair 780t | DDR3 8GB 1600MHz | EVGA Z68 FTW Mobo

Corsair 750W G2 | Acer R240HY x2

Upsilon- i7 5500u | 6GB DDR3 | 720p 60Hz panel

No, bad things happen if you're retarded and don't look where you're going. I have 0 interest for pokemon but banning it is pointless. Might as well ban bikes while you're at it...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

it shouldnt be banned, the idiots that do stupid things with the game should be banned.

just like shooters shouldnt be banned because some idiot grabbed a gun and shot a bunch of people because of what he learned in CS:GO.

lol no. troll thread.

CPU: i9 19300k////GPU: RTX 4090////RAM: 64gb DDR5 5600mhz ////MOBO: Aorus z790 Elite////MONITORS: 3 LG 38" 3840x1600 WIDESCREEN MONITORS

It's not Pokemon GO's fault that people don't know how to pay attention.  It is beneficial as it encourages walking around/being more active.  In a  sense it encourages natural selection...(I'm kidding that's a terrible thing to say) However I do believe that in a couple months it will die down.  

Some of my most inactive friends have begun going on multi-mile walks hunting for pokemon, pokemon go is a blessing and I hope it sticks around for a long time.

Current System: R7 1700x 3.93Ghz, PowerColor R9 380x 1.14ghz, 16gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200mhz, EVGA 650 GS

5 minutes ago, Ganz said:

It's not Pokemon GO's fault that people don't know how to pay attention.  It is beneficial as it encourages walking around/being more active.  In a  sense it encourages natural selection...(I'm kidding that's a terrible thing to say) However I do believe that in a couple months it will die down.  

if natural selection applied to modern society that guy in college spooning out a tub of mayo wouldnt be alive.

My wife almost got hit by a car with that app. She found a legendary, and I told her that "Next time you find one cross the street first then you can look down at your phone"

Should it get ban? Nope.

Also a police stopped us yesterday and told us to be careful because there was a group of people going around, and stealing cell phones.

just downloaded it and its telling me to go the the cemetery over the road to go find some Pokémon. i think they should consider where there placing things 

My speakers dont even fit on or under my desk...PA's FTW

1 hour ago, scobie56 said:

just downloaded it and its telling me to go the the cemetery over the road to go find some Pokémon. i think they should consider where there placing things 

But Ghost Pokemon.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

if anything this encourages kids  to go outside and explore rather than stay at home. its an excellent game. well done nintendo.

Would love to hear why people think it should be banned...

It's like anything and everything, somewhere, someone is gonna abuse and/or misuse it. This just happen to be the most recent one.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Almost got hit my a car and my girlfriend broke her phone. This game has already changed the way I live my life. I dedicate four hours to GO every day and it's an amazing way to spend my summer. It's even encouraging me to go to places like NYC and Princeton to walk around and find gyms. 100% DO NOT ban.

• 2 weeks later...

I heard a rumor saying that pokemon go is banned at the airport , is that true ?

Pokemon GO should be banned since people are dying from walking around! Exercise is unhealthy for us PC troglodytes! Please Game Freak! Let us die from too much Mountain Dew and Doritos!

Seriously, though. The game has a start screen that says to watch your surroundings. If you get hurt for walking around and not paying attention, unfortunate but it was your fault. If you get hit by someone driving and GO'ing, that should be banned.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

On 7/23/2016 at 10:53 AM, ARikozuM said:

Seriously, though. The game has a start screen that says to watch your surroundings. If you get hurt for walking around and not paying attention, unfortunate but it was your fault. If you get hit by someone driving and GO'ing, that should be banned.

Doing anything other than navigation and talking on a cell phone is already banned in my state, but I still see people texting, facebooking, tweeting, snapchat-ing... pokemon go has just brought this to attention because it's new.

Dumb people are going to do dumb things. Nothing you can do about it

I voted yes. Because I despise humanity.

No wait, then I should've voted yes as this game can actually get people killed ....

I confuse myself, misanthropy is hard to deal deal with.

Linus is my fetish.

I think if people hurt themselves or get killed due to playing it and their own stupidity it's just nature culling the herd....

In my City, a entire road was closed, only for pokemon...

Main PC: R7 3700X / Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro Wifi / Radeon RX 5700 XT / 32GB DDR4-3200 / 250GB & 2TB Crucial MX500 (in HP Prodesk 400 Case)

Laptop: R5 2500U / Radeon Vega 8 / 8GB DDR4-2400 / 500GB SK Hynix BC501 (HP Envy x360 13)

My little Server: i7-7700 / Asrock H110M-ITX / 24GB DDR4-2400 / Samsung 860 Pro 250GB & Seagate Firecuda 2TB / VMware ESXi 6.7

(Don't tell me i should Name them, i don't want to ^^)