Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CPotter

LG PF1000U Ultra Short Throw Projector Giveaway

the only projector anybody would ever need! The possibilities are endless! Definitely a really cool product

My PC Setup:

Spoiler

The PC:

Case: Cougar Solution ATX Mid Tower

CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1620v3

Mobo: AsRock x99 Extreme4

RAM: 12GB (3x4GB) GeiL DDR4 2133MHz

GPU: AMD Radeon RX 580 4GB MSI Armor OC

PSU: EVGA 80+ 500w

Storage: Toshiba P300 1TB HDD + Hitachi HDS721016CLA382 160GB HDD (with the classic messy partition table)

Cooling: Zalman CNPS10X Extreme

Etc: LG Lite-On DVD+R Burner (i use optical media all the time for vintage computers, it's not dead yet! hell, floppy drive in here too but can't plug it into x99 :()

Outside the case:

Monitors (left to right):  Dell E176FP + Samsung Syncmaster 2253BW + AOC G2260VWQ6 Freesync

Keyboard: Lexmark (IBM) Model M-122

Mouse: Logitech G402

Headset: Samson SR850

DAC: Digidesign Mbox 2 Mini

Mic: Realistic Cardioid 33-992a

Main Laptop: 2009 Macbook (Recycling Haul)
Streaming Laptop: 2013 Samsung Series 7 Ultra 740U

Amazingly versatile, it seems like a more than decent fixed projector but it's also pretty portable, I never thought that projectors needed anything better beyond better resolution and more energy/thermal efficient, but this is a nice step into making projectors a more viable solution for other situations.

This looks really cool! I've been looking for a projector so that I don't need to bring a 2nd monitor with me up to school to use as a tv, and this would look great for the movies I have as well as games. I might get one even if I don't win.

So sweet. I'd get rid of my TV so fast 

CPU: Intel 875k @ 4Ghz, Motherboard: Asus P7P55DE Pro, RAM:8gb Corsair Dominator, GPU: ASUS GTX 660ti SLI, Case: Corsair 600T (Graphite), Storage:120gb OCZ Vertex 4/1 TB WD Black, PSU: 850W Corsair 80+ Gold, Displays: 2x ASUS 23in 1080p 120hz Cooling: Corsair H100i, Mouse/Keyboard: Razer Death Adder & Razer Black Widow, Speakers: Corsair SP2500

This is the sort of thing i need ive tried adding projectors in my living room but because of how small my rooms are i only get around a 60 inch were this i would prob get the full wall which would mean i can get a good surround sound system and show some movies on play on the Xbox one at full screen which is what i have been trying to do for a while the prices off the bulbs must cost a lot as the projector is a heavy price...

It'd be interesting to see what kind of desk mods could come out of something like this - flush mount it so you have a monitor-free desktop, or something similar. The creative juices are flowing.

It's incredible that its possible to have a 200" display that anyone can carry in their backpack.

On 7/15/2016 at 11:59 PM, SamStrecker said:

No most projectors are 1:1 or the same speed as a monitor

was making a comment that my hardcore smash playing friends would say

they refuse to play on anything that is not a crt tv/monitor......

This would make one awesome home theater set up! Just pair with some surround sound and let the Game Of Thrones marathon begin.

Looks fantastic, I love the fact it works from 15" from the wall and the size of it! That's unbelievable, I simply cannot believe LG have managed to create something of such capabilities. Bluetooth and the smart TV features - it's just a masterpiece!

Jr. Systems Administrator

*All my opinions are my own based on my Technical Experiences and Tech Reviews!

I think the PF1000U projector looks really cool and you could even build theater with that. I would use it to watch films and play super smash bros

DSC_2663-Edit_full.jpgI think this little beauty looks like exactly what I'd want for my new apartment. 

I've got this one blank white wall in the main living space that I've been contemplating getting a projector for, but without being able to mount on the ceiling I wasn't sure what my options really were.

I'm curious how it stacks up to other short throw offerings from the likes of asus et al.

Very cool projector! The ultra short throw looks very handy for projecting in a small room on a big screen.

Very practical due to its small size and the low weight... especially if you compare it to a 100" monitor or TV. ;) 

I Would probably use it to play games in my bedroom and turn the whole wall into a big screen and I would also use it at work. (at events and on stage and stuff) 

I never could have a projector becouse it isnt cheap in croatia i dont know why i am even doing this.. i probably wont get it........ this sounds very klishey i just want it soo bad

On 10/07/2016 at 5:48 AM, CPotter said:

To coincide with tonight's video release, LG has given us two units of their PF1000U Short Throw Projectors to giveaway! This will be a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, see below for entry details.

PF1000U

Purchase Link: http://bit.ly/29tAdg7

To enter the giveaway:

1. Comment below, tell us your thoughts about the PF1000U projector.

2. Go say hi and give LG a follow over on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LGUS

*Entries close on 7/18/2016. 

The winner will be announced randomly, and you'll see their names edited into the bottom of this post. I will also DM the winners, and they'll have 72 hours to respond.

Thanks Everyone! :) Good Luck!

I still can belive it does 200