LG PF1000U Ultra Short Throw Projector Giveaway

Its 7/16/16 so i dont know if this will enter the entry but i just thought i would go for it and i think its a cool projector small portable and would probably be great for out door parties or even like a camping trip if you have a white sheet, i'd love to have one and just give out my thoughts.

nvm about the 7/16/16 cause they just changed it XP

Edited by Ukrainiantrust
they changed date

Looks perfect for a lan sesh :D

Could be used to do stop and go Smash Bros I like it

Hey Linus the video kicked ass.  I would love to win this beast projector. Especially when having friends over for multiplayer games. Oh man that would rock. 

i personally am a nocturnal guy.

I like working at night , especially in the Summer because i cant stand the heat of the sun on really warm days.

And the low ambient hum of the world around you on a breezy night can be especially inspiring.

I am a Musician , i work with my DAW when ever i have the time.

The only reason that is keeping me from switching to mobile on my workflow ,

(since i already use headphones most of the time)

is UI scaling.

It sucks and on a screen with a HD or lower resolution a single vst takes up more then 80% of the available screen space.

This projector would enable the kind of setup that you could use outside on the back wall of ones house without having to spend hours to set it up every time,

or having to panic when it rains.

Also that thing looks sexy as fuck... dem lenses ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

Although it is pretty dark here most of the time at night , i wonder how the performance is in different lighting conditions.

Its certainly non of dem projektors that are so bright they burn right through the canvas

On 7/10/2016 at 10:48 AM, CPotter said:

To coincide with tonight's video release, LG has given us two units of their PF1000U Short Throw Projectors to giveaway! This will be a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, see below for entry details.

PF1000U

Purchase Link: http://bit.ly/29tAdg7

To enter the giveaway:

1. Comment below, tell us your thoughts about the PF1000U projector.

2. Go say hi and give LG a follow over on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LGUS

*Entries close on 7/18/2016. 

The winner will be announced randomly, and you'll see their names edited into the bottom of this post. I will also DM the winners, and they'll have 72 hours to respond.

Thanks Everyone!  Good Luck!

On 7/10/2016 at 10:48 AM, CPotter said:

It is so awesome and how it can project such a big image on a small screen awesome it would make editing video and to start my light show projects would be awesome to have it :)

i think this projector is way ahead of its time with the ultra short throw and it is insane frome that distance to get suck a huge screen

I never knew such short throw projectors existed!

It would have been perfect for those nights with my friends, cramped in front of my small TV, watching Game of Thrones and then the Euros!

I've always wanted a projector from the moment I first saw one in school, hahaha.

Would be awesome fun for parties, both for movies and gaming.

This projector is amazing. It looks awesome and the quality looks great. I always wanted to watch Netflix on the big screen. But it's too expensive for me. This is the solution. I also want to hook up a PS4, I think that would be even better than movies. It looks like this projector is something else than your average €400,- (440 dollars) projector. Love it. Credit to LG for making such an awesome projector. :)

I really like the fact that the PF1000U is super small and portable.

This honestly sounds like an awesome product for gaming and even other purposes like presentations.

I would love to put this next to my bed so I can play games and watch movies while laying down! Would work perfect with my steam controller.

I would just want this for the sole purpose of wanting to play games or watch videos with friends..

This is great for one of empty walls in my room!

Nice beamer. Had problems with a room to short for my beamer before.

Loving the short throw on this projector, my current old one was against the back wall and the picture still want that big.

Great video :)

the only projector anybody would ever need! The possibilities are endless! Definitely a really cool product

My PC Setup:

Spoiler

The PC:

Case: Cougar Solution ATX Mid Tower

CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1620v3

Mobo: AsRock x99 Extreme4

RAM: 12GB (3x4GB) GeiL DDR4 2133MHz

GPU: AMD Radeon RX 580 4GB MSI Armor OC

PSU: EVGA 80+ 500w

Storage: Toshiba P300 1TB HDD + Hitachi HDS721016CLA382 160GB HDD (with the classic messy partition table)

Cooling: Zalman CNPS10X Extreme

Etc: LG Lite-On DVD+R Burner (i use optical media all the time for vintage computers, it's not dead yet! hell, floppy drive in here too but can't plug it into x99 :()

Outside the case:

Monitors (left to right):  Dell E176FP + Samsung Syncmaster 2253BW + AOC G2260VWQ6 Freesync

Keyboard: Lexmark (IBM) Model M-122

Mouse: Logitech G402

Headset: Samson SR850

DAC: Digidesign Mbox 2 Mini

Mic: Realistic Cardioid 33-992a

Main Laptop: 2009 Macbook (Recycling Haul)
Streaming Laptop: 2013 Samsung Series 7 Ultra 740U

Amazingly versatile, it seems like a more than decent fixed projector but it's also pretty portable, I never thought that projectors needed anything better beyond better resolution and more energy/thermal efficient, but this is a nice step into making projectors a more viable solution for other situations.

This looks really cool! I've been looking for a projector so that I don't need to bring a 2nd monitor with me up to school to use as a tv, and this would look great for the movies I have as well as games. I might get one even if I don't win.

Now that's a funky looking projector.

Coolest projector i've seen in a while. Would definitely use this for gaming.

So sweet. I'd get rid of my TV so fast 

CPU: Intel 875k @ 4Ghz, Motherboard: Asus P7P55DE Pro, RAM:8gb Corsair Dominator, GPU: ASUS GTX 660ti SLI, Case: Corsair 600T (Graphite), Storage:120gb OCZ Vertex 4/1 TB WD Black, PSU: 850W Corsair 80+ Gold, Displays: 2x ASUS 23in 1080p 120hz Cooling: Corsair H100i, Mouse/Keyboard: Razer Death Adder & Razer Black Widow, Speakers: Corsair SP2500

This is the sort of thing i need ive tried adding projectors in my living room but because of how small my rooms are i only get around a 60 inch were this i would prob get the full wall which would mean i can get a good surround sound system and show some movies on play on the Xbox one at full screen which is what i have been trying to do for a while the prices off the bulbs must cost a lot as the projector is a heavy price...