LG PF1000U Ultra Short Throw Projector Giveaway

This project would be perfect for my own "world's most comfortable gaming setup" I am trying to build! Perfect for little rooms with little space

I really love big displays. And that's what this projector (in Germany also called "beamer") is. It's not only a foldable monitor, but it's a whole Cinema station. It's that protable. Now you're basicly able to hold a big movie session with just this handy piece of tech. I'm sure pretty much everyone would enjoy having the opportunity to have their own cinema with them all the time in their backpack.

So yeah. I'd really like to win one of these to be such a guy. To be someone who's able to present the best movies basicly anywhere as if I was in the cinema.

Thanks LG and LTT (LMG) to jsut be so kind giving two of these awesome boxes away!

Greetings from Germany,

Alex!

Nice projector. Image looked pretty good on the video. Hopefully it will also be good in person.

Short throw projector was always my dream. This will make a great asset to my lan parties with friends and events for our makerspace :D

It's pretty cool for throwing images up being close to the wall, like if you couldn't mount a ceiling projector, like in my room.

LG is best at making display tech. Keep up the good work! :)

Thanks for the giveaway.

epic way to have entertainment while on a camping trip, project it on the fog or the tents power from the car synced up bluetooth mini speakers. our version of a campsite drive in!!!!!

Just purchasing my first house and have a basement that needs a large screen to use up some space on a wall. this would be a great addition to the space and a definite upgrade from 32 inch television or especially by 19 inch monitor.

Such a tiny profile, yet you can get 200" of awesomeness!! And it is a short throw, so it would work perfectly in my small bedroom! Keep up the good work LG!☺?

Edited by thatonegamer

PC -- R5 2600 - GTX 1070Ti 8GB - 16GB RAM - 1TB  M.2 SSD 

Laptop -- Ryzen 7 - Vega 11 - 16GB RAM - TBB WD SSD

Do they PM the webmail? I never check Twitter or this forum sadly :S

993503_10208907742912169_844828354666577948_n.jpg

10 minutes ago, Woltox said:

Hmm, awsome :D actully a projector that can fit in my room :o 

You never know where it can fit 

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

On 7/9/2016 at 10:48 PM, CPotter said:

To coincide with tonight's video release, LG has given us two units of their PF1000U Short Throw Projectors to giveaway! This will be a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, see below for entry details.

PF1000U

Purchase Link: http://bit.ly/29tAdg7

To enter the giveaway:

1. Comment below, tell us your thoughts about the PF1000U projector.

2. Go say hi and give LG a follow over on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LGUS

*Entries close on 7/16/2016. 

The winner will be announced randomly, and you'll see their names edited into the bottom of this post. I will also DM the winners, and they'll have 72 hours to respond.

Thanks Everyone! :) Good Luck!

Love this. I have a small room with no space to set up a traditional projector - this would solve my problem for me.

I got a plain white wall in my room, this would work great.

That looks amazing! I have a small portable projector and always struggle to find a place to set it, with the right height and properly flat, etc. It is small and portable... but not really for portable use. I would love to have one like this LG one that I can just place on the floor in front of a wall! Plus it looks quite bright, I hope it's lightweight as Linus says. :)

An projector, that can give such good and wide image quality?! Simply Magnificent! I'd love to own one, especially from LG, hence i use theyre LG G4 SmarthPhone. ^^

Looks like a cool and easy to use projector. I noticed the Lumens are around 1000. I don't know much about LED projectors and how they compare to traditional bulbs but that count seems a little low which may be why Linus had to totally darken the room to achieve the 200" screen. At my work, we have Epson Brightlink 595wi's and while they are a fair bit more expensive they have 3300 lumens. We have about a 100" screen and with the 3300 lumens we are able to see the image very well with all the lights on. 

I dont think the Lumens would be a big deal though in terms of what this projector is designed for. It would be awesome to have one of these in the home.

Honestly, the video was pretty damn good for 2 minutes of run time, and the projector looks to be one hell of a beast. Would love to get my hands on one!

I work with some guys that do video mapping Installations, programming interactive content with sensors is my thing, would be AWESOMELY great to have my own personal short trow projector to work on projects of my own and level up my game, plus I can totally post cool stuff done with it If get to win one!

Thanks!

Tony

I think its amazing for such a small form factor.

On 7/10/2016 at 5:48 AM, CPotter said:

To coincide with tonight's video release, LG has given us two units of their PF1000U Short Throw Projectors to giveaway! This will be a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, see below for entry details.

PF1000U

Purchase Link: http://bit.ly/29tAdg7

To enter the giveaway:

1. Comment below, tell us your thoughts about the PF1000U projector.

2. Go say hi and give LG a follow over on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LGUS

*Entries close on 7/16/2016. 

The winner will be announced randomly, and you'll see their names edited into the bottom of this post. I will also DM the winners, and they'll have 72 hours to respond.

Thanks Everyone! :) Good Luck!

It's awesome product. LG provided the best TV technology with the Oled screens and now this. Ohh man i can't wait to see the next awesome product from the company.

I think this is probably the most amazing projector I ever seen even though I never owned a projector in my life. I think this projector is a great invention to be able to provide such large and amazing images with it only being a couple inches away from the actual screen you're showing it on. I would love this projector to showcase movies or pictures on a big screen either indoors in the attic or outdoors in the backyard. This would be perfect for any occasion including a backyard movie for entertainment. Thank you for this amazing opportunity. Hope for the best luck to everyone.

Too bad this projector makes me feel bad because it is way cooler then me :(

Kappa

I'm the best person on the planet sorry Linus

Kappa

I'm just an ordinary guys who likes to hope that there is hope and that the human race wont go extinct due to his own mistake.

I have no idea where i'm going with this but I like the projector :)

Well thanks 2 Linus my little seven-year-old boy came into the bedroom yesterday morning said Daddy! Daddy! you have to get up and see this and he showed me this little projector on your guyses YouTube channel he idolizes Linus Tech tips he said that this would go good with my gaming computer and I looked at it and check it out and researched it and that's a pretty neat little thing that would go good on his bedroom wall anyway you guys keep doing what you're doing my little boy loves it good day!