LG PF1000U Ultra Short Throw Projector Giveaway

Very cool projector! I don't really have much experience but I am still blown away at the very impressive image size from such a close distance to the wall!

That said, however I feel that the $1,300 price tag is a bit much. Regardless, I'm sure this would be a great option for people who need a projector in a tight space

Certainly looks like something i can bring to some of my social gatherings to game together

Really cool. I just think $1400 is waaaaaay too much. Maybe skimp on some distance or features and lower it to $500 maximum? The only projector I could justify getting is one below $300, but I don't think that will be possible in the next 5 years.

This would be so much better to use for movie nights!! Also like the idea of being able to play Overwatch on the side of my dorm building haha

Wow, I really loved the video. Nicely made! If it is that good... Damn.

This projector would be absolutely amazing to have!

Simply awesome. I wonder how long the lamp can last?

4 hours ago, CPotter said:

To coincide with tonight's video release, LG has given us two units of their PF1000U Short Throw Projectors to giveaway! This will be a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, see below for entry details.

PF1000U

Purchase Link: http://bit.ly/29tAdg7

To enter the giveaway:

1. Comment below, tell us your thoughts about the PF1000U projector.

2. Go say hello and give LG a follow over on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LGUS

*Entries close on 7/16/2016. 

The winner will be announced randomly, and you'll see their names edited into the bottom of this post. I will also DM the winners, and they'll have 72 hours to respond.

Thanks Everyone! :) Good Luck!

I love it when people figure out clever solutions like the short throw optics.

This projector is a beast !! Being able to concentrate is a small form factor like this all this powerful technology is really well played from LG.

Also the fact that it can interact wirerlessly with your computer because it is considered as asmart tv is a really good choice of ingeenering.

This would be great to have, my TV is about to break down.. :)

This looks really amazing, I would love to have one. I wish it wasn't so expensive. :( It looks really nice however and 5 inches!? what wizardry is this?? lol

Does anyone know how much heat this produces? Every experience I've had with projectors (mostly old, haven't used anything newer than from.. 2006?) are they make rooms really hot. Is that different with LED DLP projectors?

-Tony

This projector is exactly what I need for my 'smash' club with my pals. Smash Bros. Wii U with all the DLC already installed, ready to be brought onto the biggest of big screens.

It's perfect! I'm looking for at projector at the moment, and this one is now on my top 3 list. 

This seems like an amazing projector for my small house.

Far superior to a wall mounted projector. I've always liked the idea of a projector for movies and split screen games on consoles. The portability and ease of setup is really what gives it the upper hand on other projectors.

Well what can I say another great video by Linus and the group I wish I could get one in good old England but alas I probably have no chance but looks a fantastic product for parties etc. How much is this product and when is the official launch in the UK any news on this? Also what connections does it have you touched on bluetooth is this an option or does it have to be wired to say a laptop etc?

Last thing a big thank for at least giving me a chance to win this and even if I don't just keep up the good work as you inspired me to build 3 PC's now which I never knew i could do at 40 years old! Crap at DIY just ask my wife!! :)

Cheers

I could finally setup a nice gaming space in the partially finished basement with this projector. Glad it works in rooms with not a lot of space.

@Vladario

I can think of a few things that this would be useful for when your on the go and you do not want to lug a full size desktop screen with ya. This is a great product if you can put it to use on the go.  The specs and the features on it are not to bad for a small portable projector, its a little steep on the price but, you kinda would expect something like this to have from a big name company like LG. Overall a cool little thing to have on the go with some decent specs and features, if you have the money and need a portable screen then this may be a good option. 

THE PIT VIPER SPECS

4790k @ 4.7ghz  (EVGA CLC 360MM) | 32GB Patriot Viper Extreme @2133 mhz | Asus Z97-DELUXE Cooler Master H500M.| EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3

The lack of space required to do such a large protection... Wow, if I don't win, I'm 100%going to buy one of these bad boys. 

love the idea and gets around the problems of wiring up a projector

Was really cool to see super meat boy on the big screen :)

I think the multiple connection options are really interesting. Also really like the different sizes that are supported.

Edited by TetraSlash
im bad at spelling