Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CPotter

LG PF1000U Ultra Short Throw Projector Giveaway

Damn, that is a tiny projector.

It'd be really awesome for playing multiplayer splitscreen games on the PC.

Or watching movies.

I have seen this projector before. I think this projector is very cool just because of this short throw feature. Nice to have!

I loved my old projector but it was huge and needed to be about 12 feet from the screen which didn't work when I moved.   This looks great. 

This would take game night to a whole other level.  Night time games is the way to go!

Processor: I7 4790k @ 4.6 ghz

Ram: 32 gb of Avexir DDR3 ram

GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9-390

PSU: 850w corsair RM series

CPU Cooler: H100i gtx

Case: Master case pro 5

Monitor: LG 29UM67P

One of the limiting factors for projectors is the required distance that need to be accounted for. It can be quite a hassle but probably not as much as getting a dark enough environment / good white surface. Nevertheless, the projector gets rid of one pesky requirement and adds portability. It seems pretty awesome :)

I'd do something about that open end where the lens project onto the mirror outwards, if that can be made lower profile and protected, (maybe a removable cover?) that would be just awesome to carry around everywhere. Great idea LG, keep it up.

Stay Snazzy. 

:D to be able to make a super big screen and dont even have to worry about to set it up, i can put it right at the wall!!, i think that it would be a great experience for viewing movies and playing games and with all of those features like the smart tv and wireless connectivity to share anything and also that i can travel or have the best mobile setup i mean i can go wherever i like with this projector is just perfect.

I like the overall design of it being so mobile.  As a college student this would be fantastic for presentations with the light weight mobility and picture quality.  I do not know too much about projectors but the "ultra short throw optic" seems like a nice feature being able to get a 100+ inch image from a little over a foot away.  Otherwise a nice product!

I have been looking into getting a projector that I could easily use, but I always dismissed them for the costs of the bulbs, the size, or how much i would actually use it. I think the application for this was fantastic, but if you did break in to a place that way, I doubt you would leave all the equipment just lying on the ground. I am interested to see what one could really do with easy access to this kind of equipment. Thanks again for the giveaway.

It looks really interesting as a piece of technology and it's another step closer to replacing monitors lol jk but it is pretty cool to essentially have a portable television in your backpack to take somewhere. It could be used at parties for a large screen for other people to see what's going on instead of gathering around a small screen or just for personal use when you're tired of looking at monitor and want to observe a wall.

On July 9, 2016 at 10:48 PM, CPotter said:

To coincide with tonight's video release, LG has given us two units of their PF1000U Short Throw Projectors to giveaway! This will be a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, see below for entry details.

PF1000U

Purchase Link: http://bit.ly/29tAdg7

To enter the giveaway:

1. Comment below, tell us your thoughts about the PF1000U projector.

2. Go say hello and give LG a follow over on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LGUS

*Entries close on 7/16/2016. 

The winner will be announced randomly, and you'll see their names edited into the bottom of this post. I will also DM the winners, and they'll have 72 hours to respond.

Thanks Everyone! :) Good Luck!

On July 9, 2016 at 10:48 PM, CPotter said:

To coincide with tonight's video release, LG has given us two units of their PF1000U Short Throw Projectors to giveaway! This will be a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, see below for entry details.

PF1000U

Purchase Link: http://bit.ly/29tAdg7

To enter the giveaway:

1. Comment below, tell us your thoughts about the PF1000U projector.

2. Go say hello and give LG a follow over on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LGUS

*Entries close on 7/16/2016. 

The winner will be announced randomly, and you'll see their names edited into the bottom of this post. I will also DM the winners, and they'll have 72 hours to respond.

Thanks Everyone! :) Good Luck!

This would be amazing on the back of my house greatest gaming rig ever 

OH man! This is perfect! Aside from the price... I've wanted to use a projector for lan parties forever but have never found one that was small enough and could be used in cramped quarters this would be perfect :Q